Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Script to resume download Post 302281464 by vin_eme on Thursday 29th of January 2009 01:02:43 AM
Old 01-29-2009
Perl Script to resume download

Hi,

i am looking for a perl script[only] that can resume broken download images from a remote server. Can anyone help me on this.

thanks,
Vince

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Download files using perl

What is the easiest way to download some file using perl for it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Are companies viewing my resume? How do I track my resume visits?

Hi everybody, I am wondering if there is any tool or website out there which can track who is viewing my resume. It is very frustrating when you send your CV or Cover Letter and you receive no feedback from the company, you don't even know if they have checked it out. Thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gearyipswich
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl and Nvidia driver download

Hi guys i have writen a script that can be used to automatically check a website for the latest software ( in this case i want to use it with the nvidia website ) and check the software and if there is a new version out then it will download it for me but i cannot seem to get it to work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ab52
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to download to a file using wget in perl?

Hi, I want to download some online data using wget command and write the contents to a file. For example this is the URL i want to download and store it in a file called "results.txt". #This is the URL. $url="http://www.example.com"; #retrieve data and store in a file results.txt ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to download modules from Strawberry perl.

Hi, I am using Strawberry Perl on WinXP but i am unable to download modules from Cpan via cmd,everytime a connection timeout error pops up. I get the following error : C:\>cpan Tk CPAN: LWP::UserAgent loaded ok (v5.834) CPAN: Time::HiRes loaded ok (v1.9719) Fetching with LWP:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: parimal14
0 Replies

6. Hardware

Cannot resume from suspend with new motherboardktop, does not resume properly

I would like to get pm-suspend (or any other suspend method) working for a small new desktop computer. It is based on a Zotac GF-8200 ITX motherboard and an AMD Athlon II X@ 240 CPU using ArchLinux x86_64. The pm-suspend script works, apparently putting the machine into suspend correctly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagagnon
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP download using perl script

Need assistance I have a script which i can download the files from ftp server using perl . But i want to download multiple files at a time #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Net::FTP; $ftp = Net::FTP->new("ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov"); $ftp->login('username', 'password'); $ftp->cwd("<dir>");... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI : unable to download the excel sheet from perl cgi page

Hi All, I have written an cgi perl script that displays an image(Excel image) and when clicked on that Image I need to download a excel sheet. I made sure that excel sheet exists in the folder with the given name but still I am not able to download the sheet. print "<center><table... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Resume parent shell after sourcing another script

#! /bin/ksh #first.sh echo "b4 set exit as return" alias exit=return echo "call second" . ./second.sh echo "after second" #. ./third.sh unalias exit echo "ho lanciato il terzo" =================// #second.sh echo "in scond" exit ==============// the above code works in k... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mprakasheee
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script when computer resume from being sleep state

I use this as a startup program. Is there a way that it could run when my computer returns from a sleep state? Cpu_LogFile="/home/andy/bin/CPU_Fan_Info.txt" date +"%Y-%m-%d-%H:%M:%S" >> $Cpu_LogFile sensors -f | grep "temp4" >> $Cpu_LogFile sensors -f | grep "fan1" >> $Cpu_LogFile (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.2 2009-11-23 Test::Script(3)