Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash-function with array acting bizarre, bug? Post 302281509 by otheus on Thursday 29th of January 2009 03:30:30 AM
Old 01-29-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by gand
thanks otheus for showing me the way.
*blush* Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function Bug in script - need help

My script is erroring with: testtapemgr.sh: FTP_RETURNS: not found I cannot see what I am doing wrong..when it calls that function from the Volume returns function and says taht FTP_RETURNS is not found and exits out of the script. What am I not seeing here? #### Return Volume Function ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gzs553
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH - KSH] Passing array to a function

Passing a array to a function, a basic feature in modern language, seems to be only possible in KSH. Not in BASH. Depite all my efforts I couldn't come to a solution. See the following examples: It works perfectly in KSH: #!/usr/bin/ksh function print_array { # assign array by indirect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in loop is acting up

Hello! I have a question about loops and arrays. I'm trying to go through this: for aa in 01 02 03 OrigNum=$(grep ${Orig} Ba3In2F12.prepos | wc -l) OrigNum=$((${OrigNum} - 1)) echo ${OrigNum} etc It gets stuck on the second line. The error reads: ./asdf: line 30:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RisingSun
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] passing array to function

Hi, I'm trying to write a function that reassigns an array to another local array but the method used in reassigning the array reformats the contents of the array which is what I am trying to prevent. The method used to load a file into an array works as expected and the entire array is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASGR
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bug in Function Call

Can anybody tell me where is the bug in this below mentioned function call. #The String Search File myString="${LOCATION}/config/stringFile.txt" # Functional Usage function usage() { if ; then echo "************************************************************" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: baraghun
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH weird acting: unquoted parameter accepted as quoted one !

In one session I have strange behavior of the bash-shell: SDX-Q> echo ">$ss<" #this is just to present the $ss var: > lll kkk < SDX-Q> # more obviose: SDX-Q> od -cb <<<"$ss" 0000000 l l l k k k \n 040 040 040 154 154 154 040... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort function UNIX bug ???

Hello there i have a funny behiavor of the sort fonction, i try it out on different Solaris machine and i have the same issue. So i would like to see if there is a rationel explanation here is some data in a file:test.txt ,Test,RSD,RSD_Asset ,Test,RSD,RSD_Credit ,Test,RSD,RSD_Liab... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kykyboss
3 Replies

8. Programming

Tweaked getpass() function gives an untraceable bug

I have customized the getpass() as follows: char* my_getpass(const char* str) { struct termios oflags, nflags; static char passwd; /* disabling echo */ tcgetattr(fileno(stdin), &oflags); nflags = oflags; nflags.c_lflag &= ~ECHO; nflags.c_lflag |= ECHONL; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script acting funny when run from Crontab

Hello, first time here. I have a script that seems to ignore the if statement when run from the cron. I am using Ubuntu 12.10 #!/bin/bash DOWN=/usr/sbin/dcon UP="pon dsl-provider" LOG=/var/log/dsl-reconnect.log RECV=`ifconfig 2>&1|grep ppp0|cut -d , -f 5|cut -d " " -f 1` if ] then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkoster
1 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Small bug in the Quick Editor function in postbit

Hey, There was a small bug in the Quick Editor function in postbit, but I fixed it (basically a double quote was missing from an element id): <div id="post_message_$post" class="neo-message-area">$post</div> Was <div id="post_message_$post class="neo-message-area">$post</div> Should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)