Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) terminal script stops after script command :(. Post 302278992 by drdread on Wednesday 21st of January 2009 04:32:08 PM
Old 01-21-2009
here we go.

hey boss,

this is the hole script:

telnet 6.20.9.35
Admin
xxxx

its all in a text file that i converted to .common and made executable.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start SCRIPT command at begin of TERMINAL?

Hello sir, I want to monitor my work on the terminal.I know we can use script command.But every time when I start the terminal, I have to type script to start it.I want to automate it. So where should I include this command so that it will start as soon as I start the terminal ???? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why My Script Stops After 1st Command

My script is very simple. It call isql and then echo a message. The problem is after the 1st command (isql), it stops so that the echo line never gets executed. Can anyone let me know what is wrong? #!/usr/bin/sh userid=xxxx server=xxxx db=xxxx pwd=xxxx isql -U ${userid} -S ${server}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbyls
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to run a command in a new terminal

Hey, I am trying to write a script that will open all of my session windows, and then secure shell into the appropriate server in the new windows. Seems simple, but I cant get it to work! Please help! :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sojo1024
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Terminal Command into script

Hi All I have this script that checks to see if ntp is enabled on a machine launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.ntp.ntpd.plist It retuns org.ntp.ntpd: Already loaded if it is loaded, is there a way to script it so that if it is loaded it does not say anything but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script stops working after copying it

Hi all, When I cp a script, this section of the code stops reading from a file. if ; then while read dirtoclean do DIRSTOCLEAN=${DIRSTOCLEAN}' '$dirtoclean done < ${BASEDIR}test.conf fi ${DIRSTOCLEAN} doesn't return anything, even though it will work right before... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicksantos1
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script stops working when using crontab

I have made a shell script(/bin/sh) that starts a perl script (that I haven't made my self) that's starts a ssh session. The ssh session uses a private/public key to login so no password is needed. The Perl script works perfect. But when I put it in a cronjob (crontab) the ssh connection asks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: splinter_cell
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script stops after logoff...why??

Hi' i am runing a script thats run with a loop...while loop true. when i exit the server..logon and again the script doenst run. its a bash script test.sh. i run it as: #./test.sh & what can be the priblem please? thanks alot (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigizag
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: Command works in terminal, but not in shell script

Hi, the following command works in the terminal no problem. samtools view -h rawlib.bam | perl -ne '{ @line = split( /\s+/ ); $match = 0; while( $line =~ /(\d+)M/g ) { $match = $match + $1 } if( $match >= 80 || $_ =~ /^\@/ ) { print $_ } }' | java -Xmx12G -jar... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Script Stops

Good Morning, I have a copy script on Solaris 9 machine that is supposed to copy some files to a NAS using: cp -r /dir/dir/ /dir/dir/dirThe script doesn't finish. The directory contains user files of which one seems to copy fine, a second was failing until I did achmod -R -777 to it. Now,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
TELNET-PROBE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   TELNET-PROBE(1)

NAME
telnet-probe - lightweight telnet-like port probe SYNOPSIS
$PCP_BINADM_DIR/telnet-probe [-c] [-v] host port DESCRIPTION
telnet-probe allows the pmdashping(1) daemons to establish connections to arbitrary local and remote service-providing daemons so that response time and service availability information can be obtained. The required host and port number arguments have the same meaning as their telnet(1) equivalents. The -c option causes telnet-probe to perform a connect(2) only. This skips the read(2) and write(2) exercise that would otherwise be done after connecting (see below). The -v option causes telnet-probe to be verbose while operating. Once the telnet connection has been established, telnet-probe reads from stdin until end-of-file, and writes all the input data to the tel- net connection. Next, telnet-probe will read from the telnet connection until end-of-file, discarding whatever data it receives. Then telnet-probe exits. To operate successfully, the input passed via telnet-probe to the remote service must be sufficient to cause the remote service to close the connection when the last line of input has been processed, e.g. ending with ``quit'' when probing SMTP on port 25. By default telnet-probe will not produce any output, unless there is an error in which case a diagnostic message can be displayed (in ver- bose mode only) and the exit status will be non-zero indicating a failure. PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). DIAGNOSTICS
If telnet-probe succeeds, then 0 will be returned. If the attempt to establish a connection fails or is terminated, then a non-zero exit status is returned. SEE ALSO
PCPintro(1), pmdashping(1), pmie(1), telnet(1), connect(2), read(2) and write(2). Performance Co-Pilot PCP TELNET-PROBE(1)