Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers redirecting commands to new xterm Post 302282335 by sujith on Friday 30th of January 2009 03:11:12 PM
Old 01-30-2009
Thanks for the reply. It is not working. Just a new terminal is coming and it is getting closed automatically. Please advice

Thanks,Sujith

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm?

Hello all, This is a lame question because I have been working with unix for some years now, but anyway here it is; What is an xterm? ivo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ivo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

xterm help?

I want to add a title to this xterm window but cannot figure out how. Can anybody assist with this? xterm +sb -geom 80x25 -ls -tn xterms -tm "intr ^q" -name unikix -e $UNIKIX/bin/unikixl (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: douknownam
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm

hi I'm trying to launch admintool via an export DISPLAY. that is i am doing a rlogin to serverB from serverA. i did the command export DISPLAY=serverA:0 but it prompted me the error DISPLAY=serverA:0: is not an identifier i have searched the forum but there is not much things on this error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
3 Replies

4. Programming

code that reads commands from the standard i/p and executes the commands

Hello all, i've written a small piece of code that will read commands from standard input and executes the commands. Its working fine and is execting the commands well. Accepting arguments too. e.g #mkdir <name of the directory> The problem is that its not letting me change the directory i.e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phrozen Smoke
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

export script commands with xterm

I am attempting to write a shell script that runs a program which generates data and then runs another program to plot the data. The problem is that I need the plotting to take place in a different terminal window that stays open after the plotting has finished. I have experimented 'xterm -e '... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chris2051
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting command output as well as commands

I have a Bourne Shell script that is normally run as a background job and redirects it's output to a file internally (using exec >>); I use "set -x" to capture each command which provides me with a nice shell execution log if it all goes to pieces. I now also need to be able to also run this as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AncientCoder
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading UNIX commands from file and redirecting output to a file

Hi All I have written the following script: #!/bin/ksh while read cmdline do echo `$cmdline` pid="$cmdline" done<commands.txt =========== commands.txt contains: ps -ef | grep abc | grep xyz |awk '{print $2}; My objective is to store the o/p of the command in a variable and do... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulparo
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting the multiple commands output to single file

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and have a question. I would like to redirect the output of multple commands to single file, From what I read from the bash manpage and from some searching it seems it cannot be done within the shell except setting up a loop. Is it? I am running all clearcase... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saku
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute telnet commands thru xterm?

I want to launch an xterm telnet window: xterm -e telnet xxx.xxx.xx.xxx Which I can do but needs to also launch commands as well. Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shopgirl08
2 Replies
SCF_Session_close(3SMARTCARD)				    Smartcard Library Functions 			     SCF_Session_close(3SMARTCARD)

NAME
SCF_Session_close, SCF_Terminal_close, SCF_Card_close - close a smartcard session, terminal, or card SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lsmartcard [ library...] #include <smartcard/scf.h> SCF_Status_t SCF_Session_close(SCF_Session_t session); SCF_Status_t SCF_Terminal_close(SCF_Terminal_t terminal); SCF_Status_t SCF_Card_close(SCF_Card_t card); PARAMETERS
card An object that was returned from SCF_Terminal_getCard(3SMARTCARD) session An object that was returned from SCF_Session_getSession(3SMARTCARD) terminal An object that was returned from SCF_Session_getTerminal(3SMARTCARD) DESCRIPTION
These functions release the resources (memory, threads, and others) that were allocated within the library when the session, terminal, or card was opened. Any storage allocated by calls to SCF_Session_getInfo(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Terminal_getInfo(3SMARTCARD), or SCF_Card_get- Info(3SMARTCARD) is deallocated when the associated object is closed. Attempts to access results from these interfaces after the object has been closed results in undefined behavior. If a card that was locked by SCF_Card_lock(3SMARTCARD) is closed, the lock is automatically released. When a terminal is closed, any event listeners on that terminal object are removed and any cards that were obtained with the terminal are closed. Similarly, closing a session will close any terminals or cards obtained with that session. These are the only cases where the library will automatically perform a close. Once closed, a session, terminal, or card object can no longer be used by an SCF function. Any attempt to do so results in an SCF_STA- TUS_BADHANDLE error. The sole exception is that closing an object, even if already closed, is always a successful operation. RETURN VALUES
Closing a handle is always a successful operation that returns SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS. The library can safely detect handles that are invalid or already closed. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Close each object explicitly. SCF_Status_t status; SCF_Session_t mySession; SCF_Terminal_t myTerminal; SCF_Card_t myCard; status = SCF_Session_getSession(&mySession); if (status != SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS) exit(1); status = SCF_Session_getTerminal(mySession, NULL, &myTerminal); if (status != SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS) exit(1); status = SCF_Terminal_getCard(myTerminal, &myCard); if (status != SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS) exit(1); /* (Do interesting things with smartcard...) */ SCF_Card_close(myCard); SCF_Terminal_close(myTerminal); SCF_Session_close(mySession); Example 2: Allow the library to close objects. SCF_Status_t status; SCF_Session_t mySession; SCF_Terminal_t myTerminal; SCF_Card_t myCard; status = SCF_Session_getSession(&mySession); if (status != SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS) exit(1); status = SCF_Session_getTerminal(mySession, NULL, &myTerminal); if (status != SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS) exit(1); status = SCF_Terminal_getCard(myTerminal, &myCard); if (status != SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS) exit(1); /* (Do interesting things with smartcard...) */ SCF_Session_close(mySession); /* myTerminal and myCard have been closed by the library. */ ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libsmartcard(3LIB), SCF_Card_getInfo(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Card_lock(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Session_getInfo(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Session_getSes- sion(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Session_getTerminal(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Terminal_getCard(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Terminal_getInfo(3SMARTCARD), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 14 May 2002 SCF_Session_close(3SMARTCARD)