Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting numbering lines according to a condition Post 302280165 by Franklin52 on Monday 26th of January 2009 08:17:47 AM
Old 01-26-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by elionba82
I'd like not to use awk o sed...that's why I found them tooooo difficult Smilie
And what is the reason to make it so difficult? Is it a homework assignment?

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering lines in a file

Hi all, I need to number the lines in a file. I tried using "set nu" in the vi editor, but it is only temporary. Can anyone help me please. Thanx in advance. MK (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: minazk
4 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Numbering lines in a file

Hi all, I need to number the lines in a file. I tried using "set nu" in the vi editor, but it is only temporary. Can anyone help me please. Thanx in advance. MK (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: minazk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering Lines

Hello everyone, I want get numbered lines from a file. and i can do it with: sed = file.txt | sed "/./N; s/\n/ /" | sed -n "5,7p" but the output that i get is something similar to: 5 line5 6 line6 7 line7 and i want something like this (with 2points after the number): 5:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibra
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Numbering lines grep

Is there a way to number lines and use something other than ":" to separate the number from the line? Or can anyone recommend a way to replace the ":" with a tab? Here's what I'm working with: 16859:52.67 16860:46 16861:39.63 16862:33.88 16863:29.64 16864:26.27 16865:22.09... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdolny
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing lines with condition

Hello guys, I need help with a script for removing lines that does not satisfy a condition. For example if a file has these lines: aaaa bbbb cccc aaaa bbbb cccc dddd eeee ffff gggg hhhh iiii jjjj kkkk llll aaaa bbbb cccc jjjj kkkk lllll dddd eeee ffff dddd eeee ffff Then I want... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysean
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl XML, find matching condition and grep lines and put the lines somewhere else

Hi, my xml files looks something like this <Instance Name="New York"> <Description></Description> <Instance Name="A"> <Description></Description> <PropertyValue Key="false" Name="Building A" /> </Instance> <Instance Name="B"> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering file's lines

hey a file called test : Code: hey1 hey2 hey3 ........ how to : Code: 1.hey1 2.hey2 3.hey3 .......... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eawedat
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

numbering lines in a file

if we execute :set nu in vi mode, it displays the line numbers. so how to make this permanently in a file. Whenever i execute cat , the line numbers should be there. please help me. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicate lines with condition

hi to all Does anyone know if there's a way to remove duplicate lines which we consider the same only if they have the first and the second column the same? For example I have : us2333 bbb 5 us2333 bbb 3 us2333 bbb 2 and I want to get us2333 bbb 10 The thing is I cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlm
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep certain lines with condition

file input aaaa,52C aaaa,50C bbbb,50C bbbb,58C aaaa,52C bbbb,50C aaaa,30C bbbb,58C cccc,60C i want to print uniq lines with its max value of column2 expected output aaaa,52C bbbb,58C cccc,60C tks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
4 Replies
PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::QuoteLike - Quote-like operator abstract base class INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::QuoteLike isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
The "PPI::Token::QuoteLike" class is never instantiated, and simply provides a common abstract base class for the five quote-like operator classes. In PPI, a "quote-like" is the set of quote-like things that exclude the string quotes and regular expressions. The subclasses of "PPI::Token::QuoteLike" are: qw{} - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Words `` - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Backtick qx{} - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Command qr// - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Regexp <FOO> - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Readline The names are hopefully obvious enough not to have to explain what each class is. See their pages for more details. You may note that the backtick and command quote-like are treated separately, even though they do the same thing. This is intentional, as the inherit from and are processed by two different parts of the PPI's quote engine. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)