Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris adding another disk - sol10x86 on dl365 Post 302280963 by candlejack on Tuesday 27th of January 2009 10:53:53 PM
Old 01-27-2009
Very cool. Thanks for posting your findings!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Adding hard Disk

Hi all, I am using SCO Openserver V and I want to add one more harddisk (/dev/hd1) Hw can I do it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skant
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

adding disk to ultra10

I enquired before about adding another disk to an ultra 10... and was told it was possible... Well - since then I got my hands on another ultra 10 - and have taken the disk out of that one... I should be able to connect it up - but I am wondering - should this be mounted in any partiulcar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

3. Solaris

adding new disk to cluster

Dear all , I am new to sun cluster and i having a problem adding a disk to a disk group . My platfrom consists of a clustered E6900 SUN server and an EMC DX1000 storage . the disk group that iam trying to add the disk to is shared group , whwen i run vxdisk list i get in status "online... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

disk adding through lvm

Hi dear(s) Can u explain how to add a disk through lvm with commands. I need to add a 9 gb scsi HS disk to a Hp D class 9000 server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreekumar.R
2 Replies

5. Solaris

OS not recognize the new disk while adding

Hi all, I tried to add the new disk into veritas control.but the OS/veritas is not recognize the disk.so how i can know disk status or the disk added or not into veritas?please help me out step by step procedure.i would really thankful to all. regards Krishna (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthy76
4 Replies

6. Solaris

console redirect on dl365

anyone have any success with redirecting the console running sol10 x86 on a hp dl365? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
0 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Adding a disk

Recently added a disk to a clariion array system, binded it as a raid 5, now I have no clue how to see it in dg-unix. I want to add it to a current filesystem, and now i'm down river without a paddle. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
0 Replies

8. AIX

Adding New Hard Disk

Hi, On P5 I would like to add hard drive, currently 2 hard disk are already exists, would like to add one more, 2 Slots are emtpy, I would like to know how to find out wheather adapter is attached to that 2 free slot using command. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM, Troubles with adding another Disk

I am having trouble with LVM and one of my physical volumes. Using Ubuntu Desktop 14.04 I was trying to set up LVM across two disks (not containing the OS or Home). First I created the initial Physical Volume, the Volume Group, and the Logical volume, and everything seemed fine. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JR_ULFOR
2 Replies

10. AIX

Adding disk to my lpar

hi all i have entered Aix environment 4 months had experienced in linux what i am facing is i am unable to do sort of RnD with aix like installation on my own, creating vgs managing networks, the VIOS, storage,lpars, So we have a setup here almost all are in live production environment with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vax
4 Replies
EXPIREOVER(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     EXPIREOVER(8)

NAME
expireover - Expire entries from the news overview database SYNOPSIS
expireover [ -e ] [ -f file ] [ -k ] [ -N ] [ -p ] [ -q ] [ -s ] [ -w number ] [ -z rmfile ] [ -Z lofile ] DESCRIPTION
Expireover expires entries from the news overview database. It reads a list of newsgroup list ( <pathdb in inn.conf>/active). (A file name of ``-'' may be used to specify the standard input.) It then removes any mention of those articles from the appropriate overview database. If ``groupbaseexpiry'' in inn.conf is ``true'', expireover also expires articles. If it's ``false'', ``-e'', ``-k'', ``-N'', ``-p'', ``-q'', ``-w'' and ``-z'' flags are ignored. OPTIONS
-e If the ``-e'' flag is used, then as soon as the first cross posting of the article expires, all overview entries relevant to the article are removed. Note that you cannot use both ``-e'' and ``-k'' flag at the same time. -f When the ``-f'' flag is used, then expireover will use it as newsgroup list instead of <pathdb in inn.conf>/active file. A name of ``-'' is taken to mean the standard input. -k When the ``-k'' flag is used, then articles are removed when they have been expired from all the groups they appear in. Note that you cannot use both ``-e'' and ``-k'' flag at the same time. -N If the storing method has self expire functionality, then the control file is ignored for that article by default. If the ``-N'' flag is used, expireover purges articles and overview entries with the control file. -p Expireover makes its decisions on the time the article arrived by default. This means articles are often kept a little longer than with other expiration programs that base their decisions on the article's posting date. To use the article's posting date, use the ``-p'' flag. -q Expireover normally prints statistics at the end of process. To suppress this action, use the ``-q'' flag. -s Expireover normally checks the existense of articles only if ``EXPENSIVESTAT'' of its storage method is set to ``FALSE''. To do stat all articles regardless of ``EXPENSIVESTAT'', use the ``-s'' flag. See storage.conf(5) for ``EXPENSIVESTAT''. -w Use the ``-w'' flag to ``warp'' time so that expireover thinks it is running at some time other then the current time. The value should be a signed floating point number of the number of days to use as the offset. -z If the ``-z'' flag is used, then articles are not removed, but their toknes are appended to the specified file. See the description of delayrm in news.daily(8). -Z If the ``-Z'' flag is used, then the lowest article numbers for each newsgroup after expiry are written to the specified lofile with newsgroup name. This flag can be used when doing ``ctlinnd lomark lofile''. HISTORY
Written by Rob Robertson <rob@violet.berkeley.edu> and Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> (with help from Dave Lawrence <tale@uunet.uu.net>) for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.9.2.3, dated 2002/04/14. SEE ALSO
active(5), ctlinnd(8). inn.conf(5), news.daily(8). EXPIREOVER(8)