Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to set stty row and columns of the terminal through C program Post 302284794 by Corona688 on Friday 6th of February 2009 10:38:30 AM
Old 02-06-2009
First off, once you use script, is the resulting environment even still a terminal?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Row to Columns

Hi, I have a file like this. 1,1,1,0,0,0 1,1,2,1,0,0 1,1,3,0,0,0 1,1,4,0,0,0 ........... ........... 1,1,24,0,0,0 1,1,25,0,0,0 1,1,26,1,0,0 1,1,27,0,0,0 1,2,1,0,0,0 1,2,2,0,0,0 1,2,3,0,0,0 1,2,4,0,0,0 1,2,5,1,0,0 1,2,6,1,0,0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
4 Replies

2. Programming

Send email for each row in a result set

I have SQL giving me output of disabled ids in the system every day. I can send on email for this disabled user list. But I want to send one email for every disabled user or for every row. thank you for your help. Kyle (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1a2m3
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to set background color in Unix terminal

Hi All, how do I set in .profile file Unix terminal background color = BLUE ? Please advice me. :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
2 Replies

4. Linux

Serial terminal emulation - bad row column count ?

Hello, I connect to linux using serial cable from windows machine. I use putty as serial terminal emulator. Everything works fine except programs which scroll text - man, more, less, vi, etc.. These programs asumme my terminal size is 80cols x 24rows (my putty window size is more than that,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help [[row and columns]]

i ask to do ,,program that convert the last row to be the first row ,,,and after that exchange the the columns ex,, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 to be 7 8 9 4 5 6 1 2 3 and then to be 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 give mee the code .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled1989kh
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help [[row and columns]]

i ask to do ,,program that convert the last row to be the first row ,,,and after that exchange the the columns ex,, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 to be 7 8 9 4 5 6 1 2 3 and then to be 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled1989kh
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Select 2 columns and transpose row by row

Hi, I have a tab-delimited file as follows: 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 a a b b c c d d 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 e e f f g g h h 9 9 10 10 11 11 12 12 i i j j k k l l 13 13 14 14 15 15 16 16 m m n n o o p p The output I need is: 1 1 a a 5 5 e e 9 9 i i 13... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvaishnav
5 Replies

8. Linux

Gnuplot terminal set to 'unknown'

I installed version 4.6.4 of gnuplot recently on my system running 10.04 ubuntu linux. I am getting error Terminal type set to 'unknown' Also when i try to set term X11 or wxt i get error Terminal type set to 'unknown' ^ unknown or ambiguous terminal... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ujjwal1982
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

STTY Columns Setting Environment Variable?

I am wondering about the following: stty columns 140 I have found that a number of times I need to set my display columns to a high number (such as 140) but I have to do this every time I login to use putty/ssh. Can we set this with an environmental variable so that it is permanent? Also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use stty columns 140 in .profile on ksh

Hi, I am trying to put stty columns 140 in .profile to set column width to 140 so I don't have to manully do it every time. My main goal is to avoid seeing "Terminal too wide" message whenever I try to use vi editor in full screen. I am on korn shell echo $SHELL /bin/ksh So even... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
8 Replies
UL(1)                                                       BSD General Commands Manual                                                      UL(1)

NAME
ul -- do underlining SYNOPSIS
ul [-i] [-t terminal] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
The ul utility reads the named files (or standard input if none are given) and translates occurrences of underscores to the sequence which indicates underlining for the terminal in use, as specified by the environment variable TERM. The file /etc/termcap is read to determine the appropriate sequences for underlining. If the terminal is incapable of underlining, but is capable of a standout mode then that is used instead. If the terminal can overstrike, or handles underlining automatically, ul degenerates to cat(1). If the terminal cannot underline, underlining is ignored. During the translation some other special characters also get translated. E.g. TAB gets expanded to spaces. The following options are available: -i Underlining is indicated by a separate line containing appropriate dashes '-'; this is useful when you want to look at the underlin- ing which is present in an nroff(1) output stream on a CRT-terminal. -t terminal Overrides the terminal type specified in the environment with terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE and TERM environment variables affect the execution of ul as described in environ(7). EXIT STATUS
The ul utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
colcrt(1), man(1), nroff(1) HISTORY
The ul command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The nroff(1) command usually outputs a series of backspaces and underlines intermixed with the text to indicate underlining. No attempt is made to optimize the backward motion. BSD August 4, 2004 BSD