Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? My 100th Post. 100x Thank you! Post 302282979 by angheloko on Monday 2nd of February 2009 09:56:25 AM
Old 02-02-2009
My 100th Post. 100x Thank you!

This is my 100th post! I want to thank UNIX.com for teaching me a lot. I joined here with no knowledge of UNIX at all. I've learned so many while lurking in the shadows of UNIX.com and I've learned a lot more while trying to help other people's problem.

So, to the forum and all its mods and members:

Code:
i=0; while (( i < 100 )); do echo 'Thank you!' ; (( i = i + 1 )); done

Code:
echo 'Thank you!' | sed 'p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p'

Code:
echo 'Thank you!' | awk '{while (i++<100) print $0}'

Code:
yes 'thank you!' | head -100

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Not able to post

I registed yesterday and still not able to post my question. what could be the reason? Pl reply. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ramshree
1 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

How to post?

Hi i am new to this forum, I sould'nt find the link to post anew topic. Please help me. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ygiriprashanth
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i need 100th occurance of a letter in file

Hi to all, I am looking a file in vi editor to get 100th occurance of a latter in that file. Can any one help me in this? Thanks Sathish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsathishmca
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Help with deleting post, apologies about the earlier post.

Apologies about the earlier post, i didnt realise, could i delete that post? I apologise again, SynGc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SynGc
1 Replies
IO::Socket::UNIX(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     IO::Socket::UNIX(3pm)

NAME
IO::Socket::UNIX - Object interface for AF_UNIX domain sockets SYNOPSIS
use IO::Socket::UNIX; DESCRIPTION
"IO::Socket::UNIX" provides an object interface to creating and using sockets in the AF_UNIX domain. It is built upon the IO::Socket interface and inherits all the methods defined by IO::Socket. CONSTRUCTOR
new ( [ARGS] ) Creates an "IO::Socket::UNIX" object, which is a reference to a newly created symbol (see the "Symbol" package). "new" optionally takes arguments, these arguments are in key-value pairs. In addition to the key-value pairs accepted by IO::Socket, "IO::Socket::UNIX" provides. Type Type of socket (eg SOCK_STREAM or SOCK_DGRAM) Local Path to local fifo Peer Path to peer fifo Listen Create a listen socket If the constructor is only passed a single argument, it is assumed to be a "Peer" specification. NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE As of VERSION 1.18 all IO::Socket objects have autoflush turned on by default. This was not the case with earlier releases. NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE METHODS
hostpath() Returns the pathname to the fifo at the local end peerpath() Returns the pathanme to the fifo at the peer end SEE ALSO
Socket, IO::Socket AUTHOR
Graham Barr. Currently maintained by the Perl Porters. Please report all bugs to <perlbug@perl.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1996-8 Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 IO::Socket::UNIX(3pm)