Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: declare a variable in mysql
Top Forums Programming declare a variable in mysql Post 302286047 by amitranjansahu on Tuesday 10th of February 2009 08:22:26 AM
Old 02-10-2009
declare a variable in mysql

i have created a script to insert 100K rows into mysql db.

But the forst line where i declare the variable is giving error. I am new to mysql. Can anyone help me in this?

the script is

======================================
DECLARE
c INT(10) := 54;
BEGIN
WHILE c < 100 LOOP
insert into CLDB (COMPID, COMPONENT, COMPONENT_DATA) values(c,'A000000'.c,'C_Subscription');
commit;
c := c + 1;
END LOOP;
WHILE c < 1000 LOOP
insert into CLDB (COMPID, COMPONENT, COMPONENT_DATA) values(c,'A00000'.c,'C_Subscription');
commit;
END LOOP;
WHILE c < 10000 LOOP
insert into CLDB (COMPID, COMPONENT, COMPONENT_DATA) values(c,'A0000'.c,'C_Subscription');
commit;
END LOOP;
WHILE c < 100000 LOOP
insert into CLDB (COMPID, COMPONENT, COMPONENT_DATA) values(c,'A000'.c,'C_Subscription');
commit;
END LOOP;
WHILE c < 1000054 LOOP
insert into CLDB (COMPID, COMPONENT, COMPONENT_DATA) values(c,'A00'.c,'C_Subscription');
commit;
END LOOP;
END;
/
=================================================

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

declare number variable in csh

Hi frind, i="1" while do echo "i is $i" data_file=$HYP_ROOT/import/efcextr$i.txt echo "$data_file" i=`expr $i + 1` done This is woring finly in ksh but not in ksh. in ksh it showing error i=1: Command not found i: Undefined variable Kindly help me ...why it is showing the error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deep_kol
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to declare a variable in Cygwin

I recently installed Cygwin on my windows vista to practice on Linux\unix commands. I am unable to do a simple task of declaring variables on the command prompt I am trying: $ vech=Bus $ echo $vech bash: vech : command not found What am I missing? Do i need to add something to .bashrc? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erora
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

declare variable

hi to all, i am trying to declare a variable as an integer in unix shell script. i search the web for a way to do it but it doesnt work. i tried "define -i" and "declare" but that doesnt work. if somebody knows another way to declare a variable as integer please help me. thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to declare a variable which can be accessed globally

Hi I've few shell scripts which are responsible for triggering the continuous builds for a specific module. Each shell script is for a Module. Shell script has some module specific settings in the beginning and then it triggers the builds (which are nothing but some combination of Java programs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kgsrinivas
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a shell script variable in a mysql query using 'LIKE'

Hello. I am writing a simple script that reads a text file and removes records from a mysql database. The items in the text file are of the format: firstname.middle.lastXXX, where XXX is a 3 digit number. The table has an email field that will match the firstname.middle.last. So, I thought I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bricoleur
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Declare 5 values to one variable with OR operation

what I'm trying to do is ... need to drop tables w/ names like ABC_NY_2001 ABC_ORD_2001 ABC_TX_2001 ABC_CL_2001 For this, I want to write a query "DROP TABLE ABC_var_2001". now "var" should be either NY, ORD, TX or CL. I'm new to programming so don't know how to create a variable w/ OR... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsowji
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[CSH]legal to declare a variable like this

I am trying to declare a variable like this #!/bin/csh -f set c_arg = $a $b $c However, since i need it to declare before declaring $a ,$b or $c. As of now i am getting an error which says $a not defined. Is it possible to define a variable c_arg w/o interpreting the values $a $b $c (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to declare variable in perl

how can i declare variable in perl. for BLOCK in /sys/block/emcpow* (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting mysql column value in variable

Hello, i have the following code : somevariable=`mysql -u root --password="" databasename -e "select count(column_name) from table_name where id=1 and id_age=2 ; " --skip-column-names -s -N` if ] then .... It gives the message ")syntax error: invalid arithmetic operator (error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juve11
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Declare and grep a variable via ssh/remote/loop

If I am running a bash command, and some awk getting the ethernet adapter on the local machine. It works fine. But if I will run it from the remote, it is EMPTY on echo and throwing error in grep. Thank you This work perfectly fine $ f=`/sbin/ip a|grep 127.127 | awk '{print $NF }' ` ; ip... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies
Control(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      Control(3pm)

NAME
App::Control - Perl module for apachectl style control of another script or executable SYNOPSIS
use App::Control; my $ctl = App::Control->new( EXEC => $exec, ARGS => @args, PIDFILE => $pidfile, SLEEP => 1, VERBOSE => 1, ); my $pid = $ctl->pid; if ( $ctl->running ) { print "$pid is running "; } else { print "$pid is not running "; } # or alternatively ... print $ctl->status; $ctl->start; # or alternatively ... $ctl->cmd( 'start' ); $ctl->stop; $ctl->hup; $ctl->restart; DESCRIPTION
App::Control is a simple module to replicate the kind of functionality you get with apachectl to control apache, but for any script or exe- cutable. There is a very simple OO interface, where the constructor is used to specify the executable, command line arguments, and pidfile, and various methods (start, stop, etc.) are used to control the executable in the obvious way. The module is intended to be used in a simple wrapper control script. Currently the module does a fork and exec to start the executable, and sets the signal handler for SIGCHLD to 'IGNORE' to avoid zombie processes. CONSTRUCTOR
The constructor is called with a hash of options in the standard way. The options are as follows: EXEC Path to the executable to be controlled. This option is REQUIRED. ARGS Command line arguments for the executable. This option is OPTIONAL, but if set, should be an ARRAY reference. PIDFILE Path to the pidfile for the executable. This need not exists, but the constructor will die if it thinks it can't create it. If the path where the pidfile lives doesn't exist the constructor will try to create it. This option is REQUIRED. IGNOREFILE The ignore file allows you to temporarily disable the control functionality. Suppose you have a chkdaemon / crontab entry that restarts a service; specifying an IGNOREFILE means that you can disable this wihtout having to edit the relevant config files. CREATE_PIDFILE By default, App::Control depends on the application to manage the pid file. This is consistent will analogous utilities (apachectl, chk- daemon, etc.), but if you would like App::Control to create and remove pid files for you, then set this option to a true value. SLEEP Number of seconds to sleep before checking that the process has been started. If the start fails, the control script will loop with a SLEEP delay per iteration until it has (see <"LOOP">). Default is 1 second. head2 LOOP Number of times to loop before giving up on starting the process. VERBOSE If set to a true value, the module will output verbose messages to STDERR. METHODS
start Start the executable specified in the constructor. This method waits until it is convinced that the executable has started. It then writes the new pid to the pidfile. stop Stop the executable specified in the constructor. It assumes that the pid listed in the pidfile specified in the constructor is the process to kill. This method waits until it is convinced that the executable has stopped. hup Send a SIGHUP to the executable. restart Basically; stop if running, and then start. status Returns a status message along the lines of "$exec ($pid) is / is not running". cmd All of the above methods can also be invoked using cmd; i.e.: $ctl->start; is equivilent to: $ctl->cmd( 'start' ); give or take a call to AUTOLOAD! pid Returns the current value of the pid in the pidfile. running returns true if the pid in the pidfile is running. AUTHOR
Ave Wrigley <Ave.Wrigley@itn.co.uk> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2001 Ave Wrigley. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2003-08-27 Control(3pm)