Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Isolating the Month in Perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Isolating the Month in Perl Post 302284907 by quirkasaurus on Friday 6th of February 2009 01:20:08 PM
Old 02-06-2009
just need a newline, i think:

Code:

$stimx = localtime($^T);

print ((split/ /,$stimx)[1]);
print "\n";

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script : Split given month into weeks

I want to split a given month into weeks. For example if I give the date in dd/mm/yy format say 01/02/08 it should give output in the given format : week1 : start date and end date. week2 : "" week3 : "" week4 : "" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: khushbu_roy
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Isolating a specified line - awk grep or somthing else?

I'm trying to isolate attached hard drives that auto-mount to /media so that I can use them as variables in a bash script... so far I'm here: variable=$(ls /media | grep -v cdrom ) This lists all the connected drives, each on it's own line and doesn't list anything I don't want (cdrom... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Starcast
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Isolating Stat Results

i'm trying to isolate the results from the stat command to just the file name and the size. I got as far as: stat *.jpg | grep Size How can I isolate the size and the file name? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvpike
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh

Hi folks month=`date +%m`gives current month Howto print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to counting a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month etc

Hello All, I am trying to come up with a shell script to count a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month and the month before. I need to produce this report and email it to customer. Any ideas would be appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnara2
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl : searching for month and storing the date and time in an array

I am writing the code in perl. I have an array in perl and each variable in the array contains the data in the below format Now I need to check the below variable w.r.t system month I need to store the date and time(Tue Aug 7 03:54:12 2012) from the below data into file if contains only 'Aug'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Isolating & Counting IP from log file

Dear Community, today my website was under attack for several hours. 2 specific IPs make a tons of "get requests" to a specific page and apache server goes up and down. Now the problem is solved because I put in firewall blacklist these IPs, but I took a lot of time to analyze the apache log to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add decimal month to some month in sql, php, perl, bash, sh?

Hello, i`m looking for some way to add to some date an partial number of months, for example to 2015y 02m 27d + 2,54m i need to write this script in php or bash or sh or mysql or perl in normal time o unix time i`m asking or there are any simple way to add partial number of month to some... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacarrdy
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need last month files after 10th of every month

Hi, I need all file names in a folder which has date >= 10th of last month, Example : files in folder AUTO_F1_20140610.TXT BUTO_F1_20140616.TXT CUTO_F1_20140603.TXT FA_AUTO_06012014.TXT LA_AUTO_06112014.TXT MA_AUTO_06212014.TXT ZA_AUTO_06232014.TXT Output: AUTO_F1_20140610.TXT... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Isolating a chunk of text using php

greetings, i'll start by stating; i am NOT looking for the EXACT syntax to my query but a simple yes or no of its possibility. and if you're feeling generous maybe the php function(s) that i'd use as a jump start. i could use bash but i really want to take a shot at doing this with php. the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
0 Replies
WC(1)                                                              User Commands                                                             WC(1)

NAME
wc - print newline, word, and byte counts for each file SYNOPSIS
wc [OPTION]... [FILE]... wc [OPTION]... --files0-from=F DESCRIPTION
Print newline, word, and byte counts for each FILE, and a total line if more than one FILE is specified. A word is a non-zero-length sequence of characters delimited by white space. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. The options below may be used to select which counts are printed, always in the following order: newline, word, character, byte, maximum line length. -c, --bytes print the byte counts -m, --chars print the character counts -l, --lines print the newline counts --files0-from=F read input from the files specified by NUL-terminated names in file F; If F is - then read names from standard input -L, --max-line-length print the maximum display width -w, --words print the word counts --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by Paul Rubin and David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report wc translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/wc> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) wc invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 WC(1)