Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Method to Unpack cpio files
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Method to Unpack cpio files Post 302281785 by William1482 on Thursday 29th of January 2009 12:18:58 PM
Old 01-29-2009
U mean to say Like this ?

1.cpio -idv Linux9i_Disk1.cpio

2.cpio -idv Linux9i_Disk2.cpio

3.cpio -idv Linux9i_Disk3.cpio

Please confirm the same.

Regards,
Balaji

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

cpio - files > 2 GB

Hi, Currently a backup script copies compressed files to tape using cpio command (on AIX 5.2). Recently we've had a compressed file which has gone over 2 GB in size resulting in an error while copying this file onto the tape using cpio. Any suggestions on relevant workarounds would be much... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnicky
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cpio - files > 2gb

Hi, Currently a backup script copies compressed files to tape using cpio command (on AIX 5.2). Recently we've had a compressed file which has gone over 2 GB in size resulting in an error while copying this file onto the tape using cpio. Any suggestions on relevant workarounds would be much... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnicky
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

cpio.cat.z files????

what are cpio.cat.z files??? Can I delete them??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldaliosmane
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unpack (extract) EAR / JAR files

i have about 30 .EAR files, every ear file have 1 .JAR file. so i need to extract .EAR files then extract .JAR files, and one important thing is that every archive must bee extracted to separate folder. i try with gzip, but when i extract 30 ear files i cant make separate folders.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waso
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unpack individual files from tarball

Say you don't want to unpack the whole thing, just individual files or directories within a .tgz. How to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevensw
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

cpio deleting source files. Can't figure out why!

So I ran into a strange problem the other day when using cpio. I'm not really sure this needed to be in an HPUX specific forum, but wasn't sure where else to put it. I'm running HPUX 11.11 PARISC. I was using cpio to copy a directory and its entire contents from one server, we'll call it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

best method to compress files in aix 5.3

Good morning, I have a file that is 200 MB and I want to compress it to the fullest, which is the best method or command to compress files in aix? Thank you very much and best regards. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to unpack files with bunzip2 using while loop

Hi, I have a problem with unzipping some file.xml.bz2 files to file.xml using while loop. all other processing on files is successfull except bunzip2. here is my piece of code while read i do bunzip2 $i done<file.lst; output : No such file or directory.le... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: maroom
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cpio all *.txt-files out of folders to just one directory

I need a hint for reading manpage (I did rtfm really) of cpio to do this task as in the headline described. I want to put all files of a certain type, lets say all *.txt files or any other format. Spread in more than hundreds of subdirectories in one directory I would like to select them and just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cpio - input files (from list) are stored in different order inside cpio archive - why?

Due to budget constraints I have to reinvent an Enterprise backup system in a SPARC (sun4v) Solaris estate (10 & 11). (yep - reinvent wheel, fun but time consuming. Is this wise?! :confused: ) For each filesystem of interest, to try to capture a 'catalog' at the front of each cpio archive (for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: am115998
1 Replies
rpm2cpio(1)							   User Commands						       rpm2cpio(1)

NAME
rpm2cpio - convert Red Hat Package (RPM) to cpio archive SYNOPSIS
rpm2cpio [file.rpm] DESCRIPTION
The rpm2cpio utility converts the .rpm file specified as its sole argument to a cpio archive on standard output. (See NOTES.) If no argu- ment is given, an rpm stream is read from standard input. In both cases, rpm2cpio will fail and print a usage message if the standard out- put is a terminal. Therefore, the output is usually redirected to a file or piped through the cpio(1) utility. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Converting an rpm file example% rpm2cpio Device3Dfx-1.1-2.src.rpm | cpio -itv CPIO archive found! -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2635 Sep 13 16:39 1998, 3dfx.gif -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 11339 Sep 27 16:03 1998, Dev3Dfx.tar.gz -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1387 Sep 27 16:04 1998, Device3Dfx-1.1-2.spec 31 blocks Example 2: Converting from standard input example% rpm2cpio < Device3Dfx-1.1-2.src.rpm | cpio -itv CPIO archive found! -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2635 Sep 13 16:39 1998, 3dfx.gif -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 11339 Sep 27 16:03 1998, Dev3Dfx.tar.gz -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1387 Sep 27 16:04 1998, Device3Dfx-1.1-2.spec 31 blocks ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrpm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cpio(1), attributes(5) NOTES
rpm2cpio handles versions 3 and 4 RPMs. SunOS 5.10 20 Aug 2001 rpm2cpio(1)