Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HPUX model scirpt issue
Operating Systems HP-UX HPUX model scirpt issue Post 302281004 by meeraramanathan on Wednesday 28th of January 2009 03:28:02 AM
Old 01-28-2009
HPUX model scirpt issue

hi,

I am using HPUX 11.31(Itanium) and HP 5100 printer.

I am using PCL5.nloo model script present in HPUX by default to print to printer.

I am finding issues in printing paper sizes and few other options.

Description of the problem:

When i give a print with option "half" and "Legal" paper, the job is getting printed in Legal paper but the paper size is scaled to A4. The output file of the model script with these options does not have a scaling command.

command executed for viewing output file:

PCL5.nloo 1 1 1 1 "half legal" /Inputfile > /outputfile.

I want to know has anybody used model script and have tried these options and working properly.

I also want to know whether a print method of HP-UX does not have a print command to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Finding server Model on HPUX

Hi i am just wondering is there a command in hp that you can find the server model on hpux? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnineill
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl scirpt for automatic file transfer

Hi , can any one help me with a perl script for automating file transfer ? At each step i need to check for the success or failure . I am trying to connect to the target system for a specified number of times.if it doesnt connect even after 3 retries then the script should exit. and i have to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Public key in Shell scirpt

Hi, Can anyone help me out how to login on server using public key autorization.I want to use this on system. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LochanM
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Ignite issue on HPUX server

Hi All, I am getting below error while igniting(restoring image) on 2470 server. i tried with different images it is giving same error. please help me out to resolve this issue * Making VxFS filesystem for "/usr/aethos/snss/suppimpapp1", (/dev/vg00/rsuppimpapp1). *... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prabhu H
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue while auto login using .ssh for HPUX

Hi, While trying to supress password prompt using ssh. I have added .ssh folder manually and generated public key and added to authorized_keys file in the remote machine. But still it's prompting for passwords with the following message: Permission denied... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 116@434
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csv format output file using scirpt

Hi All, I get the test result file daily after running the main test script. from the resultfile, need to fetch only server info and status and put them in tabular format in a file and as well in CSV format output file. I tried using awk command but am not able to put them in tabluar... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
6 Replies

7. HP-UX

HPUX nsswitch.conf issue

Hi all, There wasn't nsswitch.conf file in my HPUX server. So I copied /etc/nsswitch.files to /etc/nsswitch.conf and changed the content like below. passwd: compat group: compat hosts: files dns nis ipnodes: dns files services: nis files networks: nis... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sembii
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scirpt to fetch the variable from sqlplus

Hi Gurus, I am stuck with the step where i need to fetch the location & sales from the below procedure by taking it from table field using the for loop. any idea how this can be done in unix. From one column both the location and sales are taken out. create or replace procedure newyork... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scirpt error

I am not getting 1 for the failure scenario for my below code. any help would be greatly appreciated. If the input is invalid i should get exit. But in the below scenario i am not getting the message exit o. ksh -x client_check.ksh sun + + hostname hn=us + ] + client_check.ksh: test:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
6 Replies
pbmpage(1)						      General Commands Manual							pbmpage(1)

NAME
pbmpage - create a one page test pattern for printing SYNOPSIS
pbmpage [-a4] test_pattern DESCRIPTION
pbmpage generates a one page test pattern to print on a sheet of paper, for use in calibrating a printer. The test pattern in is PBM for- mat. pbmpage produces an image intended for 600 dots per inch printer resolution. If you are printing on an HP PPA printer, you can convert the output of this program to a stream that you can feed to the printer with pbm- toppa. Bear in mind that when you print the test pattern, you are testing not only the printer, but any converter or driver software along the printing path. Any one of these components may adjust margins, crop the image, erase edges, and such. If, due to addition of margins, the printer refuses to print the image because it is too big, use pnmcut to cut the right and bottom edges off the test pattern until it is small enough to print. test_pattern is the number of the test pattern to generate, as follows. The default is 1. 1 A grid ruled in numbers of pixels. The outermost rules are exactly at the edges of the paper. 2 A vertical line segment, one pixel wide, extending 1/2" up from the exact center of the page. 3 Two diagonal line segments, one starting at the upper left corner of the page, the other starting from the lower left corner of the page. Both extend 1/2" toward the center of the page at 45 degrees. OPTIONS
-a4 Generate an image for A4 (European) paper. Without this option, pbmpage generates an image for US standard paper (8 1/2" wide x 11" high). SEE ALSO
pbmtoppa(1), pnmcut(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Tim Norman. Copyright (C) 1998. Licensed under GNU Public License Manual page by Bryan Henderson, May 2000. 01 May 2000 pbmpage(1)