Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tcl question
Top Forums Programming Tcl question Post 302284343 by kunleoyafajo on Thursday 5th of February 2009 10:52:51 AM
Old 02-05-2009
Tcl question

Hello guys, please help me
I want to use TCl to move the lines with line number as odd number to a new file source_odd.txt, and move the lines with character 'a' to another file source_a.txt.

I also want to create a tcl function to list all the file names in a appointed directory.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

few TCL question

Hello I am a TCL beginer, so please answer accordingly here are my question: 1. variable scope I built a text widget and gave it a textvariable: cmd_entry, I I sent it to a procedure where I declare it as “global cmd_entry” and give it a value The problem is that in the main program... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: orid
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

TK/TCL Help

can someone tell my why the puts is not reflecting the variable? CUT --> set fp while {-1 != } { button .a${line} -text "${line} " -width 20 -command { puts $line } pack .a${line} } (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpuxrox
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Tcl...

Hello Tcl Experts, set i 0 while { $i < 10 } { puts "$i" incr i } I am trying to print the value of "i" at the same place. i.e. it should first print "1", then in next iteration print "2" over the location of "1" and so on.... (i.e. in every iteration, delete the previous number and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitgarg
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL, how to

Does any one know how to capture the output of command called from a TCL script? I cannot figure this out. I've been working on it for 4 hours now :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lorna
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need your help - tcl

Hello, Can someone explaine me the meaning of this program: #! /usr/bin/tclsh set mctal set a set b set c set d set e while {! line cell]} { } while {! line]} { } while {! line cell]} { } while {! line]} { } (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolecanard
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple question: Tcl button color

Hey, Can anyone tell me what is the default tcl button color is? I've already tried gray60/70/80/85/90/95. None are the same. Thanks, Phil. -----Post Update----- You can disregard this question, found the color in #E0DFE3 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phi01
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in tcl...

how can i make a list with the n last files and their details in tcl?.. thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eee
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on TCL regexp and match

Hello everyone, I'm new in tcl scripting. I'm currently studying a tcl script and came across this line: regexp {(\d+)(\S?)} $opts match opt swi According to my understanding, this line means to search in the opts variable for one or more digit, followed by a non-whitespace character... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mar85
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL - Question regarding Braces {}

Hello everyone, What is the difference between these two tcl commands: (A) --> puts "ERROR!!! ${current_name}/${opt} is not found." (B) --> puts "ERROR!!! $current_name/$opt is not found." Are the braces needed to be put? Or both A and B has the same output? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mar85
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on regexp in TCL

I need some help with regexp in tcl. The following code does work if the $urlvar ends in jpg,jpeg,png or gif. Eg, protocol(http/https)://testsite.com/images/image1.jpg if { ! } { //Do something } My problem is that if the URL does not end in these extensions this regexp is of no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ampak
1 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)