Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 9 & JetDirect
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 9 & JetDirect Post 302279491 by Diabolist on Thursday 22nd of January 2009 11:01:55 PM
Old 01-23-2009
Ooo, you can still grab the software here:

HP JD Printer Installer for Solaris- Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center

The default install location is /opt/. You can run `pkginfo |egrep "HP|SOL"` to see if it's installed. I know support for it died a long time ago, but it was always nice to use.

Ew, I just installed it and it changed /usr and /usr/bin to 775 Smilie Silly package. With the version I got (SOLe134.PKG), you run /opt/hpnpl/hppi.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

@HOME & Solaris 8

How would I setup my @HOME connection with Solaris 8, does anybody know the set-by-step procedure to do this? Here's the information I have, My Domain Name, @HOME DNS Servers 24.1.208.XX My Computer Name, cxXXXXXXX-b My Default Gateway 24.6.164.X And my IP Address. 24.X.XXX.XXX Any help... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yestoprop69
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing to HP jetdirect

How can I print from Unix (AIX) to a printer running HP Jetdirect card. I've been reading so much stuff from the internet that it made me so confused already. The ip address of my printer is 10.1.1.75. Could somebody please give me an instruction on how to accomplish this. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nseal101
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris 8 & geforce2

Will my NVIDIA geforce2 mx 400 work on a solaris 8 (intel) system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Assar
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris & XP connection

Hi, Ok so I'm a new to Solaris (& networking) too, I have an ultra 5 and a network card weith a cross over cable going into my network card on my xp machine that has fatband going into it. I want to utlimately get the two machines talking, I have the IP address of the XP machine but am not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AlanB
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Printing pound sign from Solaris (JETDIRECT)

Hi, Any ideas of the character sequence to print the £ sign from Solaris using network printing over Jetdirect software ? Thanks Matt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mattpar75
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris & mail

On my solaris server, I suddenly got a message saying Message from metatest on server. Check xxx mailbox for details. How do I chcek the message. I don't find xxx mailbox. Please help me ASAP. This is very urgent. Thanks & Regards, Nalina H V (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nalinahv
1 Replies

7. Linux

VMware ESX server && Solaris 10 on same PC ??

Hi all, I tried to install Solaris 10 and then VMware ESX server v3.02 on the same PC (or hard drive). But after successfully installing Solaris 10, when I installed Vmware ESX Server on the same drive(but on different partition, boot menu is not coming. It is just booting Vmware only. Pls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikas027
1 Replies

8. AIX

HP JetDirect

Hello, i've got a problem regarding adding the printer queue. we are using network printer (HP jet direct) i issue this command smit printers -> printer spooling -> add a print queue -> HP jet direct error occured "Printer Attachment Type Support Not Installed" but when i check in the lslpp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: winky
1 Replies

9. Solaris

SOLARIS & VISTA

I WANTED TO INSTALL SOLARIS 10 on my HP laptop but I wanted to do it in Dual mode, I mean I don't wanna loose Vista but also wanted to use Solaris 10. I have original Solaris 10 Installation Media kit and If you know how to do it, Please let me know. DUAL OS SETUP HELP NEEDED. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santy23
4 Replies

10. Solaris

sudo for solaris 8 & 9

Dear ALL please can anyone tell me from where can i install sudo for solaris 8 & 9 and how i can install it in the solaris server . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
1 Replies
Template::Plugin::URL(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Template::Plugin::URL(3)

NAME
Template::Plugin::URL - Plugin to construct complex URLs SYNOPSIS
[% USE url('/cgi-bin/foo.pl') %] [% url(debug = 1, id = 123) %] # ==> /cgi/bin/foo.pl?debug=1&id=123 [% USE mycgi = url('/cgi-bin/bar.pl', mode='browse', debug=1) %] [% mycgi %] # ==> /cgi/bin/bar.pl?mode=browse&debug=1 [% mycgi(mode='submit') %] # ==> /cgi/bin/bar.pl?mode=submit&debug=1 [% mycgi(debug='d2 p0', id='D4-2k[4]') %] # ==> /cgi-bin/bar.pl?mode=browse&debug=d2%20p0&id=D4-2k%5B4%5D DESCRIPTION
The "URL" plugin can be used to construct complex URLs from a base stem and a hash array of additional query parameters. The constructor should be passed a base URL and optionally, a hash array reference of default parameters and values. Used from with a template, it would look something like the following: [% USE url('http://www.somewhere.com/cgi-bin/foo.pl') %] [% USE url('/cgi-bin/bar.pl', mode='browse') %] [% USE url('/cgi-bin/baz.pl', mode='browse', debug=1) %] When the plugin is then called without any arguments, the default base and parameters are returned as a formatted query string. [% url %] For the above three examples, these will produce the following outputs: http://www.somewhere.com/cgi-bin/foo.pl /cgi-bin/bar.pl?mode=browse /cgi-bin/baz.pl?mode=browse&debug=1 Note that additional parameters are separated by '"&"' rather than simply '"&"'. This is the correct behaviour for HTML pages but is, unfortunately, incorrect when creating URLs that do not need to be encoded safely for HTML. This is likely to be corrected in a future version of the plugin (most probably with TT3). In the mean time, you can set $Template::Plugin::URL::JOINT to "&" to get the correct behaviour. Additional parameters may be also be specified to the URL: [% url(mode='submit', id='wiz') %] Which, for the same three examples, produces: http://www.somewhere.com/cgi-bin/foo.pl?mode=submit&id=wiz /cgi-bin/bar.pl?mode=browse&id=wiz /cgi-bin/baz.pl?mode=browse&debug=1&id=wiz A new base URL may also be specified as the first option: [% url('/cgi-bin/waz.pl', test=1) %] producing /cgi-bin/waz.pl?test=1 /cgi-bin/waz.pl?mode=browse&test=1 /cgi-bin/waz.pl?mode=browse&debug=1&test=1 The ordering of the parameters is non-deterministic due to fact that Perl's hashes themselves are unordered. This isn't a problem as the ordering of CGI parameters is insignificant (to the best of my knowledge). All values will be properly escaped thanks to some code borrowed from Lincoln Stein's "CGI" module. e.g. [% USE url('/cgi-bin/woz.pl') %] [% url(name="Elrich von Benjy d'Weiro") %] Here the spaces and ""'"" character are escaped in the output: /cgi-bin/woz.pl?name=Elrich%20von%20Benjy%20d%27Weiro An alternate name may be provided for the plugin at construction time as per regular Template Toolkit syntax. [% USE mycgi = url('cgi-bin/min.pl') %] [% mycgi(debug=1) %] AUTHOR
Andy Wardley <abw@wardley.org> <http://wardley.org/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Template::Plugin perl v5.12.1 2008-11-13 Template::Plugin::URL(3)