Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mailx, why all my mail goes to mailq? Post 302285815 by timontt on Monday 9th of February 2009 05:19:53 PM
Old 02-09-2009
Have a check on maillog, see why the mail can't delivered... Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Specify Mail server in mailx

Dear All, I am using HP-UNIX. I want to specify host in mailx command line. A -> B I am in Server A. And run a mailx command line to send mail to abc@xyz.com. But Server A don't know where xyz.com is. It needs to send this mail to Server B to help him to send mail to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail or mailx attachment

I have used the forum to determine the format required to send attachments from hp-ux 11. the problem I have is that using mailx does not attach the file, but subsititing mailx for mail on the command line attaches the file but i'm not able to specify a subject? The attachment has been convert... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brettmartin99
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx commannd - Mail and Attachment in same mail

Hi , I am using mailx command for sending the mails. Rightnow I am sending the attachment (by using uuencode $filename) as a seperate mail.I wanna send the attachment also with the same mail. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recall a mail possible in mailx?

Hi, Is it possible to recall a mailx mail in HP-UX? Thanks in advance kanu_kanu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanu_kanu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending mail through mailx

while trying to send a mail, though the output file doesn't contain any exclamatory mark(!), i am getting that in the mail with an extra line. please help me out from this ASAP. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvamsikr
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to send mail through mailx

Hi, I am using solaris 5.9 OS and I am facing an issues with mailx. My SMTP port is configured to listen 6190 and not the default one which is 25. I can send mail to my inbox when i do it manually through the following steps root@<dbname> # telnet 15.12.88.10 6190 Trying 15.12.88.10...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srinathkiru
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail using mailx to CC only, not TO

Hi All, I am using mailx to send the mail. Due to some changes in the requirement, I need to send the mail to CC only (an Email id in CC), with no email ID in "TO" field. Can we do that? bcz I used -c flag only and got the message:":The flags you gave make no sense since you're not sending... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unankix
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Mail from mailx not received

Hi , I'm trying to send a mail from a sunOS machine that is within hp network to my email: eman.el-badawy@hp.com ,the user trying to send is 'project',,but seems the mail address can not be resolved checking /var/log/syslog i got the following: Dec 25 14:34:02 svddev15 sendmail: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eman_in_forum
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to send the mail using mail and mailx command

Hi All, I am trying to send a mail from linux server but could'nt able to send the mail. I tried the below syntax's so far but no luck. mail -s “Hello world” abc@xyz.com < /usr/g/txt.log cat "txt.log" | mailx -s "Hello world" abc@xyz.com mailx -s “Hello world” abc@xyz.com <... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Problems sending mail: Difference between Mail and Mailx?

Whats the difference between mail and mailx? I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem where I can send mail from server A with this `echo $MESSAGE | mail -s "$SUBJECT" -r $FROM $RECIPIENTS` command but executing the same command from server B throws me this error (Both servers are RHEL) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
1 Replies
mailq(1)						      General Commands Manual							  mailq(1)

NAME
mailq - Displays the contents of the mail queue SYNOPSIS
mailq [-v] DESCRIPTION
The mailq command displays a list of messages in the mail queue. The mailq command is the same as the sendmail command with the -bp option; see sendmail for more information. EXAMPLES
The mailq command lists the mail queue as shown in the following example: Mail Queue (1 request) --QID--- -Size- ---Q- Time------- --Sender/Recipient--- AA002508 3 Thu Dec 17 10:01 root The mailq -v command lists the mail queue as shown in the following example: Mail Queue (1 request) --QID--- -Size- -Priority- ---Q-Time---- -Sender/Recipient- AA002508 3 1005 Dec 17 10:01 root (Output might be formatted differently on your system.) The fields have the following meaning: Contains the message queue ID of the message. Contains the number of bytes in the body of the message (header information not included). Contains the priority of the message. Contains the date that the message entered the queue. Contains the user ID of the sender (first), and then the user ID of the receiver of the message. In this example, a message also indicates the status of the message. FILES
Contains the log file and temporary files associated with the messages in the mail queue. SEE ALSO
Commands: sendmail(8) mailq(1)