Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: time execl
Top Forums Programming time execl Post 302286309 by nicos on Tuesday 10th of February 2009 08:52:22 PM
Old 02-10-2009
time execl

hello everybody

how can i time the execution of execl() command inside my C code?
for example, i wrote..
execl("md5sum","md5sum","myprog",NULL);
i want to count the duration of the execl command!

thanx in advance!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

execl, execv or execp

Hi! I'm writing a C program which gets from the command line a shell command (such as "ls" ) and I should execute it. My Q is: how can I send a command to the shell? I know I have to use one of the above functions, but I don't know how to use them. Thanks eyal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: azran
1 Replies

2. Programming

execl / execv ?

Hi, Is it possible to run a program from my C program using only the full pathname? for example if I wanna call: "ls", so I whould have to use: execl("/bin/ls", "ls", NULL); Is it possible to do this using only: "/bin/ls" thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owijust
1 Replies

3. Programming

How to specify path of a function within execl

Consider the following scenario program1: main() { ...... execl("path","function",...); ..... } function() { ----- ------- } Now i want to include the path of function in execl. How to do this. should the path be the path of function's executable file. If it so how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bankpro
1 Replies

4. Programming

execl()

can anyone explain how to pass arguments of a program in execl function pls explain with a sample code. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with execl command

I want to make simultanous sh commands in an exec command for example I want to counts the lines in a file wc -l my file.txt | awk -F" " '{print $1}'` works fine in sh but I want to implement it in a c code the first part works like this execl("/usr/bin/wc", "wc", "-l", "myfile.txt",... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walnut
1 Replies

6. Programming

execl function at GDB

Hi, we would appreciate if any one answer the below query. void main() { printf(“ I am in main\n”); execl(“/HOME/source/file2”,” /HOME/source/file2”,1,0); printf(“after execl\n”); } How to step the file2 source code in GDB. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAMESHPRABUDASS
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

execl command

how to use find command in execl function, I used: execl("/usr/bin/find","find","~","-name","filename.c",0); but it shows find: ~ no file and directory i need to get the path of the file from the home .:wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahendravarma
2 Replies

8. Programming

When execl fails in C

when execl fails using the command lss, it doesnt go into the next line execl("/bin/sh", "/bin/sh", "-c", command, NULL); perror("execl failed"); exit(127); for some reason the child process just stops and also the parent process also stops so the line after the line that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
3 Replies

9. Programming

[C] execl and pipes?

Hi, I have two programs, one is named "Master" and the other one "slave". What I want to do is , when I execute Master, inside slave will be called by excecl, do some calculations, and send those to the master program... A little example of what I am failing to do: if ((PID1=fork())==0) { //... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamachejo
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Execl() command

Hi, If I write in a c file : execlp("date","date",NULL); printf("A\n"); And then run through the terminal would "A" be printed ? I understood that execlp will exit the program after it finished so the next lines of code won`t be executed afterwards.. Is that true ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uniran
1 Replies
gst-md5sum-0.8(1)						   User Commands						 gst-md5sum-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-md5sum-0.8, gst-md5sum - get an md5sum of a GStreamer pipeline through md5sink SYNOPSIS
gst-md5sum-0.8 [--verbose] [gst-std-options] [partial-pipeline-description] gst-md5sum [--verbose] [gst-std-options] [partial-pipeline-description] [--gst-list-mm] [--gst-mm=string] [--print] DESCRIPTION
gst-md5sum-0.8 generates MD5 checksums of the data generated by a GStreamer pipeline. In theory, both of the following commands should print out the same checksum: gst-md5sum-0.8 filesrc location=music.mp3 md5sum music.mp3 If the pipeline contains an md5sink element, gst-md5sum-0.8 queries it for the md5sum at the end of pipeline iteration. If the pipeline does not contain an md5sink element, gst-md5sum-0.8 automatically connects an md5sink to the right-hand side of the given pipeline. See gst-launch(1) or the GStreamer documentation for more information on how to create a partial-pipeline-description. gst-md5sum is a wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-md5sum-X.X. For example, if both gst-md5sum-0.7 and gst- md5sum-0.8 are installed on your system, gst-md5sum runs gst-md5sum-0.8. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-md5sum-0.8 and gst-md5sum: --verbose Output verbose information. You can also use -v to specify this option. gst-std-options Standard options available for use with most GStreamer applications. See gst-std-options(5) for more information. The following options are supported by gst-md5sum only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: partial-pipelinePartialppipeline description. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Running the Wrapper Script and Displaying the Command Name example% gst-md5sum --print /usr/bin/gst-md5sum-0.8 FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-md5sum-0.8 Executable for GNOME help browser /usr/bin/gst-md5sum Wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-md5sum-X.X ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-complete(1), gst-compprep(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-launch-ext(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst-typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3), gst-std-options(5) NOTES
Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://gstreamer.net/. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-md5sum-0.8(1)