Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SQL code into a variable.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SQL code into a variable. Post 302281489 by manneni prakash on Thursday 29th of January 2009 02:43:08 AM
Old 01-29-2009
SQL code into a variable.

Hi,

Iam new to unix. Is there any way to get the sql code "ORA-01847" into a variable.

sqlplus username/password@database name << EOF
set heading off
update TempTable set variable where condition;
exit sql.sqlcode;
commit;
exit;
EOF

Output

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01847: day of month must be between 1 and last day of month.

Is there anyway to get the above "ORA-01847" to a variable. Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql query variable not exactly unix

I know htis isnt exactly unix.... but hopefully someone can help me or direct me someplace to get help. I can run sql queries in scripts against my informix db using: dbaccess mydb myquery.sql >> sql.output I need to write my script to select based on todays date. Its very... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

passing value to a variable in a SQL

Hi Folks, This is a small chunk of the bigger problem which i am facing and some help here will help me resolve the rest of the issue. Problem is that i need to pass the value of a variable from a shell script to a SQL query (infact a lot of SQL's) i have the following solution but somehow... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamitsin
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sql variable as array index

hi folks i am facing problom while trying to access sql variable as array index ina unix shell script....script goes as below.. #!/bin/ksh MAX=3 for elem in alpha beeta gaama do arr=$elem ((x=x+1)) Done SQL_SERVER='servername' /apps/sun5/utils/sqsh -S $SQL_SERVER -U user -P pwd -b -h... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudheer157
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass variable to sql

Please help. I got these error. I'm try to pass variable extract from data-file.txt to sql file(select.sql). cat: cannot open select cat: cannot open * cat: cannot open from cat: cannot open user cat: cannot open where cat: cannot open name=$list; #!/bin/bash list=`sed q... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: killboy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql output into a variable

i have to do a check in my UNIX script to see whats saved in the database. depending on whats there will fork data to certain functions. However i do not know how to capture SQL output into a UNIX variable. Below is what i have tried, but i get an error: Error 3706 Failure 3706 Syntax error:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: purplebirky
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql output to shell variable

Hi I tried searching but I used to see , this has been answered may times. But I could not find. I am looking a SQLPLUS output to be assigned to shell variable. This is what I coded. ##/bin/ksh sqlplus dmishr/mishra#09@ps004d.world <<ENDOFSQL spool abc.log SET ECHO OFF NEWP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL in LINUX. Variable or Database

Dear Friends :-), Need your help once again. I have following SQL in a shell script to pick values from database select date_stamp, time_stamp from logs where date=31012012 However, at times we need to take these value(s) from a variable. To do this we have following query. select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable to sql

How to pass variable to sql file. Im tryin in two ways, Method 1: my.sql select * from table where col1 = '$1' and col2 = 'text'; Method 1execute: dbaccess database my.sql $var Method2: select * from table col1 in (`cat inputfile`) and col2 = 'text'; method... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL output to UNIX variable

I have a sql statement , i need to assign to a variable in Unix sel count(*) AS num_files from TABLE_A; i need to use "num_files" in unix statements. let me know how to assign unix variable to above num_files (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nani1984
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies
cvm-pgsql(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      cvm-pgsql(8)

NAME
cvm-pgsql - PgSQL module SYNOPSIS
cvm-pgsql CREDENTIALS
Pass phrase DESCRIPTION
This module queries a PgSQL database for the account name, compares the stored pass phrase with the given one using crypt(3). CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The server hostname, port, database, username, password, and additional options can be controlled by setting $PGHOST, $PGPORT, $PGDATABASE, $PGUSER, $PGPASSWORD, and $PGOPTIONS respectively, which are parsed by the PgSQL client library. CVM_MYSQL_POSTQ (optional) The SQL query to execute after the credentials have been validated, see cvm-sql(7). CVM_PGSQL_PWCMP (optional) The password comparison module to use. CVM_PGSQL_QUERY (optional) The SQL query to issue to retrieve the row containing the account information from the database. SEE ALSO
cvm-sql(7), cvm-mysql(8), cvm-pwfile(8), cvm-qmail(8), cvm-unix(8), cvm-vmailmgr(8), cvm-benchclient(8), cvm-checkpassword(8), cvm-test- client(8) http://untroubled.org/pwcmp/pwcmp.html http://untroubled.org/cvm/cvm.html cvm-pgsql(8)