Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IP Monitoring Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting IP Monitoring Script Post 302282856 by angheloko on Monday 2nd of February 2009 04:03:31 AM
Old 02-02-2009
Hope this helps:

Code:
cat ip.list | while read X; do

if [ `grep $X logfile.log | wc -l` -ge 3 ]; then
echo $X
fi

done

Last edited by angheloko; 02-02-2009 at 08:50 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring script

hi can someone help me to write a script to monitor the growth of the directory running at 5 hours interval and then pipe it to a file :(? i only know the manual command "du -sk" and the worst i dun know anything about script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

monitoring script

i have a unix batch written in c, dealing with really time-consuming database operations i want to write a ksh script to monitor its performance. which items i should monitor? do you have any suggestions? 1)cputime 2)swap area 3)pmem 4) 5) what else? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Monitoring Script

Hi, I want to write a script that will monitor cpu,mem usage and disk usage for entire day and data will be redirected to file, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archivelog monitoring Script

Could anyone please help? I have written a small program that's actually working fine for me and extracting all the details I required. What code does is, it goes to all archivelog directories and see if archivelog backup was failed or successful <<CODE>> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjum.suri
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Monitoring script

Hi Gurus, Currently I am learning UNIX through online forums and unix blogs. I have the below requirement. I need to write a script to monitor server processes. For example, there are 3 processes currently running on the server.(java, pmrepagent, pmserver). If any of the process goes down,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring script

Hi, I want to write script that monitors particular ports in a server. I completed the script but.... If the server is restarted i need manually start the script.. Is there any way i can make the script start by it self after the server reboot........ Thanks, Firestar (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

monitoring script

Hi, I ned to monitor the memory for the red-hat machine,when its reaches a threshold value like 2GB then a mail should be sent as soon as it finds the the value is met can you suggest me which is the best way to do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriniv666
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ldapsearch in monitoring script without bind password written in script

Hi I do a very simple monitoring of our OpenLDAP (runs in cronjob and generate alerts if unsuccessfull) $ ldapsearch -h hostname.domain -D "cn=monitor_user,ou=People,dc=organisation" -w "password" -b "dc=organisation" -x "(&(cn=monitor_user)(ou=People))" dn | grep -v version dn:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring Script

Hello All, I have written a script which will grep for error codes in a file and if the count for the same is about 500 it will send and smpp alert. Here is my code. #!/bin/bash #########################################################################################################... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a monitoring script

I currently have a shellscript to check the size of a filesystem and email me if the size is over a certain percentage (80%). I have this script on crontab and executes the shell every 10 mins. I have the above in place on 8 servers. It so happens that a file system on one of the servers is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goddevil
1 Replies
dbus-monitor(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   dbus-monitor(1)

NAME
dbus-monitor - debug probe to print message bus messages SYNOPSIS
dbus-monitor [--system | --session | --address ADDRESS] [--profile | --monitor] [watch expressions] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-monitor command is used to monitor messages going through a D-Bus message bus. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more information about the big picture. There are two well-known message buses: the systemwide message bus (installed on many systems as the "messagebus" service) and the per-user-login-session message bus (started each time a user logs in). The --system and --session options direct dbus-monitor to monitor the system or session buses respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor monitors the session bus. dbus-monitor has two different output modes, the 'classic'-style monitoring mode and profiling mode. The profiling format is a compact for- mat with a single line per message and microsecond-resolution timing information. The --profile and --monitor options select the profiling and monitoring output format respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor uses the monitoring output format. In order to get dbus-monitor to see the messages you are interested in, you should specify a set of watch expressions as you would expect to be passed to the dbus_bus_add_match function. The message bus configuration may keep dbus-monitor from seeing all messages, especially if you run the monitor as a non-root user. OPTIONS
--system Monitor the system message bus. --session Monitor the session message bus. (This is the default.) --address ADDRESS Monitor an arbitrary message bus given at ADDRESS. --profile Use the profiling output format. --monitor Use the monitoring output format. (This is the default.) EXAMPLE
Here is an example of using dbus-monitor to watch for the gnome typing monitor to say things dbus-monitor "type='signal',sender='org.gnome.TypingMonitor',interface='org.gnome.TypingMonitor'" AUTHOR
dbus-monitor was written by Philip Blundell. The profiling output mode was added by Olli Salli. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ dbus-monitor(1)