Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris StartUP file to start a service Post 302281747 by bmathiasf on Thursday 29th of January 2009 11:03:42 AM
Old 01-29-2009
ok.... that help me a lot.... but i want to start that service after all th rest it's done;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I add my own service when system startup?

Hi All, My OS is redhat 7.1. How can I start my own service (e.g. simple scripts) when the system is started? I found something like /etc/rc.d, /etc/rc.init ... But I have no idea on them, have anyone can help me? regards wilson (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do i auto start application upon startup?

sorry, i'm a newbie to unix... but how do i or rather where do i write scripts that auto start my application e.g. Informix? in Windows it would be services but in UNIX where can i auto start my informix program? To run informix i just type "oninit". And do i have to login to any user before... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doofie
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.3: Start Service on System startup

Hi, I'm new to AIX, and have to make some services start at system startup. The IBM-Redbook says I have to edit /etc/inittab. As a long time (Debian)-Linux Admin I'm a bit confused. Is there something like /etc/init.d/$SERVICE in AIX? Greetings, Dennis (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dennis.kuehl
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

startup script wont start up

I've put this script in /etc/rc.d and made a symbolic link to it from S99pctb in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d but it wont start up. Anyone know why ? This is the script: --------------------------- #!/bin/sh c=1 case "$1" in start) echo -n "starting pctb ..." > /etc/logger while ; do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: msearson1
7 Replies

5. AIX

Creating startup service for JBoss

Hello Friends, Does anyone know how to create a startup script for Jboss on IBM AIX 5.3? Please help me, I'd be highly grateful to you... Thanks & Regards, Vinit (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpatil6688
0 Replies

6. AIX

service/process management -autostart at startup

Hi, I want to modify some of the services/processes (related to the oracle database) to start automatically at the startup of the server. which commands may help me? which commands do I need to use? my server configuration is, in brief: hardware:IBM P550 / OS : AIX 5300 thanks,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

7. AIX

Q: how to start a service when system start

As topic, assume we have a service called "blahservice" and we can start it by: startsrc -s blahservice what is the best practice to run such command when system start? - directly use mkitab to add it into /etc/inittab or - drop startup scripts in /etc/rc.d/rcX.d I know they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acerlinux
4 Replies

8. SuSE

start services during the startup

I'm trying to add services to start services automatically during the system start up in suse linux. I followed these steps.. chkconfig servicename on and created symbolic link at /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/ folder with name S80servicename. here is the command I used ln -s /etc/init.d/servicename... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting a service at startup.

Hi guys I want to start a service and a script SiteMonitor.sh at startup. To start with i have modified /etc/rc.local file. Here is the content of my /etc/rc.local file. #!/bin/sh # # This script will be executed *after* all the other init scripts. # You can put your own... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Start a service manager process automatically on startup

Hello, I am in the process of learning Linux OS. How do I run the below lines of code automatically as root on server startup. cd /opt/program_folder/ServiceManager/bin nohup ./servce_manager DEV & Currently, as soon as the server is up and running I log in as root (as this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rparavastu
6 Replies
WIN32_SET_SERVICE_STATUS(3)						 1					       WIN32_SET_SERVICE_STATUS(3)

win32_set_service_status - Update the service status

SYNOPSIS
bool win32_set_service_status (int $status, [int $checkpoint]) DESCRIPTION
Informs the SCM of the current status of a running service. This call is only valid for a running service process. PARAMETERS
o $status - The service status code, one of WIN32_SERVICE_RUNNING, WIN32_SERVICE_STOPPED, WIN32_SERVICE_STOP_PENDING, WIN32_SER- VICE_START_PENDING, WIN32_SERVICE_CONTINUE_PENDING, WIN32_SERVICE_PAUSE_PENDING, WIN32_SERVICE_PAUSED. o $checkpoint - The checkpoint value the service increments periodically to report its progress during a lengthy start, stop, pause, or continue operation. For example, the service should increment this value as it completes each step of its initialization when it is start- ing up. The $checkpoint is only valid when the $status is one of WIN32_SERVICE_STOP_PENDING, WIN32_SERVICE_START_PENDING, WIN32_SERVICE_CONTINUE_PENDING or WIN32_SERVICE_PAUSE_PENDING. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success, FALSE if there is a problem with the parameters or a Win32 Error Code on failure. SEE ALSO
win32_start_service_ctrl_dispatcher(3), Win32Service Service Status Constants. PHP Documentation Group WIN32_SET_SERVICE_STATUS(3)