Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris adding another disk - sol10x86 on dl365 Post 302280963 by candlejack on Tuesday 27th of January 2009 10:53:53 PM
Old 01-27-2009
Very cool. Thanks for posting your findings!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Adding hard Disk

Hi all, I am using SCO Openserver V and I want to add one more harddisk (/dev/hd1) Hw can I do it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skant
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

adding disk to ultra10

I enquired before about adding another disk to an ultra 10... and was told it was possible... Well - since then I got my hands on another ultra 10 - and have taken the disk out of that one... I should be able to connect it up - but I am wondering - should this be mounted in any partiulcar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

3. Solaris

adding new disk to cluster

Dear all , I am new to sun cluster and i having a problem adding a disk to a disk group . My platfrom consists of a clustered E6900 SUN server and an EMC DX1000 storage . the disk group that iam trying to add the disk to is shared group , whwen i run vxdisk list i get in status "online... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

disk adding through lvm

Hi dear(s) Can u explain how to add a disk through lvm with commands. I need to add a 9 gb scsi HS disk to a Hp D class 9000 server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreekumar.R
2 Replies

5. Solaris

OS not recognize the new disk while adding

Hi all, I tried to add the new disk into veritas control.but the OS/veritas is not recognize the disk.so how i can know disk status or the disk added or not into veritas?please help me out step by step procedure.i would really thankful to all. regards Krishna (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthy76
4 Replies

6. Solaris

console redirect on dl365

anyone have any success with redirecting the console running sol10 x86 on a hp dl365? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
0 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Adding a disk

Recently added a disk to a clariion array system, binded it as a raid 5, now I have no clue how to see it in dg-unix. I want to add it to a current filesystem, and now i'm down river without a paddle. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
0 Replies

8. AIX

Adding New Hard Disk

Hi, On P5 I would like to add hard drive, currently 2 hard disk are already exists, would like to add one more, 2 Slots are emtpy, I would like to know how to find out wheather adapter is attached to that 2 free slot using command. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM, Troubles with adding another Disk

I am having trouble with LVM and one of my physical volumes. Using Ubuntu Desktop 14.04 I was trying to set up LVM across two disks (not containing the OS or Home). First I created the initial Physical Volume, the Volume Group, and the Logical volume, and everything seemed fine. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JR_ULFOR
2 Replies

10. AIX

Adding disk to my lpar

hi all i have entered Aix environment 4 months had experienced in linux what i am facing is i am unable to do sort of RnD with aix like installation on my own, creating vgs managing networks, the VIOS, storage,lpars, So we have a setup here almost all are in live production environment with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vax
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)