Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Newbie help with New Line & Blank Line Post 302279706 by vgersh99 on Friday 23rd of January 2009 03:19:56 PM
Old 01-23-2009
something along these lines

nawk -f kt.awk myInputFile

kt.awk:
Code:
BEGIN {
  FS=OFS=","
}
FNR==1 {curr=$1}
$1 != curr && NF>1 { curr=$1; printf "\n"}
{
  if (NF>3)
     print $1,$2,$3 ORS $4
  else
     print
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie ? Need Help with If/Then & Line Breaks...

I hope this makes sense, but I need help with what is indicated with %%, below : A.) ####List active servers and send to file#### # ps -ef | grep jboss | grep sh | awk '{if ($14) {print $12;}else {print $11}}' | sort > /export/home/kthatch/script_results client302 client306 client309... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kthatch
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: delete regex line and next line if blank

Hi, I want to write a sed script which from batiato: batiato/giubbe: pip_b.2.txt pip_b.3.txt pip_b.3mmm.txt bennato: bennato/peterpan: 123.txt consoli: pip_a.12.txt daniele: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: one71
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question: Help need to remove blank line & sed: Couldn't re-allocate memory error.

I've shell script where i used the below command to take the line which contains patterns. sed -n "/$year 05:/,/$year 17:/p" trace.log | grep -f patterns.txt > output.log This was working fine for long time, but now a days this script is not working with and throwing error like sed:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace two blank line with a single blank line

Hi Guys, I have a file in which each set of records are separated by two blank line. I want to replace it with a single blank line. Can you guys help me out? Regards, Magesh (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fill the empty line by adding line before blank line

FIle A "A" 2 aa 34 3 ac 5 cd "B" 3 hu 67 4 fg 5 gy output shud be A"" 2 aa 34 "A" 3 ac 34 "A" 5 cd 34 "B" 3 hu 67 "B" 4 fg 67 "B" 5 gy 67 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines between a regExp & a blank line

Hi, I have a file, say files_list, as below (o/p of ls -R cmd) $ cat files_list /remote/dir/path/to/file: sub-dir1 sub-dir2 sub-dir3 ... /remote/dir/path/to/file/sub-dir1: remote_file1.csv.tgz <blank line 1> /remote/dir/path/to/file/sub-dir2: remote_file2.csv.tgz <blank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String search and print next all lines in one line until blank line

Dear all I want to search special string in file and then print next all line in one line until blank lines come. Help me plz for same. My input file and desire op file is as under. i/p file: A1/EXT "BSCABD1_21233G1" 757 130823 1157 RADIO X-CEIVER ADMINISTRATION BTS EXTERNAL FAULT ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiline to one line till a blank line

Hello, I have a file as :- ABC DEF GHI JKL <BlankLine> MNO PQR STU VWX <BlankLine> YZA I need it as below:- ABCDEFGHIJKL; MNOPQRSTUVWX; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jassi10781
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In a file, replace blank line by the last line not blank above

Dear All, In a CSV file, say that a given column has been extracted. In that column, information is missing (i.e. blank lines appear). I would like to replace the blank lines by the last valid line (not blank) previously read. For example, consider the extract below: 123 234 543 111... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bagvian
7 Replies
nvlist_next_nvpair(3NVPAIR)				 Name-value Pair Library Functions			       nvlist_next_nvpair(3NVPAIR)

NAME
nvlist_next_nvpair, nvpair_name, nvpair_type - return data regarding name-value pairs SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lnvpair [ library... ] #include <libnvpair.h> nvpair_t *nvlist_next_nvpair(nvlist_t *nvl, nvpair_t *nvpair); char *nvpair_name(nvpair_t *nvpair); data_type_t nvpair_type(nvpair_t *nvpair); PARAMETERS
nvl The nvlist_t to be processed. nvpair Handle to a name-value pair. DESCRIPTION
The nvlist_next_nvpair() function returns a handle to the next nvpair in the list following nvpair. If nvpair is NULL, the first pair is returned. If nvpair is the last pair in the nvlist, NULL is returned. The nvpair_name() function returns a string containing the name of nvpair. The nvpair_type() function retrieves the value of the nvpair in the form of enumerated type data_type_t. This is used to determine the appropriate nvpair_*() function to call for retrieving the value. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, nvpair_name() returns a string containing the name of the name-value pair. Upon successful completion, nvpair_type() returns an enumerated data type data_type_t. Possible values for data_type_t are as follows: o DATA_TYPE_BOOLEAN o DATA_TYPE_BOOLEAN_VALUE o DATA_TYPE_BYTE o DATA_TYPE_INT8 o DATA_TYPE_UINT8 o DATA_TYPE_INT16 o DATA_TYPE_UINT16 o DATA_TYPE_INT32 o DATA_TYPE_UINT32 o DATA_TYPE_INT64 o DATA_TYPE_UINT64 o DATA_TYPE_STRING o DATA_TYPE_NVLIST o DATA_TYPE_BOOLEAN_ARRAY o DATA_TYPE_BYTE_ARRAY o DATA_TYPE_INT8_ARRAY o DATA_TYPE_UINT8_ARRAY o DATA_TYPE_INT16_ARRAY o DATA_TYPE_UINT16_ARRAY o DATA_TYPE_INT32_ARRAY o DATA_TYPE_UINT32_ARRAY o DATA_TYPE_INT64_ARRAY o DATA_TYPE_UINT64_ARRAY o DATA_TYPE_STRING_ARRAY o DATA_TYPE_NVLIST_ARRAY Upon reaching the end of a list, nvlist_next_pair() returns NULL. Otherwise, the function returns a handle to next nvpair in the list. These and other libnvpair(3LIB) functions cannot manipulate nvpairs after they have been removed from or replaced in an nvlist. Replacement can occur during pair additions to nvlists created with NV_UNIQUE_NAME_TYPE and NV_UNIQUE_NAME. See nvlist_alloc(3NVPAIR). ERRORS
No errors are defined. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Example of usage of nvlist_next_nvpair(). /* * usage of nvlist_next_nvpair() */ static int edit_nvl(nvlist_t *nvl) { nvpair_t *curr = nvlist_next_nvpair(nvl, NULL); while (curr != NULL) { int err; nvpair_t *next = nvlist_next_nvpair(nvl, curr); if (!nvl_check(curr)) if ((err = nvlist_remove(nvl, nvpair_name(curr), nvpair_type(curr))) != 0) return (err); curr = next; } return(0); } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Interface Stability | Evolving | +----------------------------+------------------------------+ |MT-Level | MT-Safe | +----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libnvpair(3LIB), nvlist_alloc(3NVPAIR), attributes(5) NOTES
The enumerated nvpair data types might not be an exhaustive list and new data types can be added. An application using the data type enu- meration, data_type_t, should be written to expect or ignore new data types. SunOS 5.11 2 Feb 2004 nvlist_next_nvpair(3NVPAIR)