Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Join same line from multiple file Post 302279860 by Franklin52 on Saturday 24th of January 2009 09:21:47 AM
Old 01-24-2009
With awk:

Code:
awk '{
  getline f2 < "2.txt"
  getline f3 < "3.txt"
  print $0,f2,f3
}' OFS="," 1.txt

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Command line tool to join multiple .wmv files?

I need a simple command line executable that allows me to join many wmv files into one output wmv file, preferrably in a simple way like this: wmvjoin file1.wmv file2.wmv .... > outputfile.wmv So what I want is the wmv-equivalent of mpgtx I cannot find it on internet. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

join on a file with multiple lines, fields

I've looked at the join command which is able to perform what I need on two rows with a common field, however if I have more than two rows I need to join all of them. Thus I have one file with multiple rows to be joined on an index number: 1 randomtext1 2 rtext2 2 rtext3 3 rtext4 3 rtext5... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimper
5 Replies

3. Programming

sql,multiple join,outer join issue

example sql: select a.a1,b.b1,c.c1,d.d1,e.e1 from a left outer join b on a.x=b.x left outer join c on b.y=c.y left outer join d on d.z=a.z inner join a.t=e.t I know how single outer or inner join works in sql. But I don't really understand when there are multiple of them. can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Join 2 files with multiple columns: awk/grep/join?

Hello, My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, I have had a look at several threads but I am still confused how to use these functions. I have two files, each with 5 columns: File A: (tab-delimited) PDB CHAIN Start End Fragment 1avq A 171 176 awyfan 1avq A 172 177 wyfany 1c7k A 2 7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: InfoSeeker
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

join based on line number when one file is missing lines

I have a file that contains 87 lines, each with a set of coordinates (x & y). This file looks like: 1 200.3 -0.3 2 201.7 -0.32 ... 87 200.2 -0.314 I have another file which contains data that was taken at certain of these 87 positions. i.e.: 37 125 42 175 86 142 where the first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jackiev
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use the the join command to join multiple files by a common column

Hi, I have 20 tab delimited text files that have a common column (column 1). The files are named GSM1.txt through GSM20.txt. Each file has 3 columns (2 other columns in addition to the first common column). I want to write a script to join the files by the first common column so that in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join common patterns in multiple lines into one line

Hi I have a file like 1 2 1 2 3 1 5 6 11 12 10 2 7 5 17 12 I would like to have an output as 1 2 3 5 6 10 7 11 12 17 any help would be highly appreciated Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harrisham
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to join one file with multiple files in a directory in UNIX?

Dear folks Hello I have a one file called (file1) which the structure looks like this 1 gi|358484521|ref|NW_003764373.1| 1 gi|358484520|ref|NW_003764374.1| 1 gi|358484519|ref|NW_003764375.1| . . . 30 gi|368484519|ref|NW_00449375.1| In addition, I have around 300... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join multiple lines from text file

Hi Guys, Could you please advise how to join multiple details lines into single row, with HEADER 1 as the record separator and comma(,) as the field separator. Input: HEADER 1, HEADER 2, HEADER 3, 11,22,33, COLUMN1,COLUMN2,COLUMN3, AA1, BB1, CC1, END: ABC HEADER 1, HEADER 2,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: budz26
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command line option '-n','-p' and multiple files: can it know a file name of a printed line?

I am looking for help in processing of those options: '-n' or '-p' I understand what they do and how to use them. But, I would like to use them with more than one file (and without any shell-loop; loading the 'perl' once.) I did try it and -n works on 2 files. Question is: - is it possible to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies
X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)					       Generic Mapping Tools						 X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)

NAME
x2sys_merge - Merge an updated COEs tables SYNOPSIS
x2sys_merge -Amain_COElist.d -Mnew_COElist.d DESCRIPTION
x2sys_merge will read two crossovers data base and output the contents of the main one updated with the COEs in the second one. The second file should only contain updated COEs relatively to the first one. That is, it MUST NOT contain any new two tracks intersections (This point is NOT checked in the code). This program is useful when, for any good reason like file editing NAV correction or whatever, one had to recompute only the COEs between the edited files and the rest of the database. -A Specify the file main_COElist.d with the main crossover error data base. -M Specify the file new_COElist.d with the newly computed crossover error data base. OPTIONS
No space between the option flag and the associated arguments. EXAMPLES To update the main COE_data.txt with the new COEs estimations saved in the smaller COE_fresh.txt, try x2sys_merge -ACOE_data.txt -MCOE_fresh.txt > COE_updated.txt SEE ALSO
x2sys_binlist(1), x2sys_cross(1), x2sys_datalist(1), x2sys_get(1), x2sys_init(1), x2sys_list(1), x2sys_put(1), x2sys_report(1) GMT 4.5.7 15 Jul 2011 X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)