Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to set stty row and columns of the terminal through C program Post 302284713 by saad26 on Friday 6th of February 2009 07:45:49 AM
Old 02-06-2009
How to set stty row and columns of the terminal through C program

Hi,

I'm have a big problem with one of the C programs that I'm developping.
actually, I'm trying to monitor the users' session in solaris.
therefore, I have used the source code of the unix "script" command. but the problem is that, when i run that program, the stty settings are lost:
speed 38400 baud; -parity
erase = ^h; swtch = <undef>;
brkint -inpck -istrip icrnl -ixany imaxbel onlcr tab3
echo echoe echok echoctl echoke iexten
However, before executing it, it was like this:
speed 38400 baud; -parity
rows = 50; columns = 132; ypixels = 0; xpixels = 0;
erase = ^h; swtch = <undef>;
brkint -inpck -istrip icrnl -ixany imaxbel onlcr tab3
echo echoe echok echoctl echoke iexten

This is actually resulting in having problems while trying to edit any file with VI editor or view it with the "less" command...
so, can anyone help me on how to get set the rows and columns size from inside the C program?
thank you in advance.
Regards,
Saad

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Row to Columns

Hi, I have a file like this. 1,1,1,0,0,0 1,1,2,1,0,0 1,1,3,0,0,0 1,1,4,0,0,0 ........... ........... 1,1,24,0,0,0 1,1,25,0,0,0 1,1,26,1,0,0 1,1,27,0,0,0 1,2,1,0,0,0 1,2,2,0,0,0 1,2,3,0,0,0 1,2,4,0,0,0 1,2,5,1,0,0 1,2,6,1,0,0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
4 Replies

2. Programming

Send email for each row in a result set

I have SQL giving me output of disabled ids in the system every day. I can send on email for this disabled user list. But I want to send one email for every disabled user or for every row. thank you for your help. Kyle (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1a2m3
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to set background color in Unix terminal

Hi All, how do I set in .profile file Unix terminal background color = BLUE ? Please advice me. :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
2 Replies

4. Linux

Serial terminal emulation - bad row column count ?

Hello, I connect to linux using serial cable from windows machine. I use putty as serial terminal emulator. Everything works fine except programs which scroll text - man, more, less, vi, etc.. These programs asumme my terminal size is 80cols x 24rows (my putty window size is more than that,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help [[row and columns]]

i ask to do ,,program that convert the last row to be the first row ,,,and after that exchange the the columns ex,, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 to be 7 8 9 4 5 6 1 2 3 and then to be 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 give mee the code .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled1989kh
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help [[row and columns]]

i ask to do ,,program that convert the last row to be the first row ,,,and after that exchange the the columns ex,, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 to be 7 8 9 4 5 6 1 2 3 and then to be 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled1989kh
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Select 2 columns and transpose row by row

Hi, I have a tab-delimited file as follows: 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 a a b b c c d d 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 e e f f g g h h 9 9 10 10 11 11 12 12 i i j j k k l l 13 13 14 14 15 15 16 16 m m n n o o p p The output I need is: 1 1 a a 5 5 e e 9 9 i i 13... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvaishnav
5 Replies

8. Linux

Gnuplot terminal set to 'unknown'

I installed version 4.6.4 of gnuplot recently on my system running 10.04 ubuntu linux. I am getting error Terminal type set to 'unknown' Also when i try to set term X11 or wxt i get error Terminal type set to 'unknown' ^ unknown or ambiguous terminal... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ujjwal1982
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

STTY Columns Setting Environment Variable?

I am wondering about the following: stty columns 140 I have found that a number of times I need to set my display columns to a high number (such as 140) but I have to do this every time I login to use putty/ssh. Can we set this with an environmental variable so that it is permanent? Also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use stty columns 140 in .profile on ksh

Hi, I am trying to put stty columns 140 in .profile to set column width to 140 so I don't have to manully do it every time. My main goal is to avoid seeing "Terminal too wide" message whenever I try to use vi editor in full screen. I am on korn shell echo $SHELL /bin/ksh So even... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
8 Replies
dbus-monitor(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   dbus-monitor(1)

NAME
dbus-monitor - debug probe to print message bus messages SYNOPSIS
dbus-monitor [--system | --session | --address ADDRESS] [--profile | --monitor] [watch expressions] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-monitor command is used to monitor messages going through a D-Bus message bus. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more information about the big picture. There are two well-known message buses: the systemwide message bus (installed on many systems as the "messagebus" service) and the per- user-login-session message bus (started each time a user logs in). The --system and --session options direct dbus-monitor to monitor the system or session buses respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor monitors the session bus. dbus-monitor has two different output modes, the 'classic'-style monitoring mode and profiling mode. The profiling format is a compact for- mat with a single line per message and microsecond-resolution timing information. The --profile and --monitor options select the profiling and monitoring output format respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor uses the monitoring output format. In order to get dbus-monitor to see the messages you are interested in, you should specify a set of watch expressions as you would expect to be passed to the dbus_bus_add_match function. The message bus configuration may keep dbus-monitor from seeing all messages, especially if you run the monitor as a non-root user. OPTIONS
--system Monitor the system message bus. --session Monitor the session message bus. (This is the default.) --address ADDRESS Monitor an arbitrary message bus given at ADDRESS. --profile Use the profiling output format. --monitor Use the monitoring output format. (This is the default.) EXAMPLE
Here is an example of using dbus-monitor to watch for the gnome typing monitor to say things dbus-monitor "type='signal',sender='org.gnome.TypingMonitor',interface='org.gnome.TypingMonitor'" AUTHOR
dbus-monitor was written by Philip Blundell. The profiling output mode was added by Olli Salli. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ dbus-monitor(1)