Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Opinions/Ideas/Suggestions needed Post 302279065 by Annihilannic on Wednesday 21st of January 2009 11:13:43 PM
Old 01-22-2009
I see no problem with the su method, since the only command you really need to do under that user ID is the actual rm. For efficiency make it remove many files per rm command rather than running su for each individual file (consider xargs).

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Runaway process. Opinions needed

not too long ago, i wrote a very short script that will bring up 4 customized xterms. The script went completely abnormal simply because of an error I had made in a while loop. This script took control of the system and rendered everything useless. The system admin team which i was part of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Opinions on memory increase

We are trying to tune a server which phsycially is maxed out on cpu. We are maxing out on memory and swapping at a rate of 20-43% of our swap space which is approx 45% of total ram. We "can" upgrade to twice the memory that we currently have but it will be costly as there are no more seats... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help/suggestions needed with wget

Hi I'm thinking of using the following command to download some music from websites I visit (designated in the mp3blogs.txt file): wget -r -l1 -H -t1 -nd -N -np -A.mp3 -erobots=off -i ~/mp3blogs.txt -P ~/Music/WGet My only question is, is there ANY way to either download files that have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gMan2020
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Backing up virtual machines - opinions/suggestions needed.

Hi, I was required to do a backup of a virtual machine that runs on vmware. The guest operating system is windows, and the host is windows too. I have to backup the whole directory of the virtual machine (say in linux it'll be in /var/lib/vmware/virtual machines/) to a linux server. Initially... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 60doses
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need opinions about scripting blackouts

Hi All. I am stuck and need some fresh ideas... I am writing a script that checks to see if an Oracle db is available. The script reads an ini file to determine if there is a blackout period for certain db's... ie: we don't care if it's up or down 1700 - 700 the next morning. The ini file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

WPAR monitoring shell script suggestions needed

Hi All, This is for WPAR monitoring shell script, earlier opened thread was closed, had to open a new thread, as suggested I have used script as below, But am trying to get the output in below format, need suggestions with it. Below is the lswpar output, required output format. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Distributing script projects, suggestions/ideas?

Heyas If you recall, not too long ago, i was asking about the GNU Autotools. The feedback on that was almost unisense, and me figured that it turned my (back then) +98% SHELL project into a +73% GROFF project... :( Felt a bit overhelmed, specialy since i didnt actualy use or need the true... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)                                                 Debhelper                                                DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)

NAME
dh_installdebconf - install files used by debconf in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installdebconf [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdebconf is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by debconf into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postrm commands needed to interface with debconf. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how that works. Note that if you use debconf, your package probably needs to depend on it (it will be added to ${misc:Depends} by this program). Note that for your config script to be called by dpkg, your postinst needs to source debconf's confmodule. dh_installdebconf does not install this statement into the postinst automatically as it is too hard to do it right. FILES
debian/package.config This is the debconf config script, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. Inside the script, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. debian/package.templates This is the debconf templates file, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. debian/po/ If this directory is present, this program will automatically use po2debconf(1) to generate merged templates files that include the translations from there. For this to work, your package should build-depend on po-debconf. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postrm script. -- params Pass the params to po2debconf. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)