Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Using JumpStart to Install LDoms1.1 Post 302284940 by StarSol on Friday 6th of February 2009 03:12:42 PM
Old 02-06-2009
In the steps mentioned in the document under "Install Using JumpStart Software", here is what I am trying to understand:

Step 1: Where to get Solaris Security Toolkit package (SUNWjass) from? If it is patch 122608-07, then I could download it; I already did.

Steps 3 & 4: does it assume that I unzipped the patch?

Step 7: Where to get Logical Domains Manager package (SUNWldm.v) from? I did not find it as a patch or package? Do I have to get this from LDoms_Manager-1_1.zip which I use to do the manual install?

Note: I would like to install LDoms by JumpStart but do not want to Harden the System (like what is under "Install and Do Not Harden Your System"; and the command looks like # Install/install-ldm -d none). Can this be done with the JumpStart as well?

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun Sparc 20 Jumpstart install :(

Hello, I'm having all kinds of trouble jumpstarting some SS20's. After hunting around the newsgroups I find that this seems to be a fairly common problem with no real answer. Here's a brief: SS20, 50mhz, 256mb blah blah. - Client E250 blah blah - J/start server. 10/100bt Network.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsupplies
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Oracle 9i install: Error in invoking target install of makefile

I receive an error while installing Oracle 9i: Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk Furthermore: $ whoami oracle $ echo $ORACLE_HOME /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0 $ pwd /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib $ ll total... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris2005
5 Replies

3. Linux

install macbook pro fedora10 ???((<<if can install, how to install? >> ))

If may install can Tells everybody ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzBSD
0 Replies

4. Solaris

jumpstart install clusters

Hello, I'm trying to jumpstart a machine with Solaris 10, however the disks in my machine are only 18GB, but I want to have all the developer packages but none of the X windows stuff that can be quite large. Wondered if it was possible to somehow get a list of all packages and remove the ones... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Actuator
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Jumpstart with ZFS root install

Has anyone tried Jumpstart with installing a ZFS root pool? I have read the docs (Custom Jumpstart and Advanced Install Guide(doc:821-1911);Network-Based Installations(doc:821-1909)). My issue is that I get prompted for information each time I boot the client system. My goal is to get the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris jumpstart install server

I am attempting to install Solaris 10, on a SPARC platform, from a Solaris install server running under Oracle Virtual Box (x86 platform) solarisbox1 is server with IP 10.1.1.21 solarisbox2 is client with IP 10.1.1.60 Snoop gives me the following .. solarisbox1 -> (broadcast) ARP C who is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robs2015
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to install an JumpStart Server on Solaris 11.3?

Hey Guys, i'm trying to install and configure a jumpstart server on a solaris 11.3 x86 based system. I've already created the folders to install the server. I've tried to use the installation script as follow (i'm root on the system): ./setup_install_server /export/jumpstart Everything works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcusg562
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Issue with jumpstart install

I've followed a few guides and have what appears to be a working jumpstart server. I can PXE boot a bare system, it gets an IP and launches the installer. However, it takes me to the screen: SunOS Release 5.10 Version generic-147148-26 64 bit Copyright (c) 1983, 2013, Oracle and/or its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jnojr
1 Replies
RUBY-BUILD(1)															     RUBY-BUILD(1)

NAME
ruby-build - compile and install Rubies SYNOPSIS
ruby-build [-v|--verbose] [-k|--keep] definition prefix ruby-build --definitions ruby-build --version ruby-build [-h|--help] rbenv install [-k|--keep] definition DESCRIPTION
ruby-build provides a simple way to compile and install different versions of Ruby on UNIX-like systems. ruby-build downloads, builds and installs the Ruby version specified in a definition into a prefix directory. Definitions can be chosen from the list of installed definitions or by specifying a file path for a definition. rbenv(1) users can also use the provided rbenv install command, which installs Rubies into the rbenv directory. OPTIONS
--definitions List available definitions. -k, --keep Don't delete source code after installation. -v, --verbose Display compiler messages on standard output. --version Show ruby-build version and exit. -h, --help Show usage information and exit. EXAMPLES
Install Ruby 1.9.3 (MRI, patch level 0) to ~/rubies/mri-1.9.3 $ ruby-build 1.9.3-p0 ~/rubies/mri-1.9.3 Install Ruby Enterprise Edition 1.8.7 (patch level 2011.03) for rbenv(1): $ rbenv install ree-1.8.7-2011.03 Install Ruby from a custom definition into ~/your-ruby: $ rbenv install /path/to/your/own/ruby/definition ~/your-ruby ENVIRONMENT
CC Sets the path to the C compiler. CONFIGURE_OPTS Options that are passed to configure when building a Ruby. MAKE_OPTS Options that are passed to make when building a Ruby. MAKEOPTS Used instead of MAKE_OPTS when MAKE_OPTS is not defined. TMPDIR Sets the location where ruby-build stores temporary files. RUBY_BUILD_BUILD_PATH Sets the location in which sources are downloaded and built. AUTHORS
ruby-build is developed by Sam Stephenson <sam@37signals.com>. This man page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution by Sebastian Boehm <sebastian@sometimesfood.org> but may be used by others. SEE ALSO
rbenv(1) June 2012 RUBY-BUILD(1)