Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ignore "a line" within /etc/profile only when su'ing Post 302282292 by just4fundoit on Friday 30th of January 2009 01:08:40 PM
Old 01-30-2009
Are there any other Variables you want to use inside the users initialization files? Else you could just do
su oracle -c program
instead of
su - oracle -c program

The difference is in the 1st case you run the program with no initialization.
Peace,
G

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"vi"-ing a constantly updated file

Hi, A bit of a dumb question here. Sorry folks. Suppose I have this file which is being updated at irregular intervals (a few seconds, a few minutes, who knows) by a background process. I 'vi' this file with the intention of editing it, so it opens up a temp copy as the usual... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Percy
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I read about the difference between "..profile" and ".profile"

Hi I know from reading O Riley's Classic Shell Scripting' that the .profile file is " the shells configuration file" but I am unable to find a reference to what "..profile" means. I have searched on the net, Sams Teach Yourself Unix, Unix Visual Quickstart Guide and Linux in a Nutshell. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrokan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove "New line characters" and "spaces" at a time

Dear friends, following is the output of a script from which I want to remove spaces and new-line characters. Example:- Line1 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz Line2 mnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijkl Line3 opqrstuvwxyzabcdefdefg Here in above example, at every starting line there is a “tab” &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move a line containg "char" above line containing "xchar"

Okay, so I have a rather large text file and will have to process many more and this will save me hours of work. I'm not very good at scripting, so bear with me please. Working on Linux RHEL I've been able to filter and edit and clean up using sed, but I have a problem with moving lines. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rex007can
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission error when "touch"ing file with different user

Hi, There are 2 users (T886072 & T864764) that need to be provided full (rwx) access to a directory. I made the changes to the directory permissions using chmod and setfacl : root@digidb2:# chmod 700 /u02/ftpfiles/MFRS16/discount_rates/ root@digidb2:# setfacl -s... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
3 Replies
pthread_once(3T)														  pthread_once(3T)

NAME
pthread_once() - call an initialization routine only once SYNOPSIS
Parameters once_control Pointer to the once-control object associated with the one-time initialization function init_routine The one-time initialization routine. This routine is called only once, regardless of the number of times it and its associ- ated once_control are passed to DESCRIPTION
The function guarantees that is only called one time in an application. This function will use the once_control object to determine if has previously been called via The first time is called with once_control and causes to be called with no arguments. Subsequent calls to with the same once_control will not cause to be called again. When returns, the caller is guaranteed that has been called (either just now or via a previous call). The macro is used to statically initialize a once control block. This initialization must be done before calling is not a cancellation point. However, the caller supplied may be a cancellation point. If the thread executing is canceled, the once_con- trol argument will be set to a state which indicates that has not been called yet (see pthread_cancel(3T)). The next time the function is called with once_control, the function will be called. The behavior of is undefined if once_control has automatic storage duration or is not initialized by RETURN VALUE
returns returns the following values: Successful completion. Failure. An error number is returned to indicate the error. (The variable is not set.) ERRORS
The following error value is returned by if the corresponding condition is detected. Either once_control or init_routine is invalid. EXAMPLES
Some modules are designed for dynamic initialization, i.e., global initialization is performed when the first function of the module is invoked. In a single-threaded program, this is generally implemented as follows: (Rest of the code after initialization.) For a multithreaded process, a simple initialization flag is not sufficient; the flag must be protected against modification by multiple threads. Consequently, this flag has to be protected by a mutex that has to be initialized only once, and so on. A multithreaded program should use initialization similar to: (Rest of the code after initialization.) AUTHOR
was derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_once(3T)