Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Get files from sdlt tapes
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Get files from sdlt tapes Post 302283087 by otheus on Monday 2nd of February 2009 02:00:26 PM
Old 02-02-2009
Did you try blocksize of 0? This (I think) tells it to use variable blocksizing, which might be what your data is stored in.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

ignite tapes

can any1 tell me how to make ignite tapes for the HP-ux. this company said it was: "make_tape_recovery_A", but that don't work. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JBX
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tapes

is there a command to check unoccupied space on a tape ? AIX 3.2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tapes

:confused: Hello!! I am a new UNIX user, and I need to back up some files, I have some old ones and I have been trying to delete the old information with 'mt erase' but I don't be sure if it works, and 'mt resert' but the it gave a message suggesting me to use 'scsiha -r' (but the last one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scs
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problems with DLT7000 and SDLT

Hi, I think this issue should be posted in a backup box, but there wasn't . We have an issue that we made a backup on a DLT7000 tape using tar. Ones we check using : tar tvf /dev/rmt/0 It all works great on the same server. Now ejecting the tape and putting it into server 2 with an SDLT... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidg
0 Replies

5. Solaris

regd tanberg sdlt and sunfire v 880

Hii alll Thanks for the support, iam facing a problem regarding tanberg sdlt . iam trying to connect tanberg sdlt 160 to sun fire 880 r .As SUN FIRE DOSENT HAVE SCSI CONTROLLER IAM CONNECTING A ULTRA 2 SCSI CONTROLLER IN PCI SLOT AND FROM THERE IAM CONNECTING THE TANBERG SDLT 160. MY FIRST... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

SDLT Drivers

Greetings I looking for the drivers for an sdlt tape drive for hp-ux 11.0. I think the drivers i need are stape and tape2 does anyone know where i can get them Thanks Alan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flipper_Al
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Help With Reading Partitioned Tapes

I have a bunch of 4 mm DDS tapes that have two partitions. I read them on my HP-UX 10.20 box by referencing the device files /dev/rmt/0m (partition 0) and /dev/rmt/0mp (partition 1). Unfortunately, my HP-UX box was lightning struck last week so now I'm trying to read these tapes using Unix Services... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhaverstick
2 Replies

8. Solaris

vxdump with more tapes

Hi Community, I've a V440 Sun Server with 2 device tape of 72GB. I have to backup a folder of 80 GB, so I have to use 2 tapes of 72GB (144 GB); If I use vxdump command which are the options that I have to use? When the first tape finishes does the system stop the backup? Please help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
1 Replies

9. AIX

Moving tapes

Hello, anybody out there that is using itdt to manage tape changes in a tape library. The help of itdt show a move subcommand but I can't get it to work. Env: AIX5.3 Dell PowerVault TL2000 tape library -> rmt1 Available 01-08-02 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP) # itdt says it finds the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: petervg
3 Replies
DUMPE2FS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       DUMPE2FS(8)

NAME
dumpe2fs - dump ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem information SYNOPSIS
dumpe2fs [ -bfhixV ] [ -o superblock=superblock ] [ -o blocksize=blocksize ] device DESCRIPTION
dumpe2fs prints the super block and blocks group information for the filesystem present on device. dumpe2fs is similar to Berkeley's dumpfs program for the BSD Fast File System. OPTIONS
-b print the blocks which are reserved as bad in the filesystem. -o superblock=superblock use the block superblock when examining the filesystem. This option is not usually needed except by a filesystem wizard who is examining the remains of a very badly corrupted filesystem. -o blocksize=blocksize use blocks of blocksize bytes when examining the filesystem. This option is not usually needed except by a filesystem wizard who is examining the remains of a very badly corrupted filesystem. -f force dumpe2fs to display a filesystem even though it may have some filesystem feature flags which dumpe2fs may not understand (and which can cause some of dumpe2fs's display to be suspect). -h only display the superblock information and not any of the block group descriptor detail information. -i display the filesystem data from an image file created by e2image, using device as the pathname to the image file. -x print the detailed group information block numbers in hexadecimal format -V print the version number of dumpe2fs and exit. BUGS
You need to know the physical filesystem structure to understand the output. AUTHOR
dumpe2fs was written by Remy Card <Remy.Card@linux.org>. It is currently being maintained by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@alum.mit.edu>. AVAILABILITY
dumpe2fs is part of the e2fsprogs package and is available from http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
e2fsck(8), mke2fs(8), tune2fs(8) E2fsprogs version 1.41.14 December 2010 DUMPE2FS(8)