Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with type-casting in awk Post 302281628 by vivek.bharadwaj on Thursday 29th of January 2009 07:53:32 AM
Old 01-29-2009
Pludi

my version of unix doesnt support -b option on du..

Zaxxon

I've tried what you've told...

Code ( after read filesize) :

typeset -i filesize = ${filesize}
awk -v filesize = ${filesize}

du -ah <folder> | awk -F: '$1>filesize {print $1,print $2}'

Now it shows all the files present in the folder irrespective of the size criterion.

Am relatively new to the OS and scripting..so sorry for any basic errors

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with variable type

Dear All, I am trying to write an script to calculate geometric centre of selected residues of a protein structure. Say I have a PDB file (a text containing the x, y, and z coordinates of atoms of a protein). I want to extract the X coordinates of the atoms belonging to the interested residues... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siavoush
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

terminal type problem with cygwin on aix

hey, I use cygwin to connect to AIX 5.2 but when I open vi I get an error saying: ex: 0602-108 cygwin is not a recognized terminal type how can I fix that? I thought cygwin was tty vt100? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rein
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stuck on a matching, copying type problem

Hi all, I am new to these forum and to scripting in general for that matter. i have been looking through the forums for something that could explain my problem. I have be come pretty familiar with sed and awk but I can not seem to figure this out... I am trying to match data from 3 files but every... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: derek3131
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

casting

Hi everyone, I was wondering how i could cast a floating value to an integer in csh Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find problem listing directories even -type f

Hi All, #!/bin/ksh find /home/other -ls -type f -xdev | sort -nrk7 | head -2 >bigfile.txt The above is my script, which writes the large file into a file called bigfile.txt. My script contains only the above two lines. after execution i am getting the output like find: cannot chdir to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How type casting works ?

I am having a doubt with type casting in C. Very often in network programming, we have something like this: char *data = ...; struct iphdr *ip = (struct iphdr *) data; where iphdr is define in netinet/ip.h. Let us say that the size of the content of held by 'data' is much more than... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radiatejava
1 Replies

7. Programming

C++ type-casting a member variable in const methods

Is it permitted to type-cast a member variable passed in as a parameter in a member const method .. I am doing something like : in a return-type method () const { variable other = long(member variable) } this other assigned variable is not updating and I wonder if type-casting in such... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shriyer123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Type casting problem

hi guys, i m new to shell script.. i dont know how to type cast string into integers and i mention my problem below.. date="21091988" month=$((${date:2:2})) # extract the month from previous date variable temp=$(($month*23)) when i am trying to calculate the temp value i got the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raadhaakrishnan
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Casting the data command !

Hey guys. 1st problem: I have to create a script for every hour run a script against a DB and then produce results to log file and eventually email. I have to manipulate the date command from something like this date '+%F %H:%M.%s' which produces the below the below result 2014-08-01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mo_VERTICASQL
2 Replies

10. Programming

Very strange output with casting

Hi All, I am having a strange issue. Below is the code snippet. If I print fraction * (double)::pow((double)10,scalingFactor) which is a double I am getting 154 when I type cast that to int as (int)( ((fraction) * ((double)::pow((double)10,scalingFactor)))) it is becoming 153. Not sure why... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
0 Replies
LFC_SETFSIZEG(3)					       LFC Library Functions						  LFC_SETFSIZEG(3)

NAME
lfc_setfsizeg - set filesize for a regular file having the given GUID; set also last modification time to the current time SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include "lfc_api.h" int lfc_setfsizeg (const char *guid, u_signed64 filesize, const char *csumtype, char *csumvalue) DESCRIPTION
lfc_setfsizeg sets the filesize for a regular file having the given GUID; set also the last modification time to the current time. This function should only be called by the stager after the last write operation has been performed on the file. The file is identified by its guid. guid specifies the Grid Unique IDentifier. csumtype specifies the type of checksum. Valid types are: CS standard 32 bits checksum AD Adler 32 bits checksum MD MD5 128 bits checksum RETURN VALUE
This routine returns 0 if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EFAULT guid is a NULL pointer. EINVAL The length of the guid exceeds CA_MAXGUIDLEN or the length of the csumtype exceeds 2 or csumtype is an unknown type or the length of the csumvalue exceeds 32. SENOSHOST Host unknown. SENOSSERV Service unknown. SECOMERR Communication error. ENSNACT Name server is not running or is being shutdown. SEE ALSO
Castor_limits(4), lfc_statg(3) LFC
$Date: 2008/09/19 11:32:26 $ LFC_SETFSIZEG(3)