Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network performance problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Network performance problem Post 302282658 by cuatrodos on Sunday 1st of February 2009 08:57:39 AM
Old 02-01-2009
Network performance problem

I have a Teradata Machine, using MP-RAS Unix, with a 1000 Intel Ethernet card and a Cisco switch.

If I configure the ethernet card and the switch to auto, so they negotiate to 1000, or configure the ethernet card and switch manually to 1000Full or 100Full, the velocity is very very low.

Only works right If I configure then to 100Half manually.

Anybody know Why this happen and How can I fix It?

Thanks.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

performance problem

Hello, I have a mail server (sendmail) with SUNOS 5.5.1. Just recently it began to respond very slowly. I used vmstat to check the performance data. Only interupt, system call and CPU context swiching are relatively high. Other statistics are normal, especially CPU utilization are very... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: caoai
5 Replies

2. AIX

Network performance problem between AIX and SUN ethernet gigabit

I am posting this as an FYI. I burned a lot of time on digging for this solution. The problem was performance between newer AIX p series boxes and a sun 4500 with a fiber nic. I tried many misc. solutions but this turned out to fix the issue. My bandwidth benchmark went from around 20MB/sec to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chuckw
1 Replies

3. Linux

Wireless network card performance

I am running FC4: Linux maincomp 2.6.13-1.1532_FC4smp I recently changed the OS from windows XP, and have a feeling that for some reason my wireless network card is slower on Fedora Core 4. The Belkin PCI 802.11b card was automatically detected and configured by FC4 when I installed the OS,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Performance problem

Hi All, There is a virtual user "ecoouk" which logs on to the server and runs some scripts. I want to know how much server performance can I gain if I put off all the scripts run by this user. Please tell me how to analyse how much resources a specific user is using. Regards, Abhishek (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 11.1 Slow Network Performance

I have identical M5000 machines that are needing to transfer very large amounts of data between them. These are fully loaded machines, and I've already checked IO, memory usage, etc... I get poor network performance even when the machines are idle or copying via loopback. The 10 GB NICs are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
7 Replies

6. AIX

Network performance changes

Hi, Recently I've been doing some performance changes for inter-lpar configs and completing some testing. So far test have been successful and promising but only completed in a dev environment. Here is what I've done created a separated vlan for inter-lpar communications separate from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techy1
1 Replies
XIRC2PS_CS(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						     XIRC2PS_CS(4)

NAME
xirc2ps_cs - Xircom CE2ps (and newer) device driver SYNOPSIS
insmod xirc2ps_cs.o [pc_debug=n] [full_duplex=n] [irq_list=i,j,...] [if_port=n] [lockup_hack=n] DESCRIPTION
xirc2ps_cs is the low-level Card Services driver for the Xircom 16-bit PCMCIA ethernet adapters. When this driver is attached to a card, it allocates the next available ethernet device. PARAMETERS
pc_debug=n Selects the PCMCIA debugging level. This parameter is only available if the module is compiled with debugging enabled. A non-zero value enables debugging. if_port=n Selects the transceiver type, for some CE3B-100 cards that lack the ability to autonegotiate. For such cards, a value of 1 selects 10baseT, and 4 selects 100baseT. full_duplex=n Selects full duplex mode. The default is 0 (half duplex). irq_list=i,j,... Specifies the set of interrupts that may be allocated by this driver. lockup_hack=n Enables a hack to avoid lockups on some cards. Use this only if you really have lockup problems with your card. SEE ALSO
cardmgr(8), pcmcia(5). BUGS
Please report to <xircom-bugs@isil.d.shuttle.de> AUTHOR
Werner Koch <werner.koch@guug.de> 1.5 1998/09/15 12:40:59 XIRC2PS_CS(4)