Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help needed in a Batch File
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed in a Batch File Post 302285355 by nhanda on Sunday 8th of February 2009 07:54:16 PM
Old 02-08-2009
Hi Guys,

Could some1 plz assist me in this as i need the issue resolved soon. Thanks a lot in advance Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

batch file

my requirment is i have to call a batch file from a c++ program that batch file is called with the argument as print.txt print.txt is a text file which should get printed on printer (any printer) when a batch file call is made 1) how to call a batch file in c++ 2) how to print the text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramneek
1 Replies

2. Programming

batch file

what is a command to call a batch file from a c++ program when called with the argument which is a text file, then how to print that text file on a printer. please help me with code if possible (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramneek
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet in batch file

hi how can i connect to a telnet session using the unix script... need to create a batch file which has to run daily. first it has to telnet to a IP then execute certain commands and log the session. thanks Aemu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Batch file question

EDIT: Is this wrong thread? Hi I am on an Apple Mac and I am trying to run this batch file on my Mac and was wondering if anyone could tell me what a script that will make this run and work on my Mac. I was hoping that you could tell me the script in the shell format? So here's the batch... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Billy5555100
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Batch File Help Needed

I have access to a large unix parallel computing cluster. To submit jobs I simply run a script called "submit" followed by options relevant to that particular job. Very simple and easy, "submit" can be run from any directory. I am trying to make a batch file that automatically runs "submit"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpabrego
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch file to remove double quotes from a file

Hi I have to create a windows batch file which will read an input file and remove "double quotes" from each line of the file. For eg.If input file name is abcd.csv and contents is : "asasd,123123,213213,asd" "esfrf,dsfsdf,234324,sdfsdf" Then the batch file should remove "" from the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

batch file

Hi all I am using tru64 Unix and I want a ready batch file which makes me to change all user passwords at the same time ,instead of changing everyone separately. Please could anyone help me to do that. bye. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedbashir
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Batch file and perl

I have created a windows batch file to run a bash with perl commands in it: @echo off C: chdir C:\cygwin\bin\ bash --login -c "./windows_annovar.pl" exit 0 In the pl file attached the menu opens and the user makes a selection and cygwin closes. There are error messages on the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
15 Replies
IDMAP_AD(8)                                                 System Administration tools                                                IDMAP_AD(8)

NAME
idmap_ad - Samba's idmap_ad Backend for Winbind DESCRIPTION
The idmap_ad plugin provides a way for Winbind to read id mappings from an AD server that uses RFC2307/SFU schema extensions. This module implements only the "idmap" API, and is READONLY. Mappings must be provided in advance by the administrator by adding the posixAccount/posixGroup classes and relative attribute/value pairs to the user and group objects in the AD. IDMAP OPTIONS
range = low - high Defines the available matching UID and GID range for which the backend is authoritative. Note that the range acts as a filter. If specified any UID or GID stored in AD that fall outside the range is ignored and the corresponding map is discarded. It is intended as a way to avoid accidental UID/GID overlaps between local and remotely defined IDs. schema_mode = <rfc2307 | sfu > Defines the schema that idmap_ad should use when querying Active Directory regarding user and group information. This can be either the RFC2307 schema support included in Windows 2003 R2 or the Service for Unix (SFU) schema. EXAMPLES
The following example shows how to retrieve idmappings from our principal and trusted AD domains. If trusted domains are present id conflicts must be resolved beforehand, there is no guarantee on the order conflicting mappings would be resolved at this point. This example also shows how to leave a small non conflicting range for local id allocation that may be used in internal backends like BUILTIN. [global] idmap backend = tdb idmap uid = 1000000-1999999 idmap gid = 1000000-1999999 idmap config CORP : backend = ad idmap config CORP : range = 1000-999999 AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 IDMAP_AD(8)