Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SCO 5.0.7 Cron creates files with 600, need 644 Post 302283513 by 65bit on Tuesday 3rd of February 2009 12:01:05 PM
Old 02-03-2009
Thanks, I'll give that a try

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

gVim creates and leaves strange tilde ~ files in Windows

Hey folks, I have used gVim in Windows for many years but I have never found an answer to a very simple question I am going to ask you guys... My question is if there is a way to eliminate the creation of those ~ files that gVim creates in Windows. If you have ever used gVim in Windows you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghbarratt
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

write script for more then 600 files

Hi, i have 600 or more file on my server and from this 600 files i want to make one file. i have written this script SPATH=/etlstg/DAT TPATH=/etlstg/DAT/DAT_PROCESSED FILE_DATE=`TZ=CST+24 date +20%y%m%d` a1=0 while do a2=0 while do a3=0 while ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

naming files that csplit creates

Hi, This is my first time on this forum.. I searched the previous answers, but didn't find the answer I was looking for at first glance. csplit works beautifully for me, except for one thing. My file looks like this: ad|name1|asdf...(several pages)..asdf ... ad|name2|asdf...(several... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: juliette salexa
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Allow user without dir write permission to execute a script that creates files

In our project we have several unix scripts that trigger different processes. These scripts write logs to a particular folder 'sesslogs', create output data files in a separate directory called 'datafiles' etc. Usually L1 support team re-run these scripts . We donot want L1 support team to have... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
14 Replies

5. AIX

How to create all files generated in a directory with 644 permissions?

Hi, We are using AIX machines. How to create all files generated in a directory with 644 permissions automatically. Regards, Suresh (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert creates multiple files

I want to crop an image and am using convert convert mountain.png -crop 3000x4500 +repage -format png mountain--cr.png The problem is that convert is creating 4 files mountain--cr-0.png mountain--cr-1.png mountain--cr-2.png mountain--cr-3.png The first is what I need, the other... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kangol
10 Replies
Protocol::Connection(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Protocol::Connection(3pm)

NAME
X11::Protocol::Connection - Perl module abstract base class for X11 client to server connections SYNOPSIS
# In connection object module package X11::Protocol::Connection::CarrierPigeon; use X11::Protocol::Connection; @ISA = ('X11::Protocol::Connection'); sub open { ... } sub give { ... } sub get { ... } sub fh { ... } ... # In program $connection = X11::Protocol::Connection::CarrierPigeon ->open($host, $display_number); $x = X11::Protocol->new($connection); $connection->give($data); $reply = unpack("I", $connection->get(4)); use IO::Select; $sel = IO::select->new($connection->fh); if ($sel->can_read == $connection->fh) ... DESCRIPTION
This module is an abstract base class for the various X11::Protocol::Connection::* modules that provide connections to X servers for the X11::Protocol module. It provides stubs for the following methods: open $conn = X11::Protocol::Connection::Foo->open($host, $display_num) Open a connection to the specified display (numbered from 0) on the specified $host. give $conn->give($data) Send the given data to the server. Normally, this method is used only by the protocol module itself. get $data = $conn->get($n) Read $n bytes of data from the server. Normally, this method is used only by the protocol module itself. fh $filehandle = $conn->fh Return an object suitable for use as a filehandle. This is mainly useful for doing select() and other such system calls. AUTHOR
Stephen McCamant <SMCCAM@cpan.org>. SEE ALSO
perl(1), X11::Protocol, X11::Protocol::Connection::Socket, X11::Protocol::Connection::FileHandle, X11::Protocol::Connection::INETSocket, X11::Protocol::Connection::UNIXSocket, X11::Protocol::Connection::INETFH, X11::Protocol::Connection::UNIXFH. perl v5.14.2 2003-01-27 Protocol::Connection(3pm)