Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I remove those duplicate sequence in UNIX?What command line I should type? Post 302279203 by Franklin52 on Thursday 22nd of January 2009 05:24:45 AM
Old 01-22-2009
Something like this?

Code:
awk '/>/{s=$0;next}!a[$0]++{print s;print}' file

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove Duplicate line

Hi, I have a scenario here where I have created a flatfile with the below mentioned information. File as you can see is dispalyed in three columns 1st column is FileNameString 2nd column is Report_Name (this has spaces) 3rd column is Flag Result file needed is, removal of duplicate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Student37
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove duplicate entry in one line

Can anyone help me how can i print only the unique entry in a line? MI_AP MI_AP MI_CM MI_MF RC_NAP MBS_AP SF_RAN MBS_AP NT_CAR so that it will on output the one unique entry per line. MI_AP MI_CM MI_MF RC_NAP MBS_AP SF_RAN NT_CAR I can't find the same situation on the knowledge... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kharen11
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove those sequence with same amino acid?What command line I should type?

My input is listed as: giNumber RefAminoAcid VarAminoAcid 10190711 P P 10190711 D D 109255248 I A 110349771 A ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick chia
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I calculate the total of nucleotide in Unix?What command line I should type?

For example, if I have the file whose content are: >HWI-EAS382_30FC7AAXX:7:1:927:1368 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA >HWI-EAS382_30FC7AAXX:7:1:924:1373 ACGAACTTTAAAGCACCTCTTGGCTCGTATGCCGTC I want my output calculate the total of nucleotide. So my output should look like this:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick chia
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicate words in a line

Hi, Please help! I have a file having duplicate words in some line and I want to remove the duplicate words. The order of the words in the output file doesn't matter. INPUT_FILE pink_kite red_pen ball pink_kite ball yellow_flower white no white no cloud nine_pen pink cloud pink nine_pen... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_2921
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove of duplicate line from a file

I have a file a.txt having content like deepak ram sham deepram sita kumar I Want to delete the first line containing "deep" ... I tried using... grep -i 'deep' a.txt It gives me 2 rows...I want to delete the first one.. + need to know the command to delete the line from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate line on condition

Hi Ive been scratching over this for some time with no solution. I have a file like this 1 bla bla 1 2 bla bla 2 4 bla bla 3 5 bla bla 1 6 bla bla 1 I want to remove consecutive occurrences of lines like bla bla 1, but the first column may be different. Any ideasss?? (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
23 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove Duplicate Two Line Pairs?

So I have a bunch of files that look like this >gi|33332323 MMKCRGVIMVVEKVMKRDGRIVPFDESRIRWAVQ--- >gi|45235353 MMKCR----VEKMRDVFFDESIRWAVQ They go on...sequences are much longer but all in two line (fasta) format. I want to remove duplicate pairs of ID(GI) number and sequence. I tried... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakere19
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate entries from the same line

Hello, I have a file which have several duplicate entries on the same line: File ID source 1 GM GF GM 2 GM GF GM GF GM GF GM GF GM GF 3 GM GF GM SF GM GF GM SF 4 FF FF FF FF 5 FF GM FF ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate line starting with a pattern

HI, I have the below input file /* ----------------- cmdsDlyStartFWJ -----------------*/ UNIX_JOB CMDS065J RUN ANY CMDNAME sleep 5 AGENT CMDSHP USER proddata RUN MON,TUE,WED,THU,FRI DELAYSUB 02:00 /* "Triggers daily file watcher jobs" */ ENVAR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun22486
5 Replies
true(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   true(1)

NAME
true, false - Returns a standard exit value SYNOPSIS
true false STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: true: XCU5.0 false: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The true command returns a 0 (zero) exit value. The false command returns a nonzero exit value. These commands are usually used in input to shell commands. NOTES
The special built-in utility : (colon) is sometimes more efficient than the true command. EXIT STATUS
[Tru64 UNIX] The nonzero value returned by the false command may vary from system to system. EXAMPLES
To construct a loop in a shell procedure, enter: while true do date sleep 60 done This procedure displays the date and time once a minute. To stop it, press the Interrupt key sequence. SEE ALSO
Commands: csh(1), ksh(1), Bourne Shell sh(1b), POSIX shell sh(1p) Standards: standards(5) true(1)