Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk convert seconds to time of day Post 302278950 by timj123 on Wednesday 21st of January 2009 04:03:51 PM
Old 01-21-2009
awk convert seconds to time of day

Does anyone know of a way to convert "seconds" to time of day in "hh:mm:ss" ?

Trying to do in awk with strftime but with no luck.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference in day-hours-minutes-seconds format

Hi experts, I am reading two log files and passing dates as output to a txt file. Code is given below: echo "Start Time:" >> Report.txt cat start.log | while read LINE1 do echo $DATE1 >> Report.txt done echo "End Time:" >> Report.txt cat end.log | while read LINE2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Seconds to hh:mm:ss

Hi All I need to convert a number of fields in a record from seconds to hh:mm:ss ( or possibly hhh:mm:ss ). I'm guessing awk is the way to go . File has multiple records and each record contains 101 fields - can awk handle that ? The seconds values will be in fields 3 - 101 and could be 0. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to add time convert to seconds

Hi, What i am looking for and i am new to this too, is a bash script that will add time in the format hh:mm:ss and produce the answer in minutes or seconds. It needs to be a loop since there are hundreds of times in my file. This is data is from a CDR that calculates duration of time used. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trotella
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Elapsed time in seconds in awk

I am trying to get the ellapsed time in seconds in the body of the awk script. I use unix date to get the time. It works in BEGIN {} but not in the body {} of awk. Any ideas? $ cat a BEGIN { "date +%s" | getline x print x } { "date +%s" | getline y print y } $ echo "one line" |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arturas123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk convert from day of year to date

Hello everyone, I have a file which has day of year in one of the columns (JD=substr($0,72,3)). The bellow scripts shows me the minimum and maximum values of the JD and I would like to convert the JD to date. #!/bin/gawk -f { check=substr($0,1,1) if (check == "S") { ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
6 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Convert time with AWK

Hi All, I need your help with the following: My input shows the time in this format 1311547776493 I need to convert it (as part of my AWK script) into this format: 18-08-2011 09:35:11.072 Thanks a lot! Royi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royip
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert duration of the process to seconds

Hi, I am looking to write a script to kill the process which are running for more than 7 days. So i have a command like "ps -eo pid,etime,args | grep -i xxxx" ( process which has xxx in it and running for more than 7 days needs to be killed ). When i exeucte the above command , i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forums123456
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk or nawk to convert epoch time to date format

Looking for some help and usually when I do a search this site comes up. Hopefully someone can give me a little direction as to how to use one of these two commands to achieve what I'm trying to do. What am I trying to do? I need to take the time value in epoch format returned from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: minigts
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk] combine and convert time from log files

dear all, an awk newbie need your help.... i have log files with this format: mylog1a.log: "08/10/2012","5:05 PM" "Hostname","Device Address","Count" "","10.10.10.18","10234" mylog2a.log: "08/11/2012","5:05 PM" "Hostname","Device Address","Count" "","10.10.10.18","12543" ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: makan
18 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare fraction number and convert duration to seconds

Hi friends, I have a file with contents below: 01.m4a 00:14:45.82, 01.mp4 00:03:46.05, -659.770000 05.m4a 00:27:43.51, 05.mp4 00:27:45.10, 1.590000 06.m4a 00:11:39.73, 06.mp4 00:11:44.60, 4.870000 If 5th column value more than 3 or less than -3 then I should get its name (from first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
2 Replies
Date::Format(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Date::Format(3)

NAME
Date::Format - Date formating subroutines SYNOPSIS
use Date::Format; @lt = localtime(time); print time2str($template, time); print strftime($template, @lt); print time2str($template, time, $zone); print strftime($template, @lt, $zone); print ctime(time); print asctime(@lt); print ctime(time, $zone); print asctime(@lt, $zone); DESCRIPTION
This module provides routines to format dates into ASCII strings. They correspond to the C library routines "strftime" and "ctime". time2str(TEMPLATE, TIME [, ZONE]) "time2str" converts "TIME" into an ASCII string using the conversion specification given in "TEMPLATE". "ZONE" if given specifies the zone which the output is required to be in, "ZONE" defaults to your current zone. strftime(TEMPLATE, TIME [, ZONE]) "strftime" is similar to "time2str" with the exception that the time is passed as an array, such as the array returned by "localtime". ctime(TIME [, ZONE]) "ctime" calls "time2str" with the given arguments using the conversion specification "%a %b %e %T %Y " asctime(TIME [, ZONE]) "asctime" calls "time2str" with the given arguments using the conversion specification "%a %b %e %T %Y " MULTI-LANGUAGE SUPPORT Date::Format is capable of formating into several languages by creating a language specific object and calling methods, see Date::Language my $lang = Date::Language->new('German'); $lang->time2str("%a %b %e %T %Y ", time); I am open to suggestions on this. CONVERSION SPECIFICATION
Each conversion specification is replaced by appropriate characters as described in the following list. The appropriate characters are determined by the LC_TIME category of the program's locale. %% PERCENT %a day of the week abbr %A day of the week %b month abbr %B month %c MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS %C ctime format: Sat Nov 19 21:05:57 1994 %d numeric day of the month, with leading zeros (eg 01..31) %e like %d, but a leading zero is replaced by a space (eg 1..32) %D MM/DD/YY %G GPS week number (weeks since January 6, 1980) %h month abbr %H hour, 24 hour clock, leading 0's) %I hour, 12 hour clock, leading 0's) %j day of the year %k hour %l hour, 12 hour clock %L month number, starting with 1 %m month number, starting with 01 %M minute, leading 0's %n NEWLINE %o ornate day of month -- "1st", "2nd", "25th", etc. %p AM or PM %P am or pm (Yes %p and %P are backwards :) %q Quarter number, starting with 1 %r time format: 09:05:57 PM %R time format: 21:05 %s seconds since the Epoch, UCT %S seconds, leading 0's %t TAB %T time format: 21:05:57 %U week number, Sunday as first day of week %w day of the week, numerically, Sunday == 0 %W week number, Monday as first day of week %x date format: 11/19/94 %X time format: 21:05:57 %y year (2 digits) %Y year (4 digits) %Z timezone in ascii. eg: PST %z timezone in format -/+0000 %d, %e, %H, %I, %j, %k, %l, %m, %M, %q, %y and %Y can be output in Roman numerals by prefixing the letter with "O", e.g. %OY will output the year as roman numerals. LIMITATION
The functions in this module are limited to the time range that can be represented by the time_t data type, i.e. 1901-12-13 20:45:53 GMT to 2038-01-19 03:14:07 GMT. AUTHOR
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-2009 Graham Barr. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-01 Date::Format(3)