Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: zfs and flash archives
Operating Systems Solaris zfs and flash archives Post 302285247 by houston on Sunday 8th of February 2009 03:13:48 AM
Old 02-08-2009
If you are using sunWjet package then you might have to include zfs module in your template.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Jumpstart and Flash Archives

Ladies and Gentlemen: I am short on time and need to get up to speed fast on the use of flash archives. I am very familiar with Jumpstart and have used it successfully for the past 5 years. The current project I am working on requires optimization of time and speed when deploying systems which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rambo15
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Jumpstart and Flash Archives

Ladies and Gentlemen: I am short on time and need to get up to speed fast on the use of flash archives. I am very familiar with Jumpstart and have used it successfully for the past 5 years. The current project I am working on requires optimization of time and speed when deploying systems which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rambo15
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

flash archives

HI, are you supposed to run flarcreate in multi user mode? or should you do it in single user? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. Solaris

bootable X86 dvd and flash archives

I have created a bootable DVD for X86 using a flash archive, the problem is that I have to specify the location at the beginning of the install. I have edited the any_machine profile under ./jumpstart_sample to contain the following install_type flash_install archive_location ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
4 Replies

5. Solaris

ZFS root + Flash archive in update7

Has ZFS root is being supported in flash archive in the recently released update 7 .. i read a specific patch has been released for this , can anyone let me know that , and have anybody tested it if its working fine or not ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Flash Archives - A little bit of help :-)

Hi all Okay, I know how to make flash archives, and I even know how to split them and extract files. But, Ive never used one to restore an OS drive and I might have to. Ive search around google, and seen different ideas / ways, but havent really come to a definate answer. So, lets... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
3 Replies

7. Solaris

zfs root flash archive issue

I have created a flash archive from a Ldom on T5220 with zfs root solaris 10_u8. But after creation of flar the info shows the content_architectures=sun4c,sun4d,sun4m,sun4u,sun4us,sun4s but not sun4v due to which i 'm unable to install this flash archive on another Ldom on the same host. Is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Flash Archive Jumpstart with multiple ZFS Pools

Hi, I'm trying to get a Flash Archive Jumpstart Running with ZFS Filesystem. For Testing I set up a VirtualBox VM with 2 Disks attached. On the first disk I have the ZFS root pool, on the second Disk I have some more ZFS Pools which I use for 2 additional Zones I've set up. Restoring works fine if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NoelzeN
1 Replies
sharefs(7FS)							   File Systems 						      sharefs(7FS)

NAME
sharefs - Kernel sharetab filesystem DESCRIPTION
The sharefs filesystem describes the state of all shares currently loaded by the kernel. It is mounted during boot time as a read-only file at /etc/dfs/sharetab. Filesystem contents are dynamic and reflect the current set of shares in the system. File contents are described in sharetab(4). File contents can be modified as a result of share(1M), sharectl(1M), sharemgr(1M) and changing properties of a zfs(1M) data set. The module may not be unloaded dynamically by the kernel. FILES
/etc/dfs/sharetab System record of shared file systems. SEE ALSO
share(1M), sharectl(1M), sharemgr(1M), zfs(1M), sharetab(4) SunOS 5.11 31 Oct 2007 sharefs(7FS)