Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Do You Play Video Games?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Do You Play Video Games? Post 302280330 by nixnoob on Monday 26th of January 2009 02:37:46 PM
Old 01-26-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by shira
If you can recommend on anything that doesn't include war or violence, and that is good for beginners, I'd love to know. (And the most important thing is that it won't be addicting. Yeah, that's a hard one.)
Ohhh....that is a tough one...Myst used to be a really fun puzzle type 3D game with no blood and guts. There are more games out there like it. You would probably like it...it's classified as a "point and click" 3D adventure game.

Here is a list of games very similar in play style:

point and click adventure reviews and news at GameSpot

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

use VM to play games in Windows (Intense Games)

I have Ubunut installed on my desktop AMD 6 Core 3.2 (will be getting the bulldozer AMD 8 Core when it releases) 16 GB of DDR3 1333 RAM SSD some HDD's Nvidia 560 ti 1GB My question is, how can I or can I even get a Win 7 VM to play games as well in a main install. Give it 10 GBs of RAM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ochieman2000
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ffmpeg (avconv) + crtmpserver Linux streaming video, no player to play it

Hello Linux experts, I'm working on live video streaming project, and my job is to create video streaming server using Ubuntu 13.04 Here is what I've done so far: 1. Installed crtmpserver from Ubuntu's repositories. 2. Installed ffmpeg To test the server i use webcam as source of video,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: +Yan
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to play video files one after the other continously?

Hi, There are many MP4 files in a folder say 50 files . All these files are video clipping files.Instead of playing the video one by one , is it possible to play all video clipping files into single shot ? Say for example when i play one video file it gets over after sometime and to view... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies
Hex-a-hop(6)															      Hex-a-hop(6)

NAME
hex-a-hop - puzzle game based on hexagonal tiles DESCRIPTION
Hex-a-hop is a puzzle game based on hexagonal tiles. There is no time limit and no real-time element. The objective is simply to destroy all the green hexagonal tiles on each of the 100 levels. As you progress through the game, more types of tiles are introduced which make things more difficult and interesting. USAGE
You can move the character around with the keys Q,W,E,A,S,D, or with the numeric keypad. Alternatively, you can use the mouse and click on the tile you'd like to move to. Use 'U', backspace or the right mouse button to undo mistakes. The 'Esc' key (or middle mouse button) brings up a menu from which you can restart if you get stuck. Your goal is to break all the green tiles. You mainly do this by jumping on them. They will crack when you land on them, and only disinte- grate when you jump off. Try not to trap yourself! During the game, you will be given hints and instructions on what to do. Use the cursor keys or click on the arrows to scroll through the help pages. More pages will be added as you progress through the game, as new tiles will keep appearing. You can choose which level to attempt next from the map screen. Silver levels are ones you've cleared. Black levels are ones you haven't completed yet, but are available to play. There is no time limit and no real-time element, so take as long as you like. SEE ALSO
You can find more about the game on its homepage: http://www.aceinternet.co.uk/~mokona/ In Debian's version, game data is stored in the directory $HOME/.hex-a-hop/. If the environment variable $HOME is not set, it'll use /tmp/ instead. AUTHOR
The game has been written by Tom Beaumont, and is distributed under the GNU General Public License, either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. Hex-a-hop(6)