Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: extract a field by logic
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers extract a field by logic Post 302280728 by ChicagoBlues on Tuesday 27th of January 2009 01:00:55 PM
Old 01-27-2009
got it...

awk -F"|" '$6=="1"{print $8"|"$9}' tmp.out

where the tmp.out file has 9 columns.

Thx.

- CB

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logic needed to extract lines

Hi All, Are there any logic to extract the only lines between first two *TM* (which is marked in blue)? VOL1HST99 0 HDR1A999999S 999999HST99 HDR2F001200012001 UHL1 0729609000001 000000 *TM*^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 01012610252171017301805000... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract last occurence of the field

path = /first/second/third/fourth. i want to extract /first/second/third from path.my program something like this .... path=/first/second/third/fourth noc=`echo $path|tr '/' '\n'|wc -w` var='echo $noc|cut -d'/' -f 1-$noc --> is giving error. why $noc is not working here.any other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcp_pavan
3 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Extract third field of third line

Hi, how do I extract the third field of the first line? I know how to get the first line or the third field of a file, but I can't get the single entry. awk 'NR==1' file.txt awk '{print $3}' file.txt Please tell me how to combine these. And how do I set this value into a variable? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etownbetty
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract a certain field from a CSV?

EDIT: This problem has been solved thanks to the help of scottn. Okay, so I have a CSV. Let's say it has the following entries in it: Jackie Chan,1954,M Chuck Norris,1930,M Bruce Lee,1940,M How would I, for example, extract the gender out of a certain person, maybe based on the year of... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: chickeneaterguy
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Field from a file

I have an input file with content like : 18:51:18 | 217863|Acct 0110855565|RC 17608| 16 Subs| 1596 UsgRecs| 2 Secs| 430 CPUms| prmis2:26213 <MoveUsage d aemon needs to run on this account before it can be billed.> 23:03:30 | 896529|Acct 2063947620|RC 17608| 8 Subs| 148 UsgRecs| ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Putnala
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines whose third field is 0

Hi, I have a file with colon separated values like below. How can i get those lines whose third field is 0 (zero). In the below example, lines starting with stapler and tempo has its third field as 0 $ cat list.txt galaxy:b:5:world stapler:a:0:hello abc:a:4:stomper kepler:uic:5:jam... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ps output field extract

This is the output from ps -ef cmd . I have to extract the fourth (C) and the seventh (TIME) field root 3932344 3801216 Apr 08 - 0:00 /usr/sbin/rsct/bin/ERrmd root 3997836 1 0 Apr 08 - 0:00 /usr/sbin/uprintfd root 4128894 3801216 0 Apr 08 - 0:09... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anu_1
3 Replies
tracker-extract(1)						   User Commands						tracker-extract(1)

NAME
tracker-extract - Extract metadata from a file. SYNOPSYS
tracker-extract [OPTION...] FILE... DESCRIPTION
tracker-extract reads the file and mimetype provided in stdin and extract the metadata from this file; then it displays the metadata on the standard output. NOTE: If a FILE is not provided then tracker-extract will run for 30 seconds waiting for DBus calls before quitting. OPTIONS
-?, --help Show summary of options. -v, --verbosity=N Set verbosity to N. This overrides the config value. Values include 0=errors, 1=minimal, 2=detailed and 3=debug. -f, --file=FILE The FILE to extract metadata from. The FILE argument can be either a local path or a URI. It also does not have to be an absolute path. -m, --mime=MIME The MIME type to use for the file. If one is not provided, it will be guessed automatically. -d, --disable-shutdown Disable shutting down after 30 seconds of inactivity. -i, --force-internal-extractors Use this option to force internal extractors over 3rd parties like libstreamanalyzer. -m, --force-module=MODULE Force a particular module to be used. This is here as a convenience for developers wanting to test their MODULE file. Only the MOD- ULE name has to be specified, not the full path. Typically, a MODULE is installed to /usr/lib/tracker-0.7/extract-modules/. This option can be used with or without the .so part of the name too, for example, you can use --force-module=foo Modules are shared objects which are dynamically loaded at run time. These files must have the .so suffix to be loaded and must con- tain the correct symbols to be authenticated by tracker-extract. For more information see the libtracker-extract reference documen- tation. -V, --version Show binary version. EXAMPLES
Using command line to extract metadata from a file: $ tracker-extract -v 3 -f /path/to/some/file.mp3 Using a specific module to extract metadata from a file: $ tracker-extract -v 3 -f /path/to/some/file.mp3 -m mymodule ENVIRONMENT
TRACKER_EXTRACTORS_DIR This is the directory which tracker uses to load the shared libraries from (used for extracting metadata for specific file types). These are needed on each invocation of tracker-store. If unset it will default to the correct place. This is used mainly for testing purposes. The default location is /usr/lib/tracker-0.10/extract-modules/. TRACKER_EXTRACTOR_RULES_DIR This is the directory which tracker uses to load the rules files from. The rules files describe extractor modules and their sup- ported MIME types. The default location is /usr/share/tracker/extract-rules/. TRACKER_USE_CONFIG_FILES Don't use GSettings, instead use a config file similar to how settings were saved in 0.10.x. That is, a file which is much like an .ini file. These are saved to $HOME/.config/tracker/ SEE ALSO
tracker-store(1), tracker-sparql(1), tracker-stats(1), tracker-info(1). /usr/lib/tracker-0.10/extract-modules/ /usr/share/tracker/extract-rules/ GNU
July 2007 tracker-extract(1)