Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with makefile
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing help with makefile Post 302284552 by explorer on Thursday 5th of February 2009 08:58:50 PM
Old 02-05-2009
help with makefile

I am new to creating makefiles.

I have several fortran programs in a folder called as "test" and also have several subroutines in another folder (which is inside this test folder) called as libry

My makefile is in the folder "test"

I want to create a makefile which can access the files in test folder and also in libry folder to create a.out file.

please give me the suitable commands.
I tried the VPATH command, SOURCE_PATH command, ../test/lib
but none of these commands helped.

please help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

about the makefile

can anyone well explain how to create a makefile? especially those commands in the makefile? BTW, what is CFLAG? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ligerdave
2 Replies

2. Programming

Makefile help

Hi, What I want to do is for make to reconstruct the target even if its dependencies have not changed. So, even if if the dependent files do not have a more recent timestamp, the commands are executed. The reason I want to do this.. 1)someone executes make on solaris. We have a solaris... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tantric
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile problem - How to run module load in a Makefile

Hi, I'm trying to run the module load command in a Makefile and i'm getting the following error: make: module: command not found Why is this? Is there any way to run this command in a Makefile? NOTE: command - module load msjava/sunjdk/1.5.0 works fine outside of the Makefile (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernandinho
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile executing another Makefile first?

I have 2 libraries in 2 different directories that I build with Makefiles. library B depends on library A. If I modify a .cpp file in library A and run lib B's Makefile can I have B's makefile to automatically rebuild library A? I am now rebuilding A, followed by B... but I'd like B to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwuster
0 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Multi-Level Makefile (Extremely New at Makefile)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Basically, the prompt is make a makefile with various sub makefiles in their respective subdirectories. All code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tatl
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Makefile Help

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have been trying to make the program swap but i have been getting errors with the makefile such as driver.o:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgyeah
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with MakeFile

I'm really confused how to use a makefile. Are you supposed to be make a file from emacs called MakeFile and put code in there to compile? I am trying to create a makefile to compile two .cpp files in my current directory to produce two .o files and then link them... What I did was make a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jzhang172
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile

Dear all, I have a quite simple question about how to manipulate "makefile.am". I intend to: 1. "CFLAGS" and "CXXFLAGS" have no value at all. I know that these values get "-g -O2" by default. On the other hand, when I try to set them as "CFLAGS = " in "makefile.am", I get warning messages... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dandan
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MakeFile

Hey everybody, This may be stup*d question for you, but i am new in unix and i wonder how can i make the rules for translating and linking my .c "primjer1.c", "primjer2.c" and "primjer3.c" in makefile. Thank you. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jskako
7 Replies

10. Programming

Makefile for g++

Hi All, We have moved our OS from Sun Solaris to Linux and also some of the compilers. Our old makefile used to be as below: CC=cc FLAGS=-G -KPIC -DLG_SOLARIS_OS DEFINES=-DSunOS SYSLIBS=-lc .SUFFIXES : .c .c.o : ;$(CC) -c $(FLAGS) $(DEFINES) $*.c -o $*.o ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
3 Replies
folders(1mh)															      folders(1mh)

Name
       folders - list folders and contents

Syntax
       folders [ +folder ] [ msg ] [ options ]

Description
       The command displays the names of your folders and the number of messages that they each contain.

The  command displays a list of all the folders in your Mail directory.	The folders are sorted alphabetically, each on its own line.  This
       is illustrated in the following example:
	 Folder      # of messages (  range  ); cur  msg  (other files)
	   V2.3  has	3 messages (   1-   3).
	 adrian  has   20 messages (   1-  20); cur=   2.
	  brian  has   16 messages (   1-  16).
	  chris  has   12 messages (   1-  12).
	copylog  has  242 messages (   1- 242); cur= 225.
	  inbox+ has   73 messages (   1- 127); cur= 127.
	    int  has	4 messages (   1-   4); cur=   2  (others).
	   jack  has   17 messages (   1-  17); cur=  17.

TOTAL= 387 messages in 8 folders.
       The plus sign (+) after inbox indicates that it is the current folder.  The information about the folder includes the term (others).   This
       indicates  that the folder contains files which are not messages.  These files may be either sub-folders, or files that do not belong under
       the MH file naming scheme.

The command is identical to the effect of using the -all option to the command.

If you use with the +folder argument, it will display all the subfolders within the named folder.  as shown in the following example:
       % folders +test
       Folder		# of messages (  range	); cur	msg  (other files)
       test+ has	  18 messages (   1-  18);	     (others).
       test/testone has    1 message  (   1-   1).
       test/testtwo has   no messages.

TOTAL=   19 messages in 3 folders.
       See for more details of sub-folders.

Options
       -fast
       -nofast	 Lists only the name of folders, with no additional information.  This is faster because the folders need not be read.

-help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

-list
       -nolist	 Lists the contents of the folder-stack.  No +folder argument is allowed with this option.

-pack
       -nopack	 Re-numbers messages in the folders.  Messages are re-numbered sequentially, and any gaps  in  the  numbering  are  removed.   The
		 default operation is -nopack, which does not change the numbering in the folder.

-pop	 Discards  the	top of the folder-stack, after setting the current folder to that value.  No +folder argument is allowed with this
		 option.  This corresponds to the operation in the C-shell; see The -push and -pop options are mutually exclusive: the last occur-
		 rence of either one overrides any previous occurrence of the other.

-push	 Pushes  the  current  folder  onto  the  folder-stack, and makes the +folder argument into the current folder.  If +folder is not
		 given, the current folder and the top of the folder-stack are exchanged.  This corresponds to the operation in the  C-shell;  see
		 The  -push switch and the -pop switch are mutually exclusive: the last occurrence of either one overrides any previous occurrence
		 of the other.

-recurse
       -norecurse
		 Lists folders recursively.  Information on each folder is displayed, followed by information on any  sub-folders  which  it  con-
		 tains.

-total
       -nototal  Displays  only the total number of messages and folders in your Mail directory.  This option does not print any information about
		 individual folders.  It can be suppressed using the -nototal option.

The defaults for are:

+folder defaults to all
	      msg defaults to none
	      -nofast
	      -noheader
	      -nototal
	      -nopack
	      -norecurse

Restrictions
       MH does not allow you to have more than 100 folders at any level in your Mail directory.

Profile Components
       Path:		 To determine your MH directory
       Folder-Protect:	 To set protections when creating a new folder
       Folder-Stack:	 To determine the folder stack
       lsproc:		 Program to list the contents of a folder

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       csh(1), folder(1mh), refile(1mh), mhpath(1mh)

folders(1mh)