Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup of VIO
Operating Systems AIX Backup of VIO Post 302280677 by homeyjoe on Tuesday 27th of January 2009 11:28:49 AM
Old 01-27-2009
What's the exact command you're running?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check backup file size on backup tape

Hi, I performed backup on tape and I want to append more files to my previous backup on the same backup tape. But before I do that I need to know the backup file size of the first backup I performed so that I know the available size on the backup tape. Can someone help me what command I will use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
0 Replies

2. AIX

vio server and vio client

Hi, I want to know wheather partition size for installation of vio client can be specified on vio server example If I am installing vio server on blade with 2*300gb hard disk,after that I want to create 2 vio client (AIX Operating system) wheather I can specify hard disk size while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. AIX

sddpcm on vio

I have same lun (hdisk3) assigned to 2 vios server (dual vio server) and this is mapped to the client lpar. I have sddpcm on the VIO. On the VIOA, the attributes for fscsi1 and fscsi3 are set to fast_fail and dyntrk is set to yes Now, if I do a lqueryvg -Atp on the hdisk3, I get a "DISK... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

vio in linux

I am working in AIX. In a P series machine both aix and linux os can install.. specific command is there for aix to list out the vio servers details mapped in a frame(ie. lssrc "IBM.ManagementServer", like that..) is there any command is der to list out vio servers details in linux or how to find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muralikrish
1 Replies

6. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies

8. AIX

Problems with VIO O/S 2.2.3

I hope someone has experienced this problem before and can help. I have a P730 (8231-E2D) which is fitted with 8 IBM SAS disks on 2 separate SISSAS controllers. The disk type is ST9146853SS (Seagate SAS 146Gb). The problem occurs when I try to install the VIO server software at 2.2.3. It... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies

9. AIX

Reboot VIO - OK?

We've got two datacenters and in every datacenter 2 VIOs. The VIO manages the I/O of the LPARs. So: Is it possible to reboot the VIO without shuting down an LPAR:wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DiViN3
4 Replies
OMPI-CHECKPOINT(1)						     Open MPI							OMPI-CHECKPOINT(1)

NAME
ompi-checkpoint, orte-checkpoint - Checkpoint a running parallel process using the Open MPI Checkpoint/Restart Service (CRS) NOTE: ompi-checkpoint, and orte-checkpoint are all exact synonyms for each other. Using any of the names will result in exactly identical behavior. SYNOPSIS
ompi-checkpoint [ options ] <PID_OF_MPIRUN> Options orte-checkpoint will attempt to notify a running parallel job (identified by mpirun) that it has been requested that the job checkpoint itself. A global snapshot handle reference is presented to the user, which is used in ompi_restart to restart the job. <PID_OF_MPIRUN> Process ID of the mpirun process. -h | --help Display help for this command -w | --nowait Do not wait for the application to finish checkpointing before returning. -s | --status Display status messages regarding the progression of the checkpoint request. --term After checkpointing the running job, terminate it. -v | --verbose Enable verbose output for debugging. -gmca | --gmca <key> <value> Pass global MCA parameters that are applicable to all contexts. <key> is the parameter name; <value> is the parameter value. -mca | --mca <key> <value> Send arguments to various MCA modules. DESCRIPTION
orte-checkpoint can be invoked multiple, non-overlapping times. It is convenient to note that the user does not need to spectify the checkpointer to be used here, as that is determined completely by each of the running process in the job being checkpointed. SEE ALSO
orte-ps(1), orte-clean(1), ompi-restart(1), opal-checkpoint(1), opal-restart(1), opal_crs(7) 1.4.5 Feb 10, 2012 OMPI-CHECKPOINT(1)