Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fetching paragraphs with SED
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting fetching paragraphs with SED Post 302282965 by ipat on Monday 2nd of February 2009 09:06:11 AM
Old 02-02-2009
fetching paragraphs with SED

hi,
i am a SED newbie and i need some help. i have a log file as shown below. and i want to search specific Error Code, and fetch the whole paragraph.

[2009-02-01 15:42:51,630] ...
[2009-02-01 16:52:51,683] ...
....ErrCode...
[2009-02-01 17:49:33,686] ...
[2009-02-01 17:59:00,000] ...
[2009-02-01 18:52:50,000] ...
....ErrCode...

let's say, i want to search "ErrCode" and it will show me that. how can i do this with SED :

[2009-02-02 16:52:51,683] ...
....ErrCode...
[2009-02-01 18:52:50,000] ...
....ErrCode...

thanks..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed to remove paragraphs with variables

Hi everyone, I have a file with multiple entries and I would like to remove the ones that contain either /A"> or /A/, where A can be any letter of the alphabet. Here's an example of the entries: <Topic r:id="Top/World/Fran"> <catid>476</catid> <link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BlueberryPickle
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to filter out some paragraphs in a file

Hi, I am trying to filter out those paragraphs that contains 'CONNECT', 'alter system switch logfile'. That means say the input file is : ------------------------------------------------------- Wed Jun 7 00:32:31 2006 ACTION : 'CONNECT' CLIENT USER: prdadm CLIENT TERMINAL: Wed Jun 7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnlhap
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting text records with sed (sed paragraphs)

Hi all, First off, Thank you all for the knowledge I have gleaned from this site! Deleting Records from a text file... sed paragraphs The following code works nearly perfect, however each time it is run on the log file it adds a newline at the head of the file, run it 5 times, it'll have 5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file separated into paragraphs or pages

hi, i have file, file is separated into parahgraphs by these line(----------). i want to find out logId = string : "AIALARM", in each parahgraph or page if found then i want to cut next five lines.... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract paragraphs under conditions

Hi all, I want to extract some paragraphs out of a file under certain conditions. - The paragraph must start with 'fmri' - The paragraph must contain the string 'restarter svc:/system/svc/restarter:default' My input is like that : fmri svc:/system/vxpbx:default state_time Wed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Armoric
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split text into paragraphs

Hi all! I want to make a code to split sentences into paragraphs maybe 4-5 sentences into one <p>text</p> there are no new lines in the text string any ideas with AWK, SSH? Thank you! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanantonio7777
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with sorting in paragraphs

I am very new to shell scripting, current try to do a sorting of a text file in paragraphs with ksh script. example: File content: A1100001 line 1 = "testing" line 2 = something, line 3 = 100 D1200003 line 1 = "testing" line 2 = something, line 3 = 100 B1200003 line 1 =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavin_L
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting paragraphs with fmt with rule

Hi, i know that i can format a whole file using fmt -w 78 file > file_new Now, i would like to implement a rule in the following way: - If a paragraph starts with % (and ends with %), the paragraph should remain unchanged. - Otherwise the command stated above should be applied to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnlocke85
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract paragraphs and count them

Hi, I have a text with a number of paragraphs in them. My problem is I need to locate certain errors/warning and extract/count them. Problem is I do not know how many paras are there with that particular type of error/warning. I had thought that somehow if I could count the number of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsid
25 Replies

10. Web Development

Center image between two text paragraphs.

I want to show a page with an image between 2 any paragraphs. I tried the following script. But the image is not centered. SUSE Paste <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <style> center.center_1 { margin: auto; width: 60%; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
MONGO(1)							  Mongo Database							  MONGO(1)

NAME
mongo - the Mongo command-line tool SYNOPSIS
mongo [OPTIONS] [DB_ADDRESS] [FILE+] DESCRIPTION
mongo is a JavaScript shell (with GNU readline capabilities). It supports interactive and non-interactive use. When used interactively, JavaScript can be used to query the database or perform any other function normally available with SpiderMonkey. Database output is dis- played in JSON format. If JavaScript files are specified on the command line, the shell will run non-interactively, running each one in sequence and then exiting. EXAMPLES
mongo start the shell, connecting to the server at localhost:27017 and using the test database mongo foo start the shell using the foo database at localhost:27017 mongo 192.169.0.5/foo start the shell using the foo database at 192.169.0.5:27017 mongo 192.169.0.5:9999/foo start the shell using the foo database at 192.169.0.5:9999 mongo script1.js script2.js script3.js run three scripts and exit OPTIONS
--shell run the shell after executing files --help show usage information --host HOST server to connect to (default HOST=localhost) --port PORT port to connect to (default PORT=27017) --nodb do not connect to mongod --eval SCRIPT evaluate JavaScript -u USERNAME specify user to log in as -pPASSWORD specify password of user (notice there is no space) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 10gen SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MongoDB wiki, available at http://www.mongodb.org. AUTHOR
Kristina Chodorow 10gen June 2009 MONGO(1)