Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: zfs and flash archives
Operating Systems Solaris zfs and flash archives Post 302285208 by incredible on Saturday 7th of February 2009 10:48:35 PM
Old 02-07-2009
You can create a flash archive from a system that is using ZFS, as a flash archive is just an archive of the data on the system, using cpio or pax. However, until the install software can create ZFS file systems, you cannot restore that flash archive and have an identical system

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Jumpstart and Flash Archives

Ladies and Gentlemen: I am short on time and need to get up to speed fast on the use of flash archives. I am very familiar with Jumpstart and have used it successfully for the past 5 years. The current project I am working on requires optimization of time and speed when deploying systems which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rambo15
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Jumpstart and Flash Archives

Ladies and Gentlemen: I am short on time and need to get up to speed fast on the use of flash archives. I am very familiar with Jumpstart and have used it successfully for the past 5 years. The current project I am working on requires optimization of time and speed when deploying systems which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rambo15
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

flash archives

HI, are you supposed to run flarcreate in multi user mode? or should you do it in single user? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. Solaris

bootable X86 dvd and flash archives

I have created a bootable DVD for X86 using a flash archive, the problem is that I have to specify the location at the beginning of the install. I have edited the any_machine profile under ./jumpstart_sample to contain the following install_type flash_install archive_location ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
4 Replies

5. Solaris

ZFS root + Flash archive in update7

Has ZFS root is being supported in flash archive in the recently released update 7 .. i read a specific patch has been released for this , can anyone let me know that , and have anybody tested it if its working fine or not ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Flash Archives - A little bit of help :-)

Hi all Okay, I know how to make flash archives, and I even know how to split them and extract files. But, Ive never used one to restore an OS drive and I might have to. Ive search around google, and seen different ideas / ways, but havent really come to a definate answer. So, lets... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
3 Replies

7. Solaris

zfs root flash archive issue

I have created a flash archive from a Ldom on T5220 with zfs root solaris 10_u8. But after creation of flar the info shows the content_architectures=sun4c,sun4d,sun4m,sun4u,sun4us,sun4s but not sun4v due to which i 'm unable to install this flash archive on another Ldom on the same host. Is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Flash Archive Jumpstart with multiple ZFS Pools

Hi, I'm trying to get a Flash Archive Jumpstart Running with ZFS Filesystem. For Testing I set up a VirtualBox VM with 2 Disks attached. On the first disk I have the ZFS root pool, on the second Disk I have some more ZFS Pools which I use for 2 additional Zones I've set up. Restoring works fine if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NoelzeN
1 Replies
GRUB-FSTEST(3)						     Library Functions Manual						    GRUB-FSTEST(3)

NAME
grub-fstest -- Debug tool for GRUB's filesystem driver. SYNOPSIS
grub-fstest [-c | --diskcount=NUM] [-C | --crypto] [-d | --debug=STRING] [-K | --zfs-key=FILE|prompt] [-n | --length=NUM] [-r | --root=DEVICE_NAME] [-s | --skip=NUM] [-u | --uncompress] [-v | --verbose] IMAGE_PATH <blocklist FILE | cat FILE | cmp FILE LOCAL | cp FILE LOCAL | crc FILE | hex FILE | ls PATH | xnu_uuid DEVICE> DESCRIPTION
grub-fstest is a tool for testing GRUB's filesystem drivers. You should not normally need to run this program. OPTIONS
--diskcount=NUM Specify the number of input files. --crypto Mount cryptographic devices. --debug=STRING Set debug environment variable. --zfs-key=FILE|prompt Load ZFS cryptographic key. --length=NUM Handle NUM bytes in output file. --root=DEVICE_NAME Set root device. --skip=NUM Skip NUM bytes from output file. --uncompress Uncompress data. --verbose Print verbose messages. COMMANDS
blocklist FILE Display block list of FILE. cat FILE Display FILE on standard output. cmp FILE LOCAL Compare FILE with local file LOCAL. cp FILE LOCAL Copy FILE to local file LOCAL. crc FILE Display the CRC-32 checksum of FILE. hex FILE Display contents of FILE in hexidecimal. ls PATH List files at PATH. xnu_uuid DEVICE Display the XNU UUID of DEVICE. SEE ALSO
info grub Wed Feb 26 2014 GRUB-FSTEST(3)