Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script fro profile
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script fro profile Post 302285200 by aboorkuma on Saturday 7th of February 2009 07:50:58 PM
Old 02-07-2009
pls update , if anyone come across this issue
rds

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

profile script command syntax

Following is my /etc/profile script. Everything above the asterisks executes as expected. Nothing below the asterisks executes as I would like it to. Any guidance on what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated :-) #ident "@(#)profile 1.18 98/10/03 SMI" /* SVr4.0 1.3 */ # The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mufasa
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes

hi , i added ls -F to .profile. and i need to do ./.profile for the effect to take effect BUT i didnt and YET the next day when i came to work and log in, the changes took effect. i am on aix. please explain.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

profile script

case $LOGNAME in insp) sl=20 sa=`who | grep $LOGNAME | wc -l` if then echo "you will be disconected.allready 2 sessions opened!" sleep 4 exit fi ;; *) sl=1 sa=`who | grep $LOGNAME | wc -l` if then echo "you will be disconected.allready one session opened!" sleep 4 exit fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vascobrito
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating Profile from script

I am trying to figure a way to update an environmental variable in my .profile from script. I have a variable name CON_DIR in my .profile. I want to be able to update this variable directly via another unix script. Any ideas? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: artfuldodger
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing .profile from perl script

Hi, How can i execute .profile from a perl script I need this - i am trying to run perl script from crontab and it looses the environment variables Please provide help Your help is greatly appreciated Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prekida
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create new dir fro a file list

Hi, What will be the best way to do the follwing: i have a file calld dir.list /cav /cav/brif /usr/main /cat i want to run a script that will take each of the item in the file and create a new dir in a location that i'll choose it nee to do mkdir cav mkdir cav cd cav mkdir brif... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: banjo
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on .profile login script

Hey everyone, I'am a little new here and experincing Unix for the first time. I was wondering if somone could help me with this question i'am a bit stuck on Looking at the content of .profile login script The .profile file is in your login directory. It is a startup script file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: worldsoutro
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.profile script problem

I am using MacOSX, and I decided to change the way my terminal looks. So, I created a ~/.profile file that has only the line export PS1="\\u\ @ \\W \($0) \\$ \" ( '\u' displays the current user '\W' displays the Working dir and the weird numbers are colors) It works fine when I log in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TX0
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Profile.d script logs out

Hi, I included a command set -o vi & sudo -l user -c script in profile.d and /etc/profile. unfortunately the script has some command that logs me out every time I try to login from all users including root user. this is happening from GUI. can I login to prompt directly? or is there an... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script fro file check and load the trail file

Hi, Im going to use shell script for load the data into DB. First i need to read the trail file(csv file has two columns with comma separated ) like file name trail1024(last 4 digitsMMDD). In this trail file 27 entries will have like below,I need to read first csv file name and get the 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krajasekhar.v
1 Replies
PAM_ISSUE(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_ISSUE(8)

NAME
pam_issue - PAM module to add issue file to user prompt SYNOPSIS
pam_issue.so [noesc] [issue=issue-file-name] DESCRIPTION
pam_issue is a PAM module to prepend an issue file to the username prompt. It also by default parses escape codes in the issue file similar to some common getty's (using x format). Recognized escapes: d current day l name of this tty m machine architecture (uname -m) machine's network node hostname (uname -n) o domain name of this system release number of operating system (uname -r) current time s operating system name (uname -s) u number of users currently logged in U same as u except it is suffixed with "user" or "users" (eg. "1 user" or "10 users") v operating system version and build date (uname -v) OPTIONS
noesc Turns off escape code parsing. issue=issue-file-name The file to output if not using the default. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE The prompt was already changed. PAM_SERVICE_ERR A service module error occurred. PAM_SUCCESS The new prompt was set successfully. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to set the user specific issue at login: auth optional pam_issue.so issue=/etc/issue SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_issue was written by Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_ISSUE(8)