Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ZFS Help!!! Can I fix this??
Operating Systems Solaris ZFS Help!!! Can I fix this?? Post 302279114 by lacakid on Thursday 22nd of January 2009 02:25:27 AM
Old 01-22-2009
Huh?

Ummmm early on I am sure people like me dide it this way if it was for cheap USB storage.... all I am looking for is some solution that Sun came out with even as an interim step....

Anyways, hope to hear from someone that has a +++++ answer Smilie

Thanks though,
Smilie Smilie Smilie Smilie Smilie Smilie Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ZFS Question

We are looking into testing ZFS at our location. Because we are a government agency we have security and auditors breathing down our neck to make sure we are not opening any security holes. My question is are there any ports or security concerns I would need to address if implemnting a ZFS file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkruck
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Are you using ZFS ?

With Solaris 11 coming out with a requirement of ZFS on the root disk, I was curious to know who is using the Zeta File System now? I have been using ZFS for the past year and don't plan to go back to UFS since ZFS is much more reliable and easier to maintain. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
13 Replies

3. Solaris

ZFS Issues

Hi, I am nowusing ZFS since some weeks and now I have 2 questions: 1) in zpool I saw some disk added with the *s2 at the end, I have in mind that should not be ? is this right and if so can I get the *s2 disk out of the zpool ? 2) Zpool has still 2 spare disk but when I try to create a new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manni2
6 Replies

4. Solaris

zfs rollback

i created a snapshot as follow as bash-3.00# zfs snapshot dinu/dinu1@dinusnap1 then i deleted the contents in the directory dinu1 now i want to rollback that contents from snapshot and i used bash-3.00# zfs rollback dinu/dinu1/@dinusnap1 but i received error as follow as cannot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
3 Replies

5. Solaris

ZFS

what are all the advantages of ZFS comparing to UFS SVM what is the use of creating file system in a file system in ZFS (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
15 Replies

6. Solaris

zfs migration

Hello, I want to migrate one of my ZFS root filesystem to a new disk on the same server. Can someone please guide me for the same? This is a Solaris 10 box running on Intel. # df -h /setup Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on root/ROOT/zfsroot/setup ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahive
1 Replies

7. Solaris

ZFS

Hi, I need some advice please. I have this server with a couple of zpools, lets call them pay_serv ukb_pool There are two zones attached to these pools. When I do a zfs list I see this pay_serv 8.41G 265G 8.41G /pay_serv ukb_pool 79.8G 194G 23K /ukb_pool ukb_pool/temp_ps 9.11G... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
4 Replies

8. Solaris

ZFS Filesystem

Hi, Recently we have new server T5 Oracle. We set up it for our database. For out database files we set one zfs filesystem. When i use iostat -xc the output as below. As you see the value for vdc4 is quite high. extended device statistics cpu device ... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
32 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)