Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to prevent "ctrl-C" input Post 302278906 by methyl on Wednesday 21st of January 2009 12:33:02 PM
Old 01-21-2009
Another way.

man stty

For example to turn off interrupt and quit for that session:
stty intr ""
stty quit ""

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh, ksh: how can i "send" Ctrl+C ?

hi all, hope you can help me with this issue. i'm trying to receive some informations from a website using lynx & sh/ksh. $ lynx http://www.discogs.com/release/392142 | grep "members want" result of this command: 2 members want this <here i have to press Ctrl+C manually to escape, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pseudocoder
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

check input = "empty" and "numeric"

Hi how to check input is "empty" and "numeric" in ksh? e.g: ./myscript.ksh k output show: invalid number input ./myscript.ksh output show: no input ./myscript.ksh 10 output show: input is numeric (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoffry
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to prevent the pattern "^[[0m" from being written to a file ????

Hi folks, I am using a shell script to display the referred libraries names of any specified cpp code. Given below is the script: shell script "grblib" ------------------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/sh # get the lines having "include" pattern ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

Apache w/ "Coverity Prevent" cannot start... please hellp!

Hi, I am trying to start the apache server on 11i for Coverity Prevent using following command: # cov-start-gui --datadir /qa_home/coverity/data_dir-4.3.0 cov-internal-httpd not running. For further information, see '/qa_home/coverity/data_dir-4.3.0/logs/error_log' # the error_log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prits31
0 Replies

5. AIX

AIX - "prevent script from running twice" issue

I know about standard "ps ..|grep .. | grep -v grep" solution, but... this is different issue I have encountered in several companies I worked for. And I see this only for AIX - not HP, not Solaris, not Linux. Korn shell script is scheduled in the background (via cron /via Tivoli Scheduler or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooops
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing "^M" from the end of a String (i.e. "Ctrl+M")?

Hello All, I have an Expect script that ssh's to a remote server and runs some commands before exiting. One of the commands I run is the "hostname" Command. After I run this command I save the output using this line in the code below... Basically it executes the hostname command, then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

"/usr/sbin/hpacucli ctrl all show" command does not work

Dear Concern, We have observed that following command stuck/does not work in some RedHat nodes. Please advise us to troubleshoot the issue. /usr/sbin/hpacucli ctrl all show Note: HP Array Configuration Utility CLI for Linux 64-bit With Best Regards, Md. Abdullah-Al Kauser (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
fiu-ctrl(1)						      General Commands Manual						       fiu-ctrl(1)

NAME
fiu-ctrl - a script to remote control programs using libfiu SYNOPSIS
fiu-ctrl [options] PID [PID ...] DESCRIPTION
fiu-ctrl is a script to enable/disable failure points in running programs that are using libfiu(3). Programs are usually launched using fiu-run(1), which enables libfiu's remote control capabilities without the need to modify the program's code. For additional documentation, go to the project's website at http://blitiri.com.ar/p/libfiu. OPTIONS
-c command Run the given libfiu remote control command before executing the program (see below for reference). -f ctrlpath Set the default prefix for remote control over named pipes. Defaults to "$TMPDIR/fiu-ctrl", or "/tmp/fiu-ctrl" if "$TMPDIR" is not set, which is the usually correct for programs launched using fiu-run(1). Remote control commands are of the form "command param1=value1,param2=value2". Valid commands are: 'enable name=NAME' Enables the NAME failure point unconditionally. 'enable_random name=NAME,probability=P' Enables the NAME failure point with a probability of P. 'disable name=NAME' Disables the NAME failure point. All of the enable* commands can also optionally take failnum and failinfo parameters, analogous to the ones taken by the C functions. EXAMPLES
The following command will tell the process running with PID 12345 to enable the failure point posix/io/read with a 25% of probability to fail, and the failure point libc/mm/malloc with a 5% of probability to fail: fiu-ctrl -c 'enable_random name=posix/io/*,probability=0.25' -c 'enable_random name=libc/mm/*,probability=0.05' 12345 And the following will tell the same process to disable the previously enabled failure point posix/io/read: fiu-ctrl -c 'disable name=posix/io/read' 12345 SEE ALSO
libfiu(3), fiu-run(1). BUGS
If you want to report bugs, or have any questions or comments, just let me know at albertito@blitiri.com.ar. For more information about libfiu, you can go to http://blitiri.com.ar/p/libfiu. 16/Jun/2009 fiu-ctrl(1)