Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting numbering lines according to a condition Post 302280166 by elionba82 on Monday 26th of January 2009 08:29:27 AM
Old 01-26-2009
no thankfully I don't study anymore...I do by myself, probably I'm not so good as you Smilie if you give me help with that commands for sure I can't handle them...
thanks anyway

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering lines in a file

Hi all, I need to number the lines in a file. I tried using "set nu" in the vi editor, but it is only temporary. Can anyone help me please. Thanx in advance. MK (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: minazk
4 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Numbering lines in a file

Hi all, I need to number the lines in a file. I tried using "set nu" in the vi editor, but it is only temporary. Can anyone help me please. Thanx in advance. MK (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: minazk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering Lines

Hello everyone, I want get numbered lines from a file. and i can do it with: sed = file.txt | sed "/./N; s/\n/ /" | sed -n "5,7p" but the output that i get is something similar to: 5 line5 6 line6 7 line7 and i want something like this (with 2points after the number): 5:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibra
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Numbering lines grep

Is there a way to number lines and use something other than ":" to separate the number from the line? Or can anyone recommend a way to replace the ":" with a tab? Here's what I'm working with: 16859:52.67 16860:46 16861:39.63 16862:33.88 16863:29.64 16864:26.27 16865:22.09... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdolny
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing lines with condition

Hello guys, I need help with a script for removing lines that does not satisfy a condition. For example if a file has these lines: aaaa bbbb cccc aaaa bbbb cccc dddd eeee ffff gggg hhhh iiii jjjj kkkk llll aaaa bbbb cccc jjjj kkkk lllll dddd eeee ffff dddd eeee ffff Then I want... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysean
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl XML, find matching condition and grep lines and put the lines somewhere else

Hi, my xml files looks something like this <Instance Name="New York"> <Description></Description> <Instance Name="A"> <Description></Description> <PropertyValue Key="false" Name="Building A" /> </Instance> <Instance Name="B"> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering file's lines

hey a file called test : Code: hey1 hey2 hey3 ........ how to : Code: 1.hey1 2.hey2 3.hey3 .......... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eawedat
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

numbering lines in a file

if we execute :set nu in vi mode, it displays the line numbers. so how to make this permanently in a file. Whenever i execute cat , the line numbers should be there. please help me. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicate lines with condition

hi to all Does anyone know if there's a way to remove duplicate lines which we consider the same only if they have the first and the second column the same? For example I have : us2333 bbb 5 us2333 bbb 3 us2333 bbb 2 and I want to get us2333 bbb 10 The thing is I cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlm
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep certain lines with condition

file input aaaa,52C aaaa,50C bbbb,50C bbbb,58C aaaa,52C bbbb,50C aaaa,30C bbbb,58C cccc,60C i want to print uniq lines with its max value of column2 expected output aaaa,52C bbbb,58C cccc,60C tks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
4 Replies
BibleTime(1)							  KDE Application						      BibleTime(1)

NAME
bibletime - Bible study tool for KDE SYNOPSIS
bibletime [ Qt-options ] [ KDE-options ] [ options ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the bibletime KDE Application. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. BibleTime is a free and easy to use bible study tool for UNIX systems. It requires a working KDE environment and the SWORD library. BibleTime provides easy handling of digitized texts (Bibles, commentaries and lexicons) and powerful features to work with these texts (search in texts, write own notes, save, print etc.). Generic options: --help Show help about options --help-qt Show Qt specific options --help-kde Show KDE specific options --help-all Show all options --author Show author information -v, --version Show version information --license Show license information -- End of options. OPTIONS
--debug Enable debug messages. --ignore-session Ignore the startup session that was saved when BibleTime was closed the last time. --open-default-bible key Open the default bible with the given key. Use random to open at a random position. SEE ALSO
The full documentations for bibletime and bible study are maintained as docbook manuals. If the khelpcenter program is properly installed at your site, the command khelpcenter help:/bibletime should give you access to the complete manual. BUGS
Please use http://bugs.kde.org or info@bibletime.info to report bugs, do not mail the authors directly. AUTHOR
BibleTime was written by Joachim Ansorg <junkmail@joachim.ansorgs.de> Martin Gruner <mg.pub@gmx.net> Nikolay Igotti <olonho@hotmail.com> Gary Sims <gary@garysims.co.uk> Timothy R. Butler <tbutler@uninetsolutions.com> James Ots <me@jamesots.com> Fred Saalbach <saalbach@sybercom.net> This manual page was prepared by Erik Schanze <schanzi_@gmx.de> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). BibleTime 1.4.1 July 17, 2004 BibleTime(1)