Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Wrap Plug Test
Operating Systems AIX Wrap Plug Test Post 302285083 by apra143 on Saturday 7th of February 2009 02:54:46 AM
Old 02-07-2009
Part Number.................03N6441

# lsmcode -A
fcs0!df1000fa.190313
fcs1!df1000fa.190313

Code:
# lsattr -El fcs0
bus_intr_lvl  311        Bus interrupt level                                False
bus_io_addr   0xdfc00    Bus I/O address                                    False
bus_mem_addr  0xe8040000 Bus memory address                                 False
init_link     al         INIT Link flags                                    True
intr_priority 3          Interrupt priority                                 False
lg_term_dma   0x800000   Long term DMA                                      True
max_xfer_size 0x100000   Maximum Transfer Size                              True
num_cmd_elems 200        Maximum number of COMMANDS to queue to the adapter True
pref_alpa     0x1        Preferred AL_PA                                    True
sw_fc_class   2          FC Class for Fabric                                True

# lsattr -El fscsi0
attach       switch       How this adapter is CONNECTED         False
dyntrk       no           Dynamic Tracking of FC Devices        True
fc_err_recov delayed_fail FC Fabric Event Error RECOVERY Policy True
scsi_id      0x770e13     Adapter SCSI ID                       False
sw_fc_class  3            FC Class for Fabric                   True

Appears the wrap test has resolved the issue (it might be the fact that the cable was simply pulled out then put back in). No config changes were done, no reboots, just wrap test. Path is back up.

I probably should've mentioned before ... this path went down when a power outage happened on the switch, however, the path should've come back up once switch came back online.

So series of events:

1. Power OFF to switch attached to fcs0.
2. Power ON to switch attached to fcs0.
<expected path to be back up, ran cfgmgr, chpath -l hdiskX -s enable -p fscsi0, pcmpath set device X path 0 online ... no luck bringing hdiskX's back online>
3. Switch ports and cabling checked - all OK.
4. Wrap test on fcs0
5. Everything back online.

The team/vendor that checked things on step 3 mentioned:
Many times I have seen that simply running the wrap test will reset the port and path may be alright after that.

Which turned out to be true in this case. Sounds like some AIX issue?

Anyway, all good now Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

word wrap in vi

I am using vi to edit shell scripts, but whenever I get to the end of the line it goes to the next line, and when I run the script it considers whatever was placed onthe next line a new command...I guess this has to do with word wrap- how do I continue to write on one line? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrap Interactive Script

Does anyone know of a program to wrap an interactive script into an application..I tried using platypus but i want a utility to allow interactive scripts to be run in a stand-alone window to avoid .profile settings on multiple computers...platypus provides the option of a text window output but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: meskue
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Word wrap with sed

Hi, I got some timetable in a file but it is all mixed up like this 01:00 hgrtwhrt #104:00 tyergethr05:00 tqqrthd qrth #107:00 qhtrhqerth10:00 qerthrthqr qtrqthr qthrrt11:00 thqrthqrthrr rthgreth #212:00 trhrthrth14:00 wrthwrtwrqrthwrthwr #2116:00 trqhthtr: rthrthr17:00 rtwhtrhwrth rthwrt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to wrap words in vi?

I just typed several long lines into vi but I only want it to have 80 columns. How can I set this in vi? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Word Wrap

When I cat a file that has several hundred characters in a line, the right hand side is truncated. How can I make everything displayed on my screen word wrap? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsimon
6 Replies
Padre::PluginManager(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Padre::PluginManager(3pm)

NAME
Padre::PluginManager - Padre plug-in manager DESCRIPTION
The "PluginManager" class contains logic for locating and loading Padre plug-ins, as well as providing part of the interface to plug-in writers. METHODS
"new" The constructor returns a new "Padre::PluginManager" object, but you should normally access it via the main Padre object: my $manager = Padre->ide->plugin_manager; First argument should be a Padre object. "parent" Stores a reference back to the parent IDE object. "plugin_dir" Returns the user plug-in directory (below the Padre configuration directory). This directory was added to the @INC module search path. "plugins" Returns a hash (reference) of plug-in names associated with a Padre::PluginHandle. This hash is only populated after "load_plugins()" was called. current Gets a Padre::Current context for the plugin manager. "main" A convenience method to get to the main window. "load_plugins" Scans for new plug-ins in the user plug-in directory, in @INC, and in .par files in the user plug-in directory. Loads any given module only once, i.e. does not refresh if the plug-in has changed while Padre was running. "reload_plugins" For all registered plug-ins, unload them if they were loaded and then reload them. "alert_new" The "alert_new" method is called by the main window post-initialisation and checks for new plug-ins. If any are found, it presents a message to the user. "failed" Returns the list of all plugins that the editor attempted to load but failed. Note that after a failed attempt, the plug-in is usually disabled in the configuration and not loaded again when the editor is restarted. "load_plugin" Given a plug-in name such as "Foo" (the part after "Padre::Plugin"), load the corresponding module, enable the plug-in and update the Plug- ins menu, etc. "unload_plugin" Given a plug-in name such as "Foo" (the part after "Padre::Plugin"), disable the plug-in, unload the corresponding module, and update the Plug-ins menu, etc. "reload_plugin" Reload a single plug-in whose name (without "Padre::Plugin::") is passed in as first argument. "reload_current_plugin" When developing a plug-in one usually edits the files belonging to the plug-in (The "Padre::Plugin::Wonder" itself or "Padre::Documents::Wonder" located in the same project as the plug-in itself. This call and the appropriate menu option should be able to load (or reload) that plug-in. "on_context_menu" Called by "Padre::Wx::Editor" when a context menu is about to be displayed. The method calls the context menu hooks in all plug-ins that have one for plug-in specific manipulation of the context menu. SEE ALSO
Padre, Padre::Config COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2008-2012 The Padre development team as listed in Padre.pm. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl 5 itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-27 Padre::PluginManager(3pm)