Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dos2unix
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting dos2unix Post 302283274 by cmaroju on Tuesday 3rd of February 2009 02:25:51 AM
Old 02-03-2009
dos2unix

hi,

need some urgent inputs.....

I have a folder, which has both files and directories as its contents.

I want to convert all the files (Excluding the directories) from dos to unix mode using the command 'dos2unix'.....

please can any one help me in providing the command to convert ONLY FILES from Dos2Unix but not the directories ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

any pitfalls to using $dos2unix function?

Greetings- are there any pitfalls/costs/etc to be aware of using the "$dos2unix <filename>" utility in Solaris 8? does it really work as simply as it's described / recommended in other threads ? We want to establish the procedure / develop a script or procedure to automatically strip out ^M... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsumers22texas
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Asking on dos2unix syntax

Hi, like to ask why when i tried to run my .sh file to convert maybe a text file using dos2unix -ascii ${DATAFILE5} ${DATAFILE5} i got an error saying : could not open /dev/kbd to get keyboard type US keyboard assumed could not get keyboard type US keyboard assumed Is it because we dun like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blueberry80
4 Replies

3. Linux

dos2unix permission problem

Hi All, I want to use the command "dos2unix" to format the file line break from win to unix, but after changing the file permission has been change to 600. how can i keep the original permisson after formatting? Many thz (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_wong_ch
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dos2unix equivalent in hpunix

hi, what is the dos2unix equivalent in hpunix ?? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding dos2unix command

Hi, Does anyone know, how to use dos2unix command for binary files? When i am using the command, the binary file gets converted to ASCII file. I want binary file to remain in the binary format. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwal
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

return value of dos2unix

if (my $temp2=$b2e_r->cmd(cmd=>"dos2unix $b2e_file_name")) Even if it fails as, Jul 25 17:17:02 dos2unix /volume/systest/hello_manoj.results dos2unix /volume/systest/hello_manoj.results dos2unix: converting file /volume/systest/hello_manoj.results to UNIX format ... Failed to open... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojn
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with dos2unix command

hi friends i am using the dos2unix command to remove the ^M characters coming at the end of each line , but i getting the folowing message: > dos2unix file.sql could not open /dev/kbd to get keyboard type US keyboard assumed could not get keyboard type US keyboard assumed ---------file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelmani
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dos2UNIX formatting problem

Hi, I was trying to dos2unix a file that has some special characters but dos2unix converted those into different format. I am working on sun server. I guess the default for dos2unix on sun server is ISO format . Can i change the format so that it does the conversion in UTF format? Because I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return for Dos2UNIX

Hi, I have to test to see if dos2unix is installed on the machine. Right now I am typing in dos2unix and hitting ctrl C. Is there a better workaround for this. If dos2unix is there is need to print the statement saying its there and vice versa. How can i accomplish this. thank you in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarreddy
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script exits when using UNIX2dos / dos2UNIX

I'm not sure why but my script quits automatically at the point where unix2dos / dos2unix command is used. :confused::confused::confused: How do a fix it? LOG_FILE=MADDY.txt unix2dos ${LOG_FILE} exec 2> $LOG_FILE 1>&2 echo ${LOG_FILE} The script exists after the below... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
3 Replies
ExtUtils::Command(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				    ExtUtils::Command(3pm)

NAME
ExtUtils::Command - utilities to replace common UNIX commands in Makefiles etc. SYNOPSIS
perl -MExtUtils::Command -e cat files... > destination perl -MExtUtils::Command -e mv source... destination perl -MExtUtils::Command -e cp source... destination perl -MExtUtils::Command -e touch files... perl -MExtUtils::Command -e rm_f files... perl -MExtUtils::Command -e rm_rf directories... perl -MExtUtils::Command -e mkpath directories... perl -MExtUtils::Command -e eqtime source destination perl -MExtUtils::Command -e test_f file perl -MExtUtils::Command -e test_d directory perl -MExtUtils::Command -e chmod mode files... ... DESCRIPTION
The module is used to replace common UNIX commands. In all cases the functions work from @ARGV rather than taking arguments. This makes them easier to deal with in Makefiles. Call them like this: perl -MExtUtils::Command -e some_command some files to work on and NOT like this: perl -MExtUtils::Command -e 'some_command qw(some files to work on)' For that use Shell::Command. Filenames with * and ? will be glob expanded. FUNCTIONS cat cat file ... Concatenates all files mentioned on command line to STDOUT. eqtime eqtime source destination Sets modified time of destination to that of source. rm_rf rm_rf files or directories ... Removes files and directories - recursively (even if readonly) rm_f rm_f file ... Removes files (even if readonly) touch touch file ... Makes files exist, with current timestamp mv mv source_file destination_file mv source_file source_file destination_dir Moves source to destination. Multiple sources are allowed if destination is an existing directory. Returns true if all moves succeeded, false otherwise. cp cp source_file destination_file cp source_file source_file destination_dir Copies sources to the destination. Multiple sources are allowed if destination is an existing directory. Returns true if all copies succeeded, false otherwise. chmod chmod mode files ... Sets UNIX like permissions 'mode' on all the files. e.g. 0666 mkpath mkpath directory ... Creates directories, including any parent directories. test_f test_f file Tests if a file exists. Exits with 0 if it does, 1 if it does not (ie. shell's idea of true and false). test_d test_d directory Tests if a directory exists. Exits with 0 if it does, 1 if it does not (ie. shell's idea of true and false). dos2unix dos2unix files or dirs ... Converts DOS and OS/2 linefeeds to Unix style recursively. SEE ALSO
Shell::Command which is these same functions but take arguments normally. AUTHOR
Nick Ing-Simmons "ni-s@cpan.org" Maintained by Michael G Schwern "schwern@pobox.com" within the ExtUtils-MakeMaker package and, as a separate CPAN package, by Randy Kobes "r.kobes@uwinnipeg.ca". perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 ExtUtils::Command(3pm)