Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting executing mysql load statement from shell script Post 302279100 by zaxxon on Thursday 22nd of January 2009 01:57:44 AM
Old 01-22-2009
When using that in a shell script like for example:
Code:
mysql -uroot -psomepass mydb < dothat.sql

... you can always check with the shell variable $? what happened; just echo it. 0 is success, 1 is a fail. If you need more verbose output, man mysql says add a -v or -vv or -vvv. -vvv should be as detailed as if doing that interactive on the mysql prompt.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write DB2 Load Utility in Shell script

Hi, I am a beginner. I need an example of using DB2 Load Utility in Shell script. I appreciate if anyone could help me about it. Thanks, Paris (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: parisbeginner
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a Oracle SQL statement in a UNIX script

Hi All, I need to select one column from a table based upon the passed in parameter. I tried this: sqlplus -silent $MISP_USER << EOF set feedback off; set verify off; set sqlprompt "" SELECT mail_flag FROM dailyjobs WHERE job_name = '$1'; exit 0 EOF exit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh and MySQL LOAD DATA

I have a csv file in a folder that is roughly 500,000 rows long. Rather than using PHP, I would like to use SH to run a MYSQL LOAD DATA command to load the data in, as I think it would be much faster and would not cause any memory problems associated with PHP. But the problem is, I am not... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: worchyld
18 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to create disk load

friends , need a shell script to create a disk load. can any one pls guide me with how this can be implemented. Pls provide the concept. from there i will try to design my script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: achak01
3 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Problem with executing a possible if or case statement script

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a phonebook program. It should use functions to perform the required tasks. It should be menu-based,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rgasin02
1 Replies

7. Programming

Sybase load statement issue

hi, I am trying to load a sybase table using a file ( unit separator is the delimiter) which is in IQ server. I Used load statment as below execute ('LOAD TABLE schemaname.tablename (' || ' name, age, date, Symbols) from ' || ' '' /filepath/file.txt '' ' || ' QUOTES off ' || ' DELIMITED... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ERROR in executing mysql querys in shell scripting

Hi All, Please see the below script for mysql 3 commands. Its giving me the right output for all three commands but showing some errors in first two commands , i guess there might be an issue with date. Can anyone help me . #! /bin/bash TABLE_NAME=testingddatabase USER_NAME=root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Balance the load of files across queues using shell script

Hi, I need to balance the load to be processed by the system using shell script. The scenario is like below: Suppose there are some files in a directory: -rw-rw-r-- 1 usr usrgrp 456432306 Oct 23 07:53 abc_queue_q1 -rw-rw-r-- 1 usr usrgrp 4123934 Oct 23 07:53... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vsachan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to keep staying on remote server after executing a shell script with if then exit end statement?

i have a "if .. then exit end " in s shell script on remote servers. now the connection to the remote server got killed after i run this script on the remote servers. How do i run this script on remote hosts and still keep remote connections alive after executing the script. Thank you. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: moonmonk
10 Replies
grass-mysql(1grass)						Grass User's Manual					       grass-mysql(1grass)

NAME
grass-mysql - MySQL driver MySQL driver MySQL driver in GRASS MySQL database driver in GRASS enables GRASS to store vector attributes in MySQL server. Because vector attribute tables are created automaticaly when a new vector is written and the name of the table is the same as the name of the vector it is good practice to create a new database for each GRASS mapset. Creating a MySQL database A new database is created within MySQL: mysql> CREATE DATABASE mydb; See the MySQL manual for details. Driver and database name GRASS modules require 2 parameters to connect to a database. Those parameters are 'driver' and 'database'. For MySQL driver the parameter 'driver' should be set to value 'mysql'. The parameter 'database' can be given in two formats: Database name - in case of connection from localhost String of comma separated list of kye=value options. Supported options are: dbname - database name host - host name or IP address port - server port number Examples of connection parameters: db.connect driver=mysql database=mytest db.connect driver=mysql database='dbname=mytest,host=test.grass.org' Data types GRASS supports almost all MySQL data types with following limitations: Binary columns (BINARY, VARBINARY, TINYBLOB, MEDIUMBLOB, BLOB, LONGBLOB) are not not supported. If a table with binary col- umn(s) is used in GRASS a warning is printed and only the supported columns are returned in query results. Columns of type SET and ENUM are represented as string (VARCHAR). Very large integers in columns of type BIGINT can be lost or corrupted because GRASS does not support 64 bin integeres on most platforms. GRASS does not currently distinguish types TIMESTAMP and DATETIME. Both types are in GRASS interpreted as TIMESTAMP. Indexes GRASS modules automaticaly create index on key column of vector attributes table. The index on key column is important for performance of modules which update the attribute table, for example v.to.db, v.distance and v.what.rast. Privileges Because MySQL does not support groups of users and because only MySQL 'root' can grant privileges to other users GRASS cannot automaticaly grant select privileges on created tables to group of users. If you want to give privilege to read data from your mapset to other users you have to ask your MySQL server administrator to grant select privilege to them on the MySQL database used for that mapset. For example, to allow everybody to read data in from your database 'mydb': shell> mysql --user=root mysql mysql> GRANT SELECT ON mydb.* TO ''@'%'; Schemas Because MySQL does not support database schemas the parameter 'schema' of module db.connect should never be set to any value. If you set that parameter for MySQL driver GRASS will try to write tables to the specified schema which will result in errors. Groups MySQL does not support user groups. Any settings specified by 'group' parameter of module db.connect are ignored by GRASS for MySQL driver. SEE ALSO
db.connect, SQL support in GRASS GIS Credits Development of the driver was sponsored by Faunalia (Italy) as part of a project for ATAC. AUTHOR
Radim Blazek Last changed: $Date: 2011-02-07 18:59:50 +0100 (Mon, 07 Feb 2011) $ Help Index GRASS 6.4.2 grass-mysql(1grass)