Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing string in all instances (both filenames and file contents) in a directory Post 302284295 by Franklin52 on Thursday 5th of February 2009 07:47:50 AM
Old 02-05-2009
To use the variables with awk:

Code:
new=1500
old=2000

awk -v n=$new o=$old '{awk '{f=$0;gsub(o,n);......}'

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing all instances of an IP address in a log file.

I know this should be simple but the periods in the string replacement are throwing me off. What I want to do is replace 1.1.1.1 in my access.log file with 2.2.2.2 I have tried using 'tr' but its being thrown off by the periods and replacing all sorts of stuff in the file. What do I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing contents in a file from multiple programmes

Hi All, I have a query on Perl. I have a text file which has 3 lines, i want to only replace the first line with my replaced text and keep the rest of the text. FOr eg Before change --> echo:a:pending echo:b:pending echo:c:pending After change ---> echo:a:done echo:b:pending... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tosatesh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing text with contents from another file

I'm trying to change the ramfs size in kernel .config automatically. I have a ramfs_size file generated with du -s cat ramfs_size 64512 I want to replace the linux .config's ramdisk size with the above value CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE=73728 Right now I'm doing something dumb like: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amoeba
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select only the most frequent instances of a variable string in a file?

I've got a web access file that I want to grep (or awk or perl or whatever will work!) out the most frequent instances of unique IP entries. Meaning the file looks something like this: I'd like to run a sort or grep (or whatever) that will only select out the lines from IP's that had the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevinmccallum
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command for copying the contents of other file replacing it another file on specifc pattern

We have 2 file XML files - FILE1.XML and FILE2.xml - we need copy the contents of FILE1.XML and replace in FILE2.xml pattern "<assignedAttributeList></assignedAttributeList>" FILE1.XML 1. <itemList> 2. <item type="Manufactured"> 3. <resourceCode>431048</resourceCode> 4. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balrajg
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing all instances in a file

Hi I have some script like this: perl -i -p0e 's/"keyword1-.*?"/"keyword2"/s' file to replace some keyword, but it replaces only the first instance of the keyword how can i get it to replace all instances? thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing a particular string in all files in folder and file contents

I need to replace all filesnames in a folder as well as its content from AK6 to AK11. Eg Folder has files AK6-Create.xml, AK6-system.py etc.. the files names as well as contents should be changes to AK9-Create.xml, AK9-system.py etc All files are xml and python scripts. ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Candid247
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get filenames in a directory and write them in to a file?

I need to get the names of files which are starting with a string testfile. Also i want to create a XML file in the same location and write these file names into the XML. Ex: <path> <dir> <file>testfile1</file> </dir> <dir> <file>testfile2</file> </dir>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

print all filenames in directory with path to another file

hi, i have a directory at /path/unix with the following files 1.txt 2.txt 3.txt 4.txt I want to make another file called filenames.txt at a different location called /path/home. So, my output file would be /path/home/filenames.txt with contents /path/unix/1.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to take the filenames from a directory and store into a file??

hi, how can i take the file names from a directory and store only the filenames in the file. suppose i have a directory which contains the following files and subdirectories. $ ls -ltr total 16 -rw-rw-r-- 1 adm etc 4 Aug 6 20:37 s1.txt -rw-rw-r-- 1 adm etc 4 Aug 6 20:37 s2.txt... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
11 Replies
EditFiles(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    EditFiles(3pm)

NAME
Verilog::EditFiles - Split Verilog modules into separate files. SYNOPSIS
See splitmodule command. use Verilog::EditFiles; my $split = Verilog::EditFiles->new (outdir => "processed_rtl", translate_synthesis => 0, lint_header => undef, celldefine => 1, ); $split->read_and_split(glob("inbound_rtl/*.v")); $split->write_files(); $split->edit_file(filename=>"foo", cb => sub { return $_[0]; }); DESCRIPTION
Verilog::EditFiles provides a easy way to split library Verilog files that contain multiple modules into many files with one module per file. FUNCTIONS
new (...) Create a new Verilog::EditFiles object. Named parameters may be specified: celldefine If true, add "`celldefine" before every module statement. lint_command For the write_lint method, the name of the linter to use. Defaults to "vlint --brief". lint_header If defined, add the provided text before every module statement. Generally used to insert lint off pragmas. outdir Name of the directory to write the output modules to. Defaults to ".". program Name of the program to add to comments. Defaults to "Verilog::EditFiles". timescale_header If defined, add the provided text before every module statement. Generally set to the next needed to #include a timescale file. Use with timescale_removal. timescale_removal If set, remove any `timescales. translate_synthesis If 1, replace any synopsys translate on/offs with "`ifdef SYNTHESIS" and "`endif"s. If set to a string, use that string instead of "SYNTHESIS". v_suffix The suffix to add to convert a module name into a filename. Defaults to ".v". verbose If true, print what files are being read and written. $self->read_and_split ([filenames]) Read from the specified filenames. If there is no module statement in the file, assume it is a include file, and when write_files is called, place all of the file contents into the output. If there is a module statement, when write_files is called place all following output into a file named based on the module, with .v added. $self->write_files() Write all of the files created by read_and_split to the outdir. $self->write_lint([filename=>...]) Create a shell script that will lint every file created by write_files. If a "filename" parameter is not provided, "0LINT.sh" will be written in the default outdir. $self->edit_file(filename=>..., cb=>sub{...}) Read a file, edit it with the provided callback, and save it if it has changed. The "filename" parameter is the filename to read. The "write_filename" parameter is the filename to write, defaulting to the same name as the filename to read. The "cb" parameter is a reference to a callback which takes the string of file contents and returns the string to write back. Often the callback will simply perform a search and replace. DISTRIBUTION
Verilog-Perl is part of the <http://www.veripool.org/> free Verilog EDA software tool suite. The latest version is available from CPAN and from http://www.veripool.org/verilog-perl <http://www.veripool.org/verilog-perl>. Copyright 2006-2012 by Wilson Snyder. This package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 3 or the Perl Artistic License Version 2.0. AUTHORS
Wilson Snyder <wsnyder@wsnyder.org> SEE ALSO
Verilog-Perl perl v5.14.2 2012-05-04 EditFiles(3pm)