Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do I schedule the df command Post 302282241 by jpjeffery on Friday 30th of January 2009 11:09:26 AM
Old 01-30-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNuke2
you can try "uname -a"... but if you are on a netapp filer it should be some kind of BSD derivat?!
Good call. 'uname' is also not recognised. When I log on with telnet it tells me this (about to try the CODE tags, thanks for that in the earlier post, BTW)
Code:
Data ONTAP

Not sure where to go from here as it seems to me if the system doesn't recognise basic commands like uname and grep what chance have I got of setting it up to FTP or working with CRON to schedule anything?

I should say that so far NetApp support haven't exactly showered themselves in glory hence I've come here and already got further!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you schedule a command to run at 4:00 every morning?

How do you schedule a command to run at 4:00 every morning? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JosephGerard
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command to schedule a unix script in tidal' scheduler

hi i am needed to use tidal's scheduler to schedule unix scripts available on server A. while creating a job to be scheduled, it has an option called command which will take a path of the file. i have seen several examples in the following way e:\tidal\bin\sleep.exe here i did not understand two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab schedule

I have the following crontab entry. 0,30 00-16 * * * This job runs every 30 minutes between the hours of 12:00AM and 4:00PM. How can I have it stop at 4:30PM instead? Thank you, David (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

schedule tasks

As far as I know Crontab is the utulity to schedule tasks to run at specific times.Is there any utility to perform the same task (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to schedule "topas" command in crontab

Hi, Grateful if you could advise how to schedule the AIX "topas" command in crontab? Below script works fine at shell prompt. But it does not run via crontab at an AIX Server. Script: topas_run.sh export top_file=/oracle/rman_scripts/"topas_run"_`date '+%m_%d_%y_%H_%M_%S'`".txt" echo >>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule without cron

Hi, How to write the recursive function. I have a script, #!/usr/bin/ksh ## name=$1 outputfile='output.log' sqlplus -s > ${outputfile} <<__END__ ${USER}/${PASS}@${DB} WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE ROLLBACK WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT FAILURE ROLLBACK SET ECHO ON SET SERVEROUTPUT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab schedule

Hi, I have a script which will query the DB and added to crontab at 1,2,6,7 AM everyday and sends a email if count is 0. Now the problem is, if crontab is disabled it doesn't sends a mail. Please tell me how can I handle this situation in the script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Schedule the Script

I have wriiten one script to get some results from log files. Daily I have to run the script using the below command to get the output. What I need is, Can I schedule the Script to execute once every day at a particular Time and get the output by mail automatically? I heard about 'cron job' . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padmanabhan
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Help with cron schedule

Hope you can help with a queuy i have. Server OS is HP-UX my cron runs like this: * * * * * /test/scripts/1_min_jobs.sh 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /test/scripts/jobs_5mins.sh 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null 0,15,30,45 * * * *... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: davexxash
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to schedule crontab?

Hi All, How to schedule crontab on all day except sunday and monday means from tuesday to saturday at 06:00AM. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
3 Replies
RSH(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    RSH(1)

NAME
rsh -- remote shell SYNOPSIS
rsh [-Kdnx] [-k realm] [-l username] host [command] DESCRIPTION
Rsh executes command on host. Rsh copies its standard input to the remote command, the standard output of the remote command to its standard output, and the standard error of the remote command to its standard error. Interrupt, quit and terminate signals are propagated to the remote command; rsh normally termi- nates when the remote command does. The options are as follows: -K The -K option turns off all Kerberos authentication. -d The -d option turns on socket debugging (using setsockopt(2)) on the TCP sockets used for communication with the remote host. -l By default, the remote username is the same as the local username. The -l option allows the remote name to be specified. Kerberos authentication is used, and authorization is determined as in rlogin(1). -n The -n option redirects input from the special device /dev/null (see the BUGS section of this manual page). If no command is specified, you will be logged in on the remote host using rlogin(1). Shell metacharacters which are not quoted are interpreted on local machine, while quoted metacharacters are interpreted on the remote machine. For example, the command rsh otherhost cat remotefile >> localfile appends the remote file remotefile to the local file localfile, while rsh otherhost cat remotefile ">>" other_remotefile appends remotefile to other_remotefile. FILES
/etc/hosts SEE ALSO
rlogin(1), kerberos(3), krb_sendauth(3), krb_realmofhost(3) HISTORY
The rsh command appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
If you are using csh(1) and put a rsh in the background without redirecting its input away from the terminal, it will block even if no reads are posted by the remote command. If no input is desired you should redirect the input of rsh to /dev/null using the -n option. You cannot run an interactive command (like rogue(6) or vi(1)) using rsh; use rlogin(1) instead. Stop signals stop the local rsh process only; this is arguably wrong, but currently hard to fix for reasons too complicated to explain here. Linux NetKit (0.17) August 15, 1999 Linux NetKit (0.17)