Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I push an X app to the front by PID? Post 302281079 by otheus on Wednesday 28th of January 2009 06:50:25 AM
Old 01-28-2009
The X primitive you want, I believe, is "raise". Window managers (KDE, Gnome, Xface, etc) might have some customizable interface so that you can ask window with a certain title to be raise()d.

I found one command that might give you what you need... it's called wmctrl, and according to the man page you can do:
Code:
wmctrl -a rdesktop

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

printing ppid,child pid,pid

question: for the below program i just printed the value for pid, child pid and parent pid why does it give me 6 values? i assume ppid is 28086 but can't figure out why there are 5 values printed instead of just two! can someone comment on that! #include<stdio.h> #define DIM 8 int... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Session PID & socket connection pid

1. If I use an software application(which connects to the database in the server) in my local pc, how many PID should be registered? Would there be PID for the session and another PID for socket connection? 2. I noticed (through netstat) that when I logged in using the my software application,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcx26
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable

Hi, I need to get the pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable and i want to use this value(pid) of the variable for some process. Please can anyone tell me how to get the pid of a process and store it in a variable. please help me on this. Thanks in advance, Amudha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
7 Replies

4. Linux

FTP push

Hi I am trying to send a file form one linux server into an another linux server. I cannot do ftp get. Can anyone please assist me how can I push the file to the other server ? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rsync push or pull?

We have a cluster of 3 web servers. I'll be updating a single master server and copying info to the other 2 slave servers. What's the best way of synching all of them? Run rsync on each of the slave servers to pull the updates from the master? Or run rsync on the master to push the updates to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gaspol
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Push Files

Hey Guys, Thanks for always being helpful, I have another issue that I need a little insight on how to fix. See the below script I have and the error I get. I don't understand why it does that, am I not using the continue correctly? #!/bin/bash -x # @(#) File: filepush.sh #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkelly1117
5 Replies

7. Programming

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App

With a little bit of work, was able to build a nice "Wuhan Coronavirus Status" app using MQTT and the IoT-OnOff app. More on this technique here: ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages The result turned out nice, I think. I like the look and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
10 Replies
rdesktop(1)						      General Commands Manual						       rdesktop(1)

NAME
rdesktop - Remote Desktop Protocol client SYNOPSIS
rdesktop [options] server[:port] DESCRIPTION
rdesktop is a client for Microsoft Windows NT Terminal Server, Windows 2000 Terminal Services, Windows XP Remote Desktop, and possibly other Terminal Services products. rdesktop currently implements the RDP version 4 protocol. OPTIONS
-u <username> Username for authentication on the terminal server. -d <domain> Domain for authentication. -s <shell> Startup shell for the user - starts a specific application instead of Explorer. -c <directory> The initial working directory for the user. Often used in combination with -s to set up a fixed login environment. -p <password> The password to authenticate with. Note that this may have no effect if "Always prompt for password" is enabled on the server. WARNING: if you specify a password on the command line it may be visible to other users when they use tools like ps. Use -p - to make rdesktop request a password at startup (from standard input). -n <hostname> Client hostname. Normally rdesktop automatically obtains the hostname of the client. -k <layout> Keyboard layout to emulate. This requires a corresponding keymap file to be installed. The standard keymaps provided with rdesktop follow the RFC1766 naming scheme: a language code followed by a country code if necessary - e.g. en-us, en-gb, de, fr, sv, etc. The default is en-us (a US keyboard). -g <geometry> Desktop geometry (WxH). If geometry is the special word "workarea", the geometry will be fetched from the extended window manager hints property _NET_WORKAREA, from the root window. -f Enable fullscreen mode. This overrides the window manager and causes the rdesktop window to fully cover the current screen. Fullscreen mode can be toggled at any time using Ctrl-Alt-Enter. -b Force the server to send screen updates as bitmaps rather than using higher-level drawing operations. -e Disable encryption. This option is only needed (and will only work) if you have a French version of NT TSE. -m Do not send mouse motion events. This saves bandwidth, although some Windows applications may rely on receiving mouse motion. -C Use private colourmap. This will improve colour accuracy on an 8-bit display, but rdesktop will appear in false colour when not focused. -K Do not override window manager key bindings. By default rdesktop attempts to grab all keyboard input when it is in focus. -T <title> Window title. -D Hide window manager decorations, by using MWM hints. LINKS
Main website of rdesktop http://www.rdesktop.org/ October 2002 rdesktop(1)